Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Swalker

Schlupp or Keane

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to have here permanently?

• Schlupp
    • Keane

In my opinion it looks like Schlupp could be heading to united permanently with Keane possibly coming here. Just wondered of the 2 players, who would people rather have. I know their completely different players but if you could have one of them who would you have?

We have no chance of signing him but if we could I'd want Keane.

That's what I thought but hearing more rumours that the deal could be we get Keane if they get Schlupp. But it's probably just rumours I just wanted to know who people would rather have

That's what I thought but hearing more rumours that the deal could be we get Keane if they get Schlupp. But it's probably just rumours I just wanted to know who people would rather have

Rumours that probably started on the schlupp thread in here.

No contest. Keane at 19 is already heavily involved in the best defence in the championship. The kid could be one of the best centre backs in the game in a few years. We have no chance of signing him.

Rumours that probably started on the schlupp thread in here.

No contest. Keane at 19 is already heavily involved in the best defence in the championship. The kid could be one of the best centre backs in the game in a few years. We have no chance of signing him.

No doubt he's a top class player

Schlupp, probably for sentimental, irrational reasons. I like the idea of the club occasionally developing its own talent.

Keane is probably a better player at the moment. Whether he ends up as good as some think is anyone's guess.

Certainly has potential, but further improvement needed before he's Premiership quality, never mind international.

In the short-term, I wouldn't be surprised if he loses his team place to St. Ledger or Whitbread towards the back end of this season. Good luck to him, though. He's performed very impressively for a young lad without much 1st team experience at this or any level.

Schlupp, probably for sentimental, irrational reasons. I like the idea of the club occasionally developing its own talent.

Keane is probably a better player at the moment. Whether he ends up as good as some think is anyone's guess.

Certainly has potential, but further improvement needed before he's Premiership quality, never mind international.

In the short-term, I wouldn't be surprised if he loses his team place to St. Ledger or Whitbread towards the back end of this season. Good luck to him, though. He's performed very impressively for a young lad without much 1st team experience at this or any level.

Not so sure... Ghana still play Paintsil, after all. :thumbup:

I know they play in completely different positions, but I'd say Michael Keane's very reminiscent of Tom Cleverley in terms of ability when he was here - you just knew that lad would go on to bigger things when he was here. If we go up then maybe it will be with us, but I think it's more likely that Man U will take the usual route and loan him out to a prem team next season to see if he can make he step up in quality before deciding whether he's got a future at the club.

EDIT: Oh, and I'd take Keane over Schlupp in a heartbeat. Schlupp's got potential but he's got a way to go before he realises it. Keane's already well on the way to realising his. In an ideal world though, we'd be able to keep both of them! Hopefully Evra's been giving Schlupp a few lessons at LB and he can come back here raring to go...

Did Man Utd rate Ryan Shawcross as highly as they do Michael Keane?

I'm only asking because Man Utd agreed to sell Shawcross but with a clause that they get first refusal on a future deal.

Maybe that could be a possibility if any deal was to be done with us signing Keane.

I think United had a glut of quality centre halves coming through their ranks (Evans included) when Shawcross was with them, Fergie admitted he made a mistake letting him go, mind. Think Paul McShane was kept over him...

I'm not sure this is even a contest. Shlupp failed to make much of an impact upfront in any game not against lower league oppo, he showed a lot of promise at left back but that is all it was. Keane looks a much more polished player at this moment in time.

Said Schlupp, for one naive reason and one sensible reason.

Naively, I like the fact we've been part of Schlupp's development: it feels like he's one of ours and that does matter.

Realistically, Schlupp could be a very good reason to watch Leicester in the coming (Premiership!) years-our Gareth Bale (parade-pissers: I know, but both exciting, attacking left backs who may move forward as careers develop). Keane will almost certainly be excellent, and then bought by a big boy, and while money is lovely, players are more exciting.

Keane for me, excellent at this level and could be a good PL CB in the furture.

It take a lot to become a first teamer at Man U and Keane has Evans, Jones, Smalling ahead of him at the moment, plus no real sign of Rio and Vidic hang up there boots.

Man U may well want to cash in.

Easy enough for us to strike a deal to sign/loan keane with united having first option if they need him back which is not that likely for a year or two.He has been getting some serious game experience with us.Schlupp I wouldnt want to see going anywhere permanently.May be the clincher though to keep mufc happy

Archived