Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Uncle Albert

WWE.

Talented wrestlers do not deserved to be pushed. Talented wrestlers do not sell a fraction of the tickets, or t-shirts or PPV buys that those with charisma do. Was Stone Cold a great wrestler? Was The Rock a great wrestler? Was Hogan a good wrestler? 

No. 

They need to get over with the fans, then as long as they are not totally awful they will get the push they deserve. 

Very simple if you know how WWE work

Do you watch much wrestling?

7/10? 

I thought it was v disappointing as whole. Compare that to the last of the big 4 PPVs...did not even come close

I was incredibly tired at the time, and in hindsight that was a bit generous. I wouldn't say it was very disappointing though, the actual matches were pretty good, but the endings did leave alot to be desired and seemed to lack any imagination. Enjoying the fact that the Tag Team division is looking strong for the first time in years. With New Day, Dudleys and Prime Time Players set out for a lengthy feud.

I was incredibly tired at the time, and in hindsight that was a bit generous. I wouldn't say it was very disappointing though, the actual matches were pretty good, but the endings did leave alot to be desired and seemed to lack any imagination. Enjoying the fact that the Tag Team division is looking strong for the first time in years. With New Day, Dudleys and Prime Time Players set out for a lengthy feud.

Fair play mate, whilst it was awful, I just get disappointed as I had very high expectations and they were not met!

But I imagine the reasons will be made clear soon enough anyhow

Fair play mate, whilst it was awful, I just get disappointed as I had very high expectations and they were not met!

But I imagine the reasons will be made clear soon enough anyhow

I don't think SummerSlam was that bad, maybe 4 hours was a little too long but the matches apart from the main twos finishes were actually really good. The Tag match was brilliant, Owens v Cesaro, Rollins v Cena were really good, apart from the finish in the latter. 

Could of done with a Rock appearance and I really thought it was going to happen when I clocked his mother in the front row, but I think she is really close with John Cena now since his WM matches with Rock, I remember him going over and hugging her at PPV not long ago. 

Really think WWE missed a trick though, could easily of had Sting cost John Cena the match for the title and gone down the Ric Flair route, would of made a bit more sense than John Stewart and also would of brought Sting into a meaningful feud and one that could of carried on. Flair could of been involved as a Heel and Sting could of as well. 

I don't think SummerSlam was that bad, maybe 4 hours was a little too long but the matches apart from the main twos finishes were actually really good. The Tag match was brilliant, Owens v Cesaro, Rollins v Cena were really good, apart from the finish in the latter.

Could of done with a Rock appearance and I really thought it was going to happen when I clocked his mother in the front row, but I think she is really close with John Cena now since his WM matches with Rock, I remember him going over and hugging her at PPV not long ago.

Really think WWE missed a trick though, could easily of had Sting cost John Cena the match for the title and gone down the Ric Flair route, would of made a bit more sense than John Stewart and also would of brought Sting into a meaningful feud and one that could of carried on. Flair could of been involved as a Heel and Sting could of as well.

I would put money on Sting being the one Cena beats for the title to tie flairs record at Wrestlemania, He will tie the record, and eventually beat it, and when he does it will be a massive thing, personally i think they're saving it for mania.

I don't think SummerSlam was that bad, maybe 4 hours was a little too long but the matches apart from the main twos finishes were actually really good. The Tag match was brilliant, Owens v Cesaro, Rollins v Cena were really good, apart from the finish in the latter.

Was meant to say wasn't awful not was awful haha!

I don't see Sting losing at Wrestlemania again. That is unless he has a busy schedule between now and then and cards a number of wins at the prior PPVs

Can't see Sting winning but if he does a Sheamus cash in is likely soon after IMO. Though that could happen either way. They're gearing Seth up for a face turn.

Rock will probably be in a mixed tag match with Ronda Rousey v HHH/Steph if their plans get the go ahead. And I reckon Brock v Taker III will happen then with Taker's career on the line. You go out on your back - just as Flair, Michaels, Austin etc did.

Can't see Sting winning but if he does a Sheamus cash in is likely soon after IMO. Though that could happen either way. They're gearing Seth up for a face turn.

Rock will probably be in a mixed tag match with Ronda Rousey v HHH/Steph if their plans get the go ahead. And I reckon Brock v Taker III will happen then with Taker's career on the line. You go out on your back - just as Flair, Michaels, Austin etc did.

Cannot see Sheamus cashing in on a legend like Sting.

And UFC have said that Rousey isn't allowed to wrestle in WWE.

Why? Perfect heel heat.

I know they said that but I'm sure they'll find a way around it. Don't see their issue really anyway, would likely get more eyes on their product.

I just feel that Stings WWE career will be so short that he won't lose to someone who isn't big, and Sheamus isn't anywhere near big enough imo. I could be very wrong though!

Glad I found this thread!

Do you lot watch it all on TV or online?

I just feel that Stings WWE career will be so short that he won't lose to someone who isn't big, and Sheamus isn't anywhere near big enough imo. I could be very wrong though!

Glad I found this thread!

Do you lot watch it all on TV or online?

Raw on TV and everything else on the WWE Network. 

Completely forgot about the Rousey thing, yeah maybe that will happen then. Rock HHH would be pretty good at WM 32, never faced each other in a singles match at WrestleMania, in 2000 their match was hijacked by Mick Foley and Big Show, which made it probably the worst ever WM! (Not one Singles match on the card)

Here's a good question, since WrestleMania 2000 (16) which is your favourite WrestleMania? 

17 for me, then 28. 

Honestly...WM 31. I genuinely thought it was a great show, loved it

I don't have good enough internet at home (usually at uni in Sheffield but in the countryside when back home) to warrant the network so use a site called watchwrestling.in check it out folks if you don't know it. Has all the shows and network stuff uploaded and live streams of it all too!

What do people make of Big Show continuously asking for something to retire him?

Do you reckon it's the start of a storyline for a retirement match at Wrestlemania?

Who could it be against? A returning masked Kane? Mark Henry (I read he wants to retire next year)? Or a returning legend?

Sting is just embarrassing. He has to wear a t-shirt all the time to cover up how awful his physique is now.

Its crazy that the Dudley Boys are back. The tag division has been largely flat for a while so this is really good stuff.

Bizarre that TNA are still using footage of 'Bully Ray' being taken out backstage.

Sting is just embarrassing. He has to wear a t-shirt all the time to cover up how awful his physique is now.

Its crazy that the Dudley Boys are back. The tag division has been largely flat for a while so this is really good stuff.

Bizarre that TNA are still using footage of 'Bully Ray' being taken out backstage.

That's because the Impact episodes were taped several months back. I still think his name will be mentioned in TNA even though he has a WWE contract.

Dudleys surely have to win the titles at TLC.

New Day are the best thing in WWE right now, would be silly to have them drop the titles again after just one month.

Expecting New Day to get a Heel win v the Dudleys, probably through Xavier Woods interfering and like you say Dudleys to get the titles at TLC.

That's because the Impact episodes were taped several months back. I still think his name will be mentioned in TNA even though he has a WWE contract.

TNA are absolutely screwed. That situation with Hernandez and having to scrap numerous tapings really is ridiculous.

TNA are absolutely screwed. That situation with Hernandez and having to scrap numerous tapings really is ridiculous.

Also they made PPV events apart from Slammiversary and Bound For Glory into free editions of Impact shows.

Last year's BFG was atrocious, it was held in a small arena in Tokyo, with a 4-sided ring and the TNA World Heavyweight Championship wasn't on the line. They even added some unknown Japanese wrestlers into the event along with some of the TNA roster.

And to think that BFG is TNA's equivalent of WrestleMania. Absolutely laughable.

According to The Wrestling Observer, there is major backstage concern for the future of TNA on Destination America now that we are in September, and have yet to hear anything about the status of Impact Wrestling on Destination America.

As noted a few months ago, Discovery, the parent company of Destination America, sent an internal memo noting they were “opting out” of their multi-year deal to air TNA Wrestling, and the show would effectively be canceled at the end of this month. It should be noted that at the time the report was released, TNA being pulled from Destination America had less to do with poor ratings, and more to do with production costs and how difficult it was for Destination America to sell advertising. That said, ratings still haven’t improved even with the show moving to Wednesday nights.

According to PWInsider.com, TNA officials insist that they major announcements coming, but nobody who’s talking in TNA knows for sure if Impact Wrestling will remain on Destination America after this month. Also, there has been no announcement for October TNA TV tapings.

When TNA signed the deal with Discovery, one of the points of the deal was Discovery would be able to syndicate Impact Wrestling in any market where TNA didn’t already have a TV deal. Another bad sign for the company is Impact was being pulled from Discovery en Espanol, which aired Impact replays in Spanish on Saturdays. The show has also been pulled from Discovery Romania and Eurosports Finland, which is owned by Discovery.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/617515-major-backstage-concern-for-tna-on-destination-america-tna-announcements-expected-and-the-latest-on-tnas-future-tv-tapings

According to The Wrestling Observer, there is major backstage concern for the future of TNA on Destination America now that we are in September, and have yet to hear anything about the status of Impact Wrestling on Destination America.

As noted a few months ago, Discovery, the parent company of Destination America, sent an internal memo noting they were “opting out” of their multi-year deal to air TNA Wrestling, and the show would effectively be canceled at the end of this month. It should be noted that at the time the report was released, TNA being pulled from Destination America had less to do with poor ratings, and more to do with production costs and how difficult it was for Destination America to sell advertising. That said, ratings still haven’t improved even with the show moving to Wednesday nights.

According to PWInsider.com, TNA officials insist that they major announcements coming, but nobody who’s talking in TNA knows for sure if Impact Wrestling will remain on Destination America after this month. Also, there has been no announcement for October TNA TV tapings.

When TNA signed the deal with Discovery, one of the points of the deal was Discovery would be able to syndicate Impact Wrestling in any market where TNA didn’t already have a TV deal. Another bad sign for the company is Impact was being pulled from Discovery en Espanol, which aired Impact replays in Spanish on Saturdays. The show has also been pulled from Discovery Romania and Eurosports Finland, which is owned by Discovery.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/617515-major-backstage-concern-for-tna-on-destination-america-tna-announcements-expected-and-the-latest-on-tnas-future-tv-tapings

I dont see how they'll survive another network move. So much of the talent is leaving, ratings falling, dreadful storylines and bad matches.

Such a shame as a couple of years ago they looked like they were going in the right direction.

With it all less than a week away, what are everyone's predictions for Night of Champions?

Reckon Sting will get the title?

Sting will lose after interference from somebody to set up a match at Wrestlemania. Seth Rollins will beat John Cena. Sheamus will not cash in money in the bank.

Archived