Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigHeadLCFC

2002/3 squad vs current squad

Schmeichel > Walker

De Laet > Sinclair

Elliot > Keane

Morgan > Rogers

Taggart > Konchesky

King > Davidson

Izzet > Drinkwater

Stewart > Marshall

Knockaert > Scowcroft

Nugent > Deane

Dickov > Wood

Therefore, the ideal side would be:

Schmeichel (2013)

De Laet (2013)

Elliot (2003)

Morgan (2013)

Taggart (2003)

King (2013)

Izzet (2003)

Stewart (2003)

Knockaert (2013)

Nugent (2013)

Dickov (2003)

Two very different sides, but that looks a heck of a side. Defence especially looks stonewall.

Schmeichel > Walker

De Laet > Sinclair

Elliot > Keane

Morgan > Rogers

Taggart > Konchesky

King > Davidson

Izzet > Drinkwater

Stewart > Marshall

Knockaert > Scowcroft

Nugent > Deane

Dickov > Wood

Schmeichel (2013)

De Laet (2013)

Elliot (2003)

Morgan (2013)

Taggart (2003)

King (2013)

Izzet (2003)

Stewart (2003)

Knockaert (2013)

Nugent (2013)

Dickov (2003)

Two very different sides, but that looks a heck of a side. Defence especially looks stonewall.

I think you should be comparing Nugent with Dickov and Wood with Deane. Their styles are more similar to each other's.

I can't say much on this topic, I didn't watch or 02/03 promotion although I get the impression we were rather good! :D

Schmeichel > Walker

De Laet > Sinclair

Elliot > Keane

Morgan > Rogers

Taggart > Konchesky

King > Davidson

Izzet > Drinkwater

Stewart > Marshall

Knockaert > Scowcroft

Nugent > Deane

Dickov > Wood

Schmeichel (2013)

De Laet (2013)

Elliot (2003)

Morgan (2013)

Taggart (2003)

King (2013)

Izzet (2003)

Stewart (2003)

Knockaert (2013)

Nugent (2013)

Dickov (2003)

and who is your left back?

I think you should be comparing Nugent with Dickov and Wood with Deane. Their styles are more similar to each other's.

I can't say much on this topic, I didn't watch or 02/03 promotion although I get the impression we were rather good! :D

I'd question why he would take jordon stewart over any of our 3 current wide players.

Been away a while but this topic tickled my fancy...

2013 side is substantially better than that of 2003 with one or maybe two individual exceptions. Bilo you put Jordan Stewart in the side!? You've been on something ;)

Micky Adams played some horrendous direct football, but it was effective due to the personnel we had.

Elliott & Taggart were on the decline - Izzet was the one real gem, without him the side wouldn't have done anything.

The bottom line is that the division now is substantially better than 10 years ago - I doubt very much that the one paced kick & run side of 02/03 would be anything but lower mid table.

and who is your left back?

Hmmm....

Good point!

Let's go with:

Schmeichel (GK)

De Laet (RB)

Morgan (CB)

Elliot (CB)

Konchesky (LB)

Drinkwater (CM)

Izzet (CM)

Marshall (LW)

Knockaert (RW)

Nugent (ST)

Dickov (ST)

Subs:

Walker, Taggart, King, Wood, Deane, Stewart, Davidson

Been away a while but this topic tickled my fancy...

2013 side is substantially better than that of 2003 with one or maybe two individual exceptions. Bilo you put Jordan Stewart in the side!? You've been on something ;)

Micky Adams played some horrendous direct football, but it was effective due to the personnel we had.

Elliott & Taggart were on the decline - Izzet was the one real gem, without him the side wouldn't have done anything.

The bottom line is that the division now is substantially better than 10 years ago - I doubt very much that the one paced kick & run side of 02/03 would be anything but lower mid table.

lol

I liked Stewart though!

Sod it, Marshall it is then.

I agree the side of 2013 is significantly better, 8 of my starting 11 are the current crop, but so too is the league. The only ones I'd put in the current side on reflection are Elliot, Izzet and Dickov as I feel they still had something to offer. I take your point that Tags and Elliot were on the decline, but feel Elliot still had decent aerial ability to get himself off the hook.

Overall though, there were some proper stinkers. Hard to believe Alan Rogers was part of a promotion winning side! That side today would struggle against mid-table sides to be honest, I think we'd be looking nervously over our shoulders at the bottom three. Shows how far the league has come.

Didn't Stewart play at left-back for a bit?

both sides played 442 and Rogers played left back in that side, who was compared with Morgan whilst Konchesky was compared with Taggart, Stewart didn't play left back for us that season

Yeh I seem to remember Stewart being a good player, though I didn't see many games back then. It's hard to say who's better when so many of our current players are young and haven't been tested at a higher level. Some of them could improve and become quality Premiership players.

Years that end in 3 tend to be good for us I've noticed.

Schmeichel > Walker

De Laet > Sinclair

Elliot > Keane

Morgan > Rogers

Taggart > Konchesky

King > Davidson

Izzet > Drinkwater

Stewart > Marshall

Knockaert > Scowcroft

Nugent > Deane

Dickov > Wood

Schmeichel (2013)

De Laet (2013)

Elliot (2003)

Morgan (2013)

Taggart (2003)

King (2013)

Izzet (2003)

Stewart (2003)

Knockaert (2013)

Nugent (2013)

Dickov (2003)

Surely Nugent is more similar to Dickov? And Wood more similar to Deane?

Surely Nugent is more similar to Dickov? And Wood more similar to Deane?

I would say so, just going for the best XI drawn from the two teams.

Wood for me has more to his game than Deane did. Nugent is arguably the better finisher out of him and Dickov, but Dickov's selfless play up front earned him a spot.

Archived