Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Electronic advertising boards

Not for me, I've seen it happen, cheap tickets, clubs ran within their means, standing, consistent Saturday games, if it can happen in Germany I firmly hold the belief it can here one day.

The day I 'accept' thats gone and never coming back is the day I probably walk away from the game anyway.

It'll take a significant bubble burst before that can happen, there are just too many vested interests in football being the way it is.

It's a tragic shame because Germany should be the model by which English football is run, on and off the pitch, but we'll be waiting a while I'm afraid.

Cov could solve all their problems and get big crowds in if they just covered the pitch with them, perhaps a name changed would help - Coventry Advertisers

Teething problems ? Do you really think the club cares if you except them or not ? you are nothing to them just background bodies for the tv camera's . Well I for one have had enough of blasting shitty music in my ears, paying rediculous money for cheap shoddy shirts just so I can walk around advertising their crappy duty free company like a walking sandwich board.

Their absolute idolisation of that great whore Sky tv, sticking two fingers up to the loyal fans who could not get to a match that should never go on in the first place . This is no longer the club I have supported for over fifty years it's is a marketing tool for some foreign money launderers with no historic link to the club whatsoever.

Wake up and smell the cheap coffee you are all being had bit by bit and most of you don't even know it. :mad:

Have you considered how we financed the signings of players like Wood and Knockaert? FFS it's a business that is making losses at the minute so why not try and get some extra cash in?

Fair point if your argument was it restricts your view but your moaning about advertising

Have you considered how we financed the signings of players like Wood and Knockaert? FFS it's a business that is making losses at the minute so why not try and get some extra cash in?

Yes we borrow it off Asia Sports Investments and it goes onto the football clubs debt.

I complained to the club by email last night and received a reply today. Basically, their line is that it is to enhance the customer experience, everywhere else does it, and nobody else has complained. I have had eye strain all day today, something I never normally have. I won't be renewing my season ticket if they persist with these boards.

Ah so the weasle words " enhance customer experience " tells you all you need to know about modern footballI It " enhances" fvck all and the experience is sickening but they are making out like they are doing you a favour :blink:

Teething problems ? Do you really think the club cares if you except them or not ? you are nothing to them just background bodies for the tv camera's . Well I for one have had enough of blasting shitty music in my ears, paying rediculous money for cheap shoddy shirts just so I can walk around advertising their crappy duty free company like a walking sandwich board.

Their absolute idolisation of that great whore Sky tv, sticking two fingers up to the loyal fans who could not get to a match that should never go on in the first place . This is no longer the club I have supported for over fifty years it's is a marketing tool for some foreign money launderers with no historic link to the club whatsoever.

Wake up and smell the cheap coffee you are all being had bit by bit and most of you don't even know it. :mad:

Agreed!

Lets face it. The fans of Leicester City really are the biggest bunch of moaning halfwits in England. Moan about the players, the manager, the big screens, the food, the prices, the fanstore and NOW the advertising boards. Are people not happy unless they have something to slag off about the club. Get ****ing real. The owners are trying to run a business.Times have changed. Football is about money and we wont get anywhere without it. If electronic advertising boards can rake money in, then im afraid its tough. I mean eye strain, really? Take a pair of sunglasses if it hurts you so much.

Lets face it. The fans of Leicester City really are the biggest bunch of moaning halfwits in England. Moan about the players, the manager, the big screens, the food, the prices, the fanstore and NOW the advertising boards. Are people not happy unless they have something to slag off about the club. Get ****ing real. The owners are trying to run a business.Times have changed. Football is about money and we wont get anywhere without it. If electronic advertising boards can rake money in, then im afraid its tough. I mean eye strain, really? Take a pair of sunglasses if it hurts you so much.

Thank you, doctor, for that helpful suggestion. Yes, eyestrain, really. It's actually halfwitted and simplistic to lump everyone together under one label of "moaners" rather that take what they are saying seriously. This is the only moan I've had about anything to do with the Leicester City Experience. I don't get any pleasure out of complaining, and regardless of your vast medical knowledge, I did have good reason to complain. I refuse to put up with the conditions I endured last night. If that means saving my money and doing something else on a Saturday or whatever day Sky dictates we play, then so be it. If King Money drives enough people away you'll have the whole stadium to yourself.

I'm suprised you manage to even turn your computer on when you are wearing your King Power sandwich board 24/7.

Thank you, doctor, for that helpful suggestion. Yes, eyestrain, really. It's actually halfwitted and simplistic to lump everyone together under one label of "moaners" rather that take what they are saying seriously. This is the only moan I've had about anything to do with the Leicester City Experience. I don't get any pleasure out of complaining, and regardless of your vast medical knowledge, I did have good reason to complain. I refuse to put up with the conditions I endured last night. If that means saving my money and doing something else on a Saturday or whatever day Sky dictates we play, then so be it. If King Money drives enough people away you'll have the whole stadium to yourself.

You think they would remove them because a few people have headaches and eyestrain? You seriously reckon many people would stop going because of them? Not a chance. You could quite easily move and sit in the west stand or sk4 area and not really have to look at them if its a massive issue. They dont go along the east stand

I'm suprised you manage to even turn your computer on when you are wearing your King Power sandwich board 24/7.

Or not. I just think its pathetic that people suddenly turn on the owners/brand as soon as they dont like something. Why do you think they have done it? To bring money into the club. To pay for players like Wood and Nugent. If King Power can take Leicester to the premier league, then bring it on!

So if they are making money on it then it's fine, no matter how it alters people's viewing. If that's the case you won't mind me giving the club a £10 to come and sit near you and poke you in the eyes.

You think they would remove them because a few people have headaches and eyestrain? You seriously reckon many people would stop going because of them? Not a chance. You could quite easily move and sit in the west stand or sk4 area and not really have to look at them if its a massive issue. They dont go along the east stand

Or not. I just think its pathetic that people suddenly turn on the owners/brand as soon as they dont like something. Why do you think they have done it? To bring money into the club. To pay for players like Wood and Nugent. If King Power can take Leicester to the premier league, then bring it on!

You are all that is wrong with football, **** the fans as long as money is there. Sad.

So if they are making money on it then it's fine, no matter how it alters people's viewing. If that's the case you won't mind me giving the club a £10 to come and sit near you and poke you in the eyes.

Youre welcome any time mate! The point is, every premier league club has them. If thats where we want to go and remain, then its a tiny price to pay. Not easy to be financially sustainable in the top flight. Every penny counts.

If you dont like something I think people are entitled to mention it.

These advertising boards pay a pittance compared to the money we have borrowed off this lot as well. Advertising or even gate reciepts seem to have no bearing on our transfer budget or wage structure judging by the last couple of years,

You are all that is wrong with football, **** the fans as long as money is there. Sad.

I dont like it anymore than the next man. I wish it wasnt based on money. I wish clubs couldnt buy titles. I dont agree with it at all but Im just being realistic. Times have changed since Filbert Street. Theres no point burying our heads in the and pretending its any different. Football has changed forever and I agree its sad. But thats the reality.

You think they would remove them because a few people have headaches and eyestrain? You seriously reckon many people would stop going because of them? Not a chance. You could quite easily move and sit in the west stand or sk4 area and not really have to look at them if its a massive issue. They dont go along the east stand.

So having shifted to now accepting that the boards did cause eyestrain and headaches, are you saying it's acceptable for the owners to install something that causes physical discomfort to the spectators?

So having shifted to now accepting that the boards did cause eyestrain and headaches, are you saying it's acceptable for the owners to install something that causes physical discomfort to the spectators?

Welcome to modern football. Its not pretty but its a reality. I bet having electronic advertisement boards is an entry requirement to the premier league. It is the most money centred league in the world The owners arent just out to upset people you know.

Archived