Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milton Keynes Fox

8 games left

I don’t know about you but the current situation is very similar to a certain situation 17 years ago.

Remarkable at the same time of year after a similar run of results.

If I remember rightly at the time fans were calling for the then manager to be sacked after the famous Sheff Utd game.

This then sparked a run which got us into the playoffs and back into the premier league.

Another coincidence is that the date of that playoff final was the 27th May....this year’s playoff final is 27th May.

Could it happen again?

I believe, lets back the lads!!!

I don’t know about you but the current situation is very similar to a certain situation 17 years ago.

Remarkable at the same time of year after a similar run of results.

If I remember rightly at the time fans were calling for the then manager to be sacked after the famous Sheff Utd game.

This then sparked a run which got us into the playoffs and back into the premier league.

Another coincidence is that the date of that playoff final was the 27th May....this year’s playoff final is 27th May.

Could it happen again?

I believe, lets back the lads!!!

It's nothing like 17 years ago! MON had not been at the club twice, nor had he been in situ as long as Pearson.

Totally different

People seem to forget that we are still 6th, we are still in the play offs and it is still in our hands! As bad as we are playing at the minute, one win could spark off another 5 match winning run. We went 5 games without winning before we beat Burnley to start off our 5 match winning run, nobody would have guessed that, and at that point nobody would have said we would then only win 1 in 9 after our winning run. The league is unpredictable, we could go and lose all 8 games and finish 15th, but we could win our next 5 and comfortably finish in the play offs.

Cannot belive we let forest catch us up 12 points clear of them with a game in hand.

them last 4 games look seriously tough, starting to doubt we will make the play offs now.

if we fall out the play offs will that stop mark_w saying still 5th-6th

I like this. People predicting us to get f**k all from these games and we might actually pick up a lot of points. Good reverse psychology, as it seemed to have that effect when we last had a big prediction thread of the run-in...

In all seriousness though, we will drop points vs Brighton, Palace and Forest away for sure. But I can see this break as being a good thing for morale, confidence or whatever you want to call it. Back to back wins vs Millwall and Barnsley would set us up nicely. Playing against teams that will try to play attacking football against us and not just pack the midfield and spoil our play will certainly be a help once we have a bit of confidence back. Happy we are playing teams around us as leaves our fate in our hands.

I'll go for

Millwall - WIN

Barnsley - WIN

Brighton - LOSE

B'ham - WIN

Bolton - WIN

Palace - DRAW

Watford - WIN

Forest - DRAW

Oh, it seems whoareyaa and I have the same predicitions. Leaves us on 76 points and a play-off place. Autos out of reach. Confident of a play off place. Lottery from there onwards but who knows. We might just do it

Let's just keep our fingers crossed that the international break has given us a chance to regroup, rest a bit, forget about the last 9 games, and get back some semblance of the side we were before that blasted FAC 4th round.

All we can do is support. A win against Millwall and things might look a little different, so STHs bring your mates, get a decent crowd in and show the team we haven't given up yet. And those of you who have given up on the season through whatever bizarre reasoning, please just pretend you haven't for 90 minutes.

Lastly, any bloody chance of Matt James ever playing again? Or has his career been ended in undisclosed circumstances? I know its tempting to equate bad runs to the absence of players here, even if they weren't in the team regularly beforehand, but it does feel like James would have helped over the last 9.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed that the international break has given us a chance to regroup, rest a bit, forget about the last 9 games, and get back some semblance of the side we were before that blasted FAC 4th round.

All we can do is support. A win against Millwall and things might look a little different, so STHs bring your mates, get a decent crowd in and show the team we haven't given up yet. And those of you who have given up on the season through whatever bizarre reasoning, please just pretend you haven't for 90 minutes.

Lastly, any bloody chance of Matt James ever playing again? Or has his career been ended in undisclosed circumstances? I know its tempting to equate bad runs to the absence of players here, even if they weren't in the team regularly beforehand, but it does feel like James would have helped over the last 9.

Good post

Archived