Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Electronic advertising boards

Great how some of our fellow fans will call anyone who dares to complain about anything these days.

Absolute lapdogs of corporate football a lot of you, shameful.

Great how some of our fellow fans will call anyone who dares to complain about anything these days.

Matt's post was brought to you in association with Air Asia - The only way to travel.

Isnt that what they are there for though? To get people to actually look at them and take note. They have clearly done what they are supposed to.

Yes, but one would hope that the club doesn't want them to distract from the sport that people have actually paid to watch. I mean, I realise that they don't particularly care about that, but it'd be nice if they did.

Aye. It's no wonder at all that this kind of shite gets worse and worse.

Air Asia, Swift, Sbobet with it's bouncing yellow text, Pukka Pies and Air Asia the worst offenders. Far, far too bright and at times distracting.

They're a TV thing more than anything of course and I think we'd all accept them if they were in the background not disturbing us.

However, words like 'sickening' and 'disgusting' should not be used for the introduction of electronic advertising hoardings for god sake. What a pathetic overreaction.

I suspect (hope) it's teething problems and they will be modified as such in the future.

Teething problems ? Do you really think the club cares if you except them or not ? you are nothing to them just background bodies for the tv camera's . Well I for one have had enough of blasting shitty music in my ears, paying rediculous money for cheap shoddy shirts just so I can walk around advertising their crappy duty free company like a walking sandwich board.

Their absolute idolisation of that great whore Sky tv, sticking two fingers up to the loyal fans who could not get to a match that should never go on in the first place . This is no longer the club I have supported for over fifty years it's is a marketing tool for some foreign money launderers with no historic link to the club whatsoever.

Wake up and smell the cheap coffee you are all being had bit by bit and most of you don't even know it. :mad:

Isnt that what they are there for though? To get people to actually look at them and take note. They have clearly done what they are supposed to.

Not really... I'm that irritated by them that I will now refuse to buy/use anything on them.

Teething problems ? Do you really think the club cares if you except them or not ? you are nothing to them just background bodies for the tv camera's . Well I for one have had enough of blasting shitty music in my ears, paying rediculous money for cheap shoddy shirts just so I can walk around advertising their crappy duty free company like a walking sandwich board.

Their absolute idolisation of that great whore Sky tv, sticking two fingers up to the loyal fans who could not get to a match that should never go on in the first place . This is no longer the club I have supported for over fifty years it's is a marketing tool for some foreign money launderers with no historic link to the club whatsoever.

Wake up and smell the cheap coffee you are all being had bit by bit and most of you don't even know it. :mad:

I'm sorry if I live in the real world where football is a business where we have to compete financially in order to have any modicum of success.

Football has changed in your last 50 misty-eyed years and it's not a popular opinion. What do we do, stand still, stagnent and watch other teams progress thus dropping like a stone as we 'go back to when it was well good' or do we progress, try to make us a financially stable business where we can compete?

Electronic advertising is almost normal in football nowadays and this idea that we should reject is nonsensical. The hoardings are far too bright but other than that, if they get it right, why shouldn't we adopt it. May as well do it now because they'd have been the first things installed after promotion.

Some people need to stop living in the 1960s and accept that this game has irreversibly changed, battling and clinging onto the nostalgic past praying it one day comes back is living in cuckoo land.

Some people need to stop living in the 1960s and accept that this game has irreversibly changed, battling and clinging onto the nostalgic past praying it one day comes back is living in cuckoo land.

Not for me, I've seen it happen, cheap tickets, clubs ran within their means, standing, consistent Saturday games, if it can happen in Germany I firmly hold the belief it can here one day.

The day I 'accept' thats gone and never coming back is the day I probably walk away from the game anyway.

I complained to the club by email last night and received a reply today. Basically, their line is that it is to enhance the customer experience, everywhere else does it, and nobody else has complained. I have had eye strain all day today, something I never normally have. I won't be renewing my season ticket if they persist with these boards.

I complained to the club by email last night and received a reply today. Basically, their line is that it is to enhance the customer experience, everywhere else does it, and nobody else has complained. I have had eye strain all day today, something I never normally have. I won't be renewing my season ticket if they persist with these boards.

Brilliant. lol

Basically, their line is that it is to enhance the customer experience

Yeah, my night was really enhanced... I hope for their sake my eye strain and headaches today are more to do with the beer consumed than those boards otherwise they might be losing a customer.

It's why I bought a ST, I've sent an email complaining about it taking until February to get them installed.

I'm going to complain about the lack of them walking up to the stadium, not to mention the training ground, both areas of football where the customer experience could be really enhanced by this.

Yeah, my night was really enhanced... I hope for their sake my eye strain and headaches today are more to do with the beer consumed than those boards otherwise they might be losing a customer.

lol

You're more likely to get the bends from the beer at the KP than a hangover.

Archived