Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Sky change yet another game. - Brum @ home

I wondered yesterday if there was a correlation between when we are on Sky at home and if the Tigers are on Sky at home. Just had a quick look at the tigers fixtures and... guess what.

30th March at home to the Saints on Sky.

14th April at home to Wasps on Sky.

29th March at home to Millwall on Sky

12th April at home to Birmingham on Sky

Is this about making the life of Sky easier with not shifting huge amounts of equipment and trucks from one city to another. Would be interested to look at the full list of televised games for both teams.

To the my garden shed chant

O Sky TV

Are full of S***

O Sky TV are full of S***

We want our games to be on Saturday

We want our games to kick off at 3

Could do. Or rather than attack our fans who can't make our own games with "If you're watching on the telly, your a c***", say "If you work for Sky Telly, you're a c***".

Not all of them are c***s but it's more of a dig at the organisation itself; and it stops us persisting a pointless, unfunny idea to have a dig at our own fans.

Absolutely ridiculous. I've got a ST and this will be my 6th home game this season and i'm having to put it in a bloody effort to get there. Thought i'd be alright getting a ST as Saturday 3pm is easy enough for me to do, but with so many being moved all season i've wasted a lot getting a ST and there's nothing i can do.

If we get promoted games will be mostly be Saturday/Sunday still with some Mondays, and we'll be on TV the minimum amount required most probably.

They're are plenty of people moaning about us being on TV full stop nevermind the day Babs, I'd prefer Friday to Sunday anyway. Some weeks Sky and ESPN televise half the league. 2 X Sat 2 X Sun 1 X Monday.

I'd be amazed if LCFC came out in the black from televised home matches they get next to **** all for them.

Football League clubs take 26% revenue cut under new Sky deal

• New £65m contract covers 75 live games a season

• Sky only broadcaster interested after BBC withdrew

Greg-Clarke-Football-Leag-007.jpg

Greg Clarke, the chairman of the Football League, said it had been a challenging environment to negotiate television rights but the deal 'provides financial certainty in uncertain times'. Photograph: Nick Potts/PA Archive/Press Association Ima

Football League clubs, many of them already under severe economic pressure, are to suffer a reduction in television income after the league signed a TV deal for £23m a season less than the previous contract.

The new agreement, for the three years from 2012-13, will lead to 75 live Football League matches and the Carling Cup returning exclusively to pay TV in a deal worth £65m a year.

It is believed that the BBC, which under the current £88m-a-year deal shows 10 live Championship games a year plus the Carling Cup final, declined to bid for live matches this time around.

The corporation's sports rights budget is facing pressure at a time when it is looking for savings across the organisation in the wake of the recent licence fee deal.

Football League insiders stressed that the drop in TV income could not be compared to the calamitous collapse in revenue when ITV Digital went bust. Then, annual income of £105m was reduced overnight to £21m at a time when many players were tied to lucrative long-term contracts.

The Football League has calculated that 82% of player contracts will have expired by the time the new deal starts, giving clubs time to reduce their cost base.

However, the Football League chairman, Greg Clarke, recently told a parliamentary committee that the game was "heading for the precipice and we will get there quicker than people think" and the reduced funds will seriously worry many clubs facing uncertainty over sponsorship and season ticket renewals.

"This has been a challenging climate in which to negotiate television rights, given the state of the economy and the lack of competitive tension in the sports broadcasting market," admitted Clarke.

The collapse of Setanta and the unwillingness of terrestrial broadcasters to bid left Sky as the only game in town, but Clarke said clubs would at least be able to plan for the future with certainty.

"I am confident that our clubs will take heart from seeing such a significant ongoing investment in their competitions, despite a reduced level of broadcasting income, as it provides financial certainty in uncertain times," he said.

Under the new deal Sky will show 75 live Football League games, the play-offs, 15 Carling Cup ties and Johnstone's Paint trophy matches each season.

A terrestrial highlights package, expected to realise a seven-figure sum, remains up for grabs.

They're are plenty of people moaning about us being on TV full stop nevermind the day Babs, I'd prefer Friday to Sunday anyway. Some weeks Sky and ESPN televise half the league. 2 X Sat 2 X Sun 1 X Monday.

Personally I'd have no problem if these games were evenly spread home and away. You accept some change but we've just had a ridiculous amount of late. Two Saturday 3pm games at home in the whole second half of the season is just wrong.

I'm close to breaking point with this now, it's fcuking pathetic.

Yup. Having Saturday games gets me through the shit of playing crap Tuesday / Wednesday matches... to have them replaced with more midweek games has seriously got me wondering whether I will bother next year. I got the ticket to see city, fill up my weekend and have a few beers with my mates... two of three are being taken away.

Personally I'd have no problem if these games were evenly spread home and away. You accept some change but we've just had a ridiculous amount of late. Two Saturday 3pm games at home in the whole second half of the season is just wrong.

The amount of home games we've had moved is a bit stupid I must admit, and it's bad for our ST holders (although blaming the club is uncalled for they have no control at all)

Personally, I don't mind, I get to watch the match with a beer without being charged £25 to freeze in a atmosphere free stadium listening to some meat head going on about how Richie Wellens is a better player than Danny Drinkwater.

The point in general is we will probably have as many 3pm kick offs in the Premier League as we have had this season, I think we're due to have 11? Will be impressed if 11 of our 19 games are on a Saturday at 3pm should we go up.

The point in general is we will probably have as many 3pm kick offs in the Premier League as we have had this season, I think we're due to have 11? Will be impressed if 11 of our 19 games are on a Saturday at 3pm should we go up.

I think the 3pm thing is a minor red herring, if the kick offs were 12.30/5.20 on a Sat I don't think people would be moaning in the slightest.

Like I pointed out earlier, I think it has something to do with Tigers being televised a day or two after also on Sky. Means they don't have to move their trucks as far. Would love to see how many of our televised games coincide with tigers also playing on Sky over the season... the next two do.

Anyone know how often Hull and Cardiff have been on Tv this season?

I think the 3pm thing is a minor red herring, if the kick offs were 12.30/5.20 on a Sat I don't think people would be moaning in the slightest.

Yep, I could tolerate an early Saturday kick off or even an early evening one.

When it get's to Sunday's, Friday's or now even Thursday's I really can't be bothered with it.

Like I pointed out earlier, I think it has something to do with Tigers being televised a day or two after also on Sky. Means they don't have to move their trucks as far. Would love to see how many of our televised games coincide with tigers also playing on Sky over the season... the next two do.

Anyone know how often Hull and Cardiff have been on Tv this season?

The-Truth-Is-Out-There.jpg

Early/ Late Saturday games aren't too much of an issue, moving it a couple of hours either side usually isn't a problem.

But when you are moving it to another day, in one case two days before on a Thursday, very frequently then there are valid complaints to make.

What a joke, 2 games at home on a saturday left..

Worse than that only 2 league games at home this year.

From January 1st to May 4th we will have had 2 home games on a Saturday at 3pm.

Unless they get shifted as well and seeing as we are playing Watford as our last home game what are the chances eh?!

Weren't we on last season against West Ham midweek on Sky?

As it stands this season we have had 11 Saturday home games with 9 at 3pm kick offs.

I'd be amazed if LCFC came out in the black from televised home matches they get next to **** all for them.

Football League clubs take 26% revenue cut under new Sky deal

• New £65m contract covers 75 live games a season

• Sky only broadcaster interested after BBC withdrew

Greg-Clarke-Football-Leag-007.jpg

Greg Clarke, the chairman of the Football League, said it had been a challenging environment to negotiate television rights but the deal 'provides financial certainty in uncertain times'. Photograph: Nick Potts/PA Archive/Press Association Ima

Football League clubs, many of them already under severe economic pressure, are to suffer a reduction in television income after the league signed a TV deal for £23m a season less than the previous contract.

The new agreement, for the three years from 2012-13, will lead to 75 live Football League matches and the Carling Cup returning exclusively to pay TV in a deal worth £65m a year.

It is believed that the BBC, which under the current £88m-a-year deal shows 10 live Championship games a year plus the Carling Cup final, declined to bid for live matches this time around.

The corporation's sports rights budget is facing pressure at a time when it is looking for savings across the organisation in the wake of the recent licence fee deal.

Football League insiders stressed that the drop in TV income could not be compared to the calamitous collapse in revenue when ITV Digital went bust. Then, annual income of £105m was reduced overnight to £21m at a time when many players were tied to lucrative long-term contracts.

The Football League has calculated that 82% of player contracts will have expired by the time the new deal starts, giving clubs time to reduce their cost base.

However, the Football League chairman, Greg Clarke, recently told a parliamentary committee that the game was "heading for the precipice and we will get there quicker than people think" and the reduced funds will seriously worry many clubs facing uncertainty over sponsorship and season ticket renewals.

"This has been a challenging climate in which to negotiate television rights, given the state of the economy and the lack of competitive tension in the sports broadcasting market," admitted Clarke.

The collapse of Setanta and the unwillingness of terrestrial broadcasters to bid left Sky as the only game in town, but Clarke said clubs would at least be able to plan for the future with certainty.

"I am confident that our clubs will take heart from seeing such a significant ongoing investment in their competitions, despite a reduced level of broadcasting income, as it provides financial certainty in uncertain times," he said.

Under the new deal Sky will show 75 live Football League games, the play-offs, 15 Carling Cup ties and Johnstone's Paint trophy matches each season.

A terrestrial highlights package, expected to realise a seven-figure sum, remains up for grabs.

TV revenues

From the FL:

League fixtures

Champ - £80k to home club only

Capital One Cup

Round 1 - £75k to each club

Round 2 - £100k to each club

Rounds 3-5 - £125k to each club

Semi Final - £160k to each club

Final - £200k to each club

A lump sum of £1.2m apparently but you get that whatever so I doubt where making anything from televised home games.

Archived