Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

Charlton pre-match discussion

if Wood is fit

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Keane Konchesky

Knockaert James Drinkwater Marshall*/Gallagher

Wood Nugent

*not sure if Marshall will be fit

If Wood isn't fit

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Keane Konchesky

James Drinkwater

Knockaert King Marshall*/Gallagher

Nugent

What I think Nige will do:

Schmeichel

RDL - Morgan - Keane - Konchesky

Knockaert - King - Drinkwater - Marshall

Wood (if fit) - Nugent

What I'd do after training like buggery over the next 10 days

Schmeichel (desperately need a new keeper IMO, this one only has a name but very few goalkeeping skills)

RDL - Keane - Morgan - Schlupp

Marshall - Drinkwater - King

Knockaert - Wood (if fit) - Nugent

One day he makes a great save he's as good as his dad and everyones bumming him up the ass, He lets in a ONE ON ONE - all be it through the legs - and now he needs to be replaced.

****ING IDIOT.

With Wood...

Schmeichel

De Laet - Morgan - Keane - Konchesky

Knockaert - James - Drinky - Marshall

Nugent - Wood

Subs - Logan, Moore, St Ledger, King, Dyer, Waghorn, Schlupp

Without Wood...

Schmeichel

De Laet - Morgan - Keane - Konchesky

Knockaert - James - Drinky - Dyer

Waghorn - Nugent

Subs - Logan, Moore, St Ledger, King, Marshall, Gallagher, Schlupp

Why are people slating Konch so heavily? Apart from the goal I thought he was actually one of our better players.

Clearly those who are choosing Schlupp didn't see his performance at Leeds, showed him to be quite rash when he was put under pressure. He may well have a decent career at left back, but he's definitely not ready to take Konchesky's place as yet..

One day he makes a great save he's as good as his dad and everyones bumming him up the ass, He lets in a ONE ON ONE - all be it through the legs - and now he needs to be replaced.

****ING IDIOT.

Nothing, at all to do with the other night.

I've said it consistently

You can count the great saves this season on one hand.... He's made as many great saves all season as opposing keepers have in one single match against us.

He doesn't command his area unless you think moaning at linesman is commanding performance

He's awful at crosses, generally coming halfway

Same for corners

He's pretty poor at long range shots which always seem to curl around into the side netting.

He's awful at close up situations & easily rounded

Distribution is variable

He's not a typical cat-like shot stopper

He's not a dominant awesome boss-like keeper like his Dad

What is he? Middle of the road, nothing more.

I've seen nothing to suggest he's good or that he's better than any lower third to mid-table Championship keeper. He's bang on average in every sense of the word

His only saving grace IMO is he's better than clown Ricardo & journeyman Weale & probably Logan too (although I don't know that for sure)... and of course his surname is Schmeichel.

You can count the great saves this season on one hand.... He's made as many great saves all season as opposing keepers have in one single match against us.

He doesn't command his area unless you think moaning at linesman is commanding performance

Same for corners

He's pretty poor at long range shots which always seem to curl around into the side netting.

Distribution is variable

I've seen nothing to suggest he's good or that he's better than any lower third to mid-table Championship keeper. He's bang on average in every sense of the word

His only saving grace IMO is he's better than clown Ricardo & journeyman Weale & probably Logan too (although I don't know that for sure)... and of course his surname is Schmeichel.

From corners I think im usually pretty confident when i see him coming out to punch it as he usuall gets good conncetion on his punches.

The long range shots that he's let in have been pretty hard to save with him at full stretch.

How many times have teams scored from a one on one situation?

Agree about the distribution but only from goal kicks.

Same for corners

Distribution is variable

Of course you weren't criticizing him before when he was on a hot streak, were you?

Fickle.

Why are people slating Konch so heavily? Apart from the goal I thought he was actually one of our better players.

Clearly those who are choosing Schlupp didn't see his performance at Leeds, showed him to be quite rash when he was put under pressure. He may well have a decent career at left back, but he's definitely not ready to take Konchesky's place as yet..

I think it's because this season some of his defending has been questionable, with a fair few goals coming from the right wing. Having said that, he is quality going forward and his experience will prove to be valuable come May.

I agree Schlupp isn't ready to take on Konchesky's place just yet, but we don't actually have anyone in the squad who can readily challenge for the starting position of LB.

is kermit out to get us ? big worry of fate being a key ?

We bloody well owe him one after he f**ked us in the semi final with that ridiculous 'chip' and he then scored what turned out to be the winner in the away game!

The booing wasn't even that bad. I didn't boo him that night either but I will on Tuesday.

What I think Nige will do:

Schmeichel

RDL - Morgan - Keane - Konchesky

Knockaert - King - Drinkwater - Marshall

Wood (if fit) - Nugent

What I'd do after training like buggery over the next 10 days

Schmeichel (desperately need a new keeper IMO, this one only has a name but very few goalkeeping skills)

RDL - Keane - Morgan - Schlupp

Marshall - Drinkwater - King

Knockaert - Wood (if fit) - Nugent

we have the best defence for a reason you c*ck

Archived