Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Time for a Poll. Would you keep Pearson or get rid?

Pearson.. Keep or Sack?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sack him?

• Sack him now.. We have to get someone new in to stop the rot!
    • No point panicking! we can still do it! Got to keep our nerve!!
    • Sack him if we Don't get promoted at the end of the season!
    • Sack him even if we DO get promoted! His tactics won't cut it in the premier league...
    • Keep him even if we don't get promoted.
    • Only sack him if we don't reach the play-offs

Keep him even if we stay down.

Regardless of our recent results/performances (very poor), Pearson has built us up a strong, young, decent side. It will only be destroyed if we replace managers now, then he will have to start over. As O'Neill said, it takes four years to build a team.

However, our performances have been poor. I'm sure Pearson will sort this out (eventually). I hope he does, we have some very tough games coming up.

Keep him even if we stay down.

Regardless of our recent results/performances (very poor), Pearson has built us up a strong, young, decent side. It will only be destroyed if we replace managers now, then he will have to start over. As O'Neill said, it takes four years to build a team.

However, our performances have been poor. I'm sure Pearson will sort this out (eventually). I hope he does, we have some very tough games coming up.

Yes, but O'Neill got us promoted in six months, won the League Cup in fourteen, and got us a top half Premier League finish in eighteen. He left us after four-and-a-half years. We'd done alright before your four year minimum.

I'm not sure how you class our side as especially young (the average age was one and a half years older than the Derby side we faced today) or decent (we're on a run of poor form worse than anything under the Sven era).

As for it being 'destroyed' if Pearson goes, well I doubt that too. Pearson started today with four players signed by Sven, plus another ex-Youth player, which shows that incoming managers don't immediately dismantle everything they inherit. On top of that two loan players who have nothing to do with Pearson's team-building featured, plus another youth product who happened to be our best player on the day (despite Pearson desperately trying to sell him).

So I don't think we can defend Pearson on the team-building front, especially as every one of his permanent acquisitions has been consistently awful for the past ten games.

I'm pleased that you're 'sure' Pearson will sort this out - and I still want it to work out for him too, seeing as he was our only half-decent manager in five years in his first spell - but I'm not sure exactly what you base your optimism on.

Yes, but O'Neill got us promoted in six months, won the League Cup in fourteen, and got us a top half Premier League finish in eighteen. He left us after four-and-a-half years. We'd done alright before your four year minimum.

I'm not sure how you class our side as especially young (the average age was one and a half years older than the Derby side we faced today) or decent (we're on a run of poor form worse than anything under the Sven era).

As for it being 'destroyed' if Pearson goes, well I doubt that too. Pearson started today with four players signed by Sven, plus another ex-Youth player, which shows that incoming managers don't immediately dismantle everything they inherit. On top of that two loan players who have nothing to do with Pearson's team-building featured, plus another youth product who happened to be our best player on the day (despite Pearson desperately trying to sell him).

So I don't think we can defend Pearson on the team-building front, especially as every one of his permanent acquisitions has been consistently awful for the past ten games.

I'm pleased that you're 'sure' Pearson will sort this out - and I still want it to work out for him too, seeing as he was our only half-decent manager in five years in his first spell - but I'm not sure exactly what you base your optimism on.

First of all, I doubt what Martin O'Neill achieved will ever be done again at this club. I used his statment as a quote, which I tend to agree with.

I see the team as young, yeah. You're comparing us to Derby who have a very young squad. I also think, looking at some of our players' abilities, we have a decent team. Our squad in total might not offer quality in depth, but we have players that are good players at this level, suffering from lack of form and lack of confidence.

What I meant in terms of his squad being 'destroyed' is, when a new manager comes in he has his own ideas and a lot will change, there is no doubt about that. People keep using Billy Davies as an example against that, but he was already the manager of Nottingham Forest, where he knew most of the players and had already achieved at the club.

Yes I am sure he will sort it out. We are in a bit of a mess at the minute (which is actually a complement to him because of ous being in our highest league position in four years) but I do have belief in him, I have to, in a way. I base my optimism on the face that he is our best manager since Adams. We have some very tough games coming up, we have to get behind him and his team (as we do).

First of all, I doubt what Martin O'Neill achieved will ever be done again at this club. I used his statment as a quote, which I tend to agree with.

I see the team as young, yeah. You're comparing us to Derby who have a very young squad. I also think, looking at some of our players' abilities, we have a decent team. Our squad in total might not offer quality in depth, but we have players that are good players at this level, suffering from lack of form and lack of confidence.

What I meant in terms of his squad being 'destroyed' is, when a new manager comes in he has his own ideas and a lot will change, there is no doubt about that. People keep using Billy Davies as an example against that, but he was already the manager of Nottingham Forest, where he knew most of the players and had already achieved at the club.

Yes I am sure he will sort it out. We are in a bit of a mess at the minute (which is actually a complement to him because of ous being in our highest league position in four years) but I do have belief in him, I have to, in a way. I base my optimism on the face that he is our best manager since Adams. We have some very tough games coming up, we have to get behind him and his team (as we do).

The Nottingham forest squad changed considerably when Davies was away, probably similar to the lcfc squad that Pearson took back on when he came back.

Also, hollowhead has hardly destroyed palace (yet), in fact he's probably moved them forward... Steve Bruce the same at hull....

If they do decide to get rid, they need to have a replacement lined up.

Last thing we need right now is limbo land again, the available list of managers is hardly inspiring, so would need to be someone in work imo.

I think we have left it too late to replace him and it save us, so i hope pearson can drag us over the line. My confidence in him has seriously depleted, same old crap.

I have the feeling (based on nothing concrete) that the owners wanted quick success and brought in Sven to spend the cash and deliver it .

They soon realised that it was a failure, and decided not to throw more huge cash sums around.

Pearson was brought in with the faint hope of turning things around in the shorter term , but with the main eye on longer term development of the team through the purchase of younger talent . (IMO the best way to achieve success )

Personally I think we are still heading in the right direction with this plan “if†this was the owners intent and if they can show the patience that is always required in slow cooked team building .

Get rid now provided we have a replacement lined up I would certainly, yesterday was an inept performance against a team who were absolutely shit I kid you not it was beyond terrible even if were in the playoffs come the end of the season that type of football won't get you promotion what ever happened to that free flowing football was that all a dream?

The very fact that we are having a poll in the first place tells you that all is not well. Ok it's a bit of fun and a good talking issue , but the owners will I'm sure get rid of him sooner or later. He is clearly not the future for this club and the owners must know that . If he can't manage successfully at this level how could he do it in the Prem ? plus he has got a Badger face.

The very fact that we are having a poll in the first place tells you that all is not well. Ok it's a bit of fun and a good talking issue , but the owners will I'm sure get rid of him sooner or later. He is clearly not the future for this club and the owners must know that . If he can't manage successfully at this level how could he do it in the Prem ? plus he has got a Badger face.

lol

did you come home early one day to find those big 80s trainers by your front door and nige upstairs smashing your wife and daughter or something?

The Nottingham forest squad changed considerably when Davies was away, probably similar to the lcfc squad that Pearson took back on when he came back.

Also, hollowhead has hardly destroyed palace (yet), in fact he's probably moved them forward... Steve Bruce the same at hull....

Even if the Forest squad has changed abit, Davies still knows the club inside-out, all the way from the youth team up to the first team. Holloway took over a side that were top of the league and easily the best team in the division, they are now in the play offs, but have started to play well again after a blip. Steve Bruce joined in the summer so I can't really compare.

Inept totally F!cking inept.

1) Wellens

2) Formation

3) Tactics

4) Man management

5) Gay white trainers

6) Wellens

Our best player yesteray.

agreed.

If he survives this 2 week break then he'll survive the rest of the season I reckon, we would need someone to make an immediate impact. Either way he's a goner a la Nigel Adkins as there's no way he would keep us in the top flight even if we did secure promotion.

Been a big supporter of Pearson, especially how he has made so many changes within the squad within a relatively short space of time and put us on a much better footing for the future by investing in younger players. Some of the football we were playing earlier on in the season was among the best I've seen in years.

But therein lies the problem - what the last few weeks have shown is that when Peason's under pressure, he turns to functionalism and conservatism. It's those tactics that have really cost us in the past few weeks, as shown by yesterday's game. Derby were one of the few teams who've had a worse time of things than us recenty so they were there for the taking. Instead, he used the same tactics that were appropriate for the Cardiff game but not for this one. Worse still, he drops by many accounts our best performer for Konchesky, who was terrible yesterday. Our tactics gave Derby a lot of confidence, with Ward and Coutts able to exploit the space on the wings are we were too narrow. Rather than pass the ball forward, all our midfiled did was pass it side to side, presenting no threat or creativity.

We got into the top 2 by playing attacking football - I'd rather us take it to opposition and go all out attack, potentially losing by a bigger margin but more importantly giving ourselves the best chance of winning the game rather than keep losing by the odd goal. The solid, try to nick a goal with a moment of inspiration tactics aren't working - hopefully, guven what he said in his post-match interview, he changes his ways.

Before Derby, I was keen for him to stay but wouldn't be against him leaving now if there was a suitable replacement who could come in immediately to make an impact.

I certainly don't want to see him leave, but if we are going to sack him this season, it'd have to be now and get someone else in ASAP to spend some time with the squad before our final games. It would still be a stupid time in the season to get rid but if we were to do this in a couple of weeks should we lose to Millwall like some have suggested, that would be stupidity beyond belief!

I'm really hoping that we can turn this form around and that yesterday was the result of playing every Saturday & Tuesday for the last few weeks and things will look much better in a couple of weeks time.

Either way, if we do get rid of NP, who has done a good job on the whole since his return IMO (especially with the way the club was being run before he came), I really do fear for the future of the club. I'd be happy to keep Nigel even if we don't get promoted. He's never failed to improve us over the course of a season when he's had his team and I'm sure that we'll be a good side again overall next season if we keep him and make 1 or 2 positive additions.

I understand that, but these people who sit behind their keyboards and say we need time get my goat! Fans are spending good money on an expensively assembled team and deserve more. It's not right to say we need to wait. Tell that to supporters who go to Cardiff on a Tuesday night, or follow the team to derby on a Saturday when it's on the TV.

So do the fans of every other club. They all pay hefty sums to watch their team, so surely they all deserve promotion too? We're no different from anyone else.

And by the way, I was one of those fans at Cardiff and got back at 2:30 in the morning and I still have the patience to say "Pearson should stay." It's frustrating but you can't feel 'entitled' to success simply because you put in a lot of effort to watch the team - it doesn't work like that.

Archived