Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Time for a Poll. Would you keep Pearson or get rid?

Pearson.. Keep or Sack?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sack him?

• Sack him now.. We have to get someone new in to stop the rot!
    • No point panicking! we can still do it! Got to keep our nerve!!
    • Sack him if we Don't get promoted at the end of the season!
    • Sack him even if we DO get promoted! His tactics won't cut it in the premier league...
    • Keep him even if we don't get promoted.
    • Only sack him if we don't reach the play-offs

Even if the Forest squad has changed abit, Davies still knows the club inside-out, all the way from the youth team up to the first team. Holloway took over a side that were top of the league and easily the best team in the division, they are now in the play offs, but have started to play well again after a blip. Steve Bruce joined in the summer so I can't really compare.

And NP doesn't know LCFC inside out? He's only spent 3 1/2 seasons at the club in 2 shifts......

I don't see the point in sacking one of our best manager in the club's entire history.

I'd rather sack some of our retard fans who think that sacking a manager is the answer to all problems - these quick fixes hardly ever work out. In most cases, the new guy is then being replaced by just another gun for hire. And the vicious circle has just found another thankless victim.

There'll never be consistency if you don't keep the same people at the same helm for more than just two seasons. This is more a time for a fraction of our fanbase to reconsider the whole self-inflicted promotion myth wound. Get real, this is a tough division to get out, no matter what amount of money you spend. We have a rather young and still inexperienced squad in this league insofar as we've been keeping adding new names to the starting eleven on a rather regular basis. You're bound to shake the previously established routines with those interferences anyway.

All managers go through bad patches, this is Pearson's own "nightmare period".

The honeymoon is over, but I do still like Pearson (mostly) - it's entirely up to him to learn from the employment of poor tactics, poor excuses towards the media (and the fans indirectly) as well as poor half-time talks.

I consider him to be smart enough to work on it. Unless he's deliberately sabotaging the whole affair (and a likely finish in the playoff places) himself.

I don't see the point in sacking one of our best manager in the club's entire history.

I'd rather sack some of our retard fans who think that sacking a manager is the answer to all problems - these quick fixes hardly ever work out. In most cases, the new guy is then being replaced by just another gun for hire. And the vicious circle has just found another thankless victim.

There'll never be consistency if you don't keep the same people at the same helm for more than just two seasons. This is more a time for a fraction of our fanbase to reconsider the whole self-inflicted promotion myth wound. Get real, this is a tough division to get out, no matter what amount of money you spend. We have a rather young and still inexperienced squad in this league insofar as we've been keeping adding new names to the starting eleven on a rather regular basis. You're bound to shake the previously established routines with those interferences anyway.

All managers go through bad patches, this is Pearson's own "nightmare period".

The honeymoon is over, but I do still like Pearson (mostly) - it's entirely up to him to learn from the employment of poor tactics, poor excuses towards the media (and the fans indirectly) as well as poor half-time talks.

I consider him to be smart enough to work on it. Unless he's deliberately sabotaging the whole affair (and a likely finish in the playoff places) himself.

Hold on..

So you want to keep a bloke who's paid a million quid a season but who can't:

Employ good tactics

Avoid using excuses with the media

Give a good half time team talk

Endear himself to the fans.......

Christ mate, you must be easily pleased then...

lol

:P

Hold on..

Employ good tactics

lol

Im all for showing a bit of patience but i think this sums it up nicely Col lol

He's shown he can build a team capable of chasing promotion. Yes, the wheels have come off, but what does starting from scratch achieve? He will have an idea of the mistakes that have been made, he clearly has an eye for a player, I would like to see us build on what we have rather than tearing everything down and starting all over.

It's a young team, young teams are inconsistent. If a plant doesn't bear fruit, you don't pull it up, you let it regrow the next year and try to nurture it better.

Who?? lolThe guy who describes fans as having "delusions of grandeur", can only get on with about 50% of players and can't stand having to make nice with the plebs in the media???? lol Pearson level headed, come off it mate.

From my point of view, he was right. And still is. The recent polls and threads show it quite clearly.

But tell me, where do you get this "does only get on with about 50% of players" bit from? Are you an insider? Do you talk to the players on a regular basis?

You sure their opinions are all fair and square and completely unbiased? You sure they'd never say something even if it was their fault if the team failed?

There's little level-headed managers in this football world, some are simple guns for hire, some are complete clowns, others are arrogant tosspots and some are clearly aware of the fact that they're usually living with the sacking orders just around the corner every single day.

Hold on..

Employ good tactics

lol

All four of those points are fairly meaningless if we're performing well in the competitions we're playing in. Sorry if that's a bit blunt but there are certain things we shouldn't be assessing our manager on.

We should be judging him on how we're doing in the league not whether fans appreciate what he says in his interviews.

All four of those points are fairly meaningless if we're performing well in the competitions we're playing in. Sorry if that's a bit blunt but there are certain things we shouldn't be assessing our manager on.

We should be judging him on how we're doing in the league not whether fans appreciate what he says in his interviews.

What, you mean like both of the cups?

I don't see the point in sacking one of our best manager in the clubs history

Err hold on a minute.. always been a Pearson fan and have voted to keep him even if not promoted, but one of the best managers in our history? He's not achieved anything significant for us at all.. yet.

He's shown he can build a team capable of chasing promotion. Yes, the wheels have come off, but what does starting from scratch achieve? He will have an idea of the mistakes that have been made, he clearly has an eye for a player, I would like to see us build on what we have rather than tearing everything down and starting all over.

It's a young team, young teams are inconsistent. If a plant doesn't bear fruit, you don't pull it up, you let it regrow the next year and try to nurture it better.

I concur =D

Err hold on a minute.. always been a Pearson fan and have voted to keep him even if not promoted, but one of the best managers in our history? He's not achieved anything significant for us at all.. yet.

Relatively speaking, he has. But in absolute terms, you're right. It took Matt Gillies three years to get anywhere near a runners-up spot and six years for his first real trophy. And O'Neill's success was a one-and-only, a real treat compared to the people that were managing this club before him (and all the flops that followed since, bar Adams, Pearson - and Eriksson to a certain extent - probably). You'll get this kind of combination and timing right maybe once in a lifetime.

I've seen all the poor recent figures in the four years before Pearson and after his first stint with us and Mandaric as well as the new consortium really struggled to find a more than decent solution/replacement.

I do believe the current owners will show more patience this time around.

Hold on..

Employ good tactics

lol

I seldom agree with Col, but nail on head here, nail on head.

Relatively speaking, he has. But in absolute terms, you're right. It took Matt Gillies three years to get anywhere near a runners-up spot and six years for his first real trophy. And O'Neill's success was a one-and-only, a real treat compared to the people that were managing this club before him (and all the flops that followed since, bar Adams, Pearson - and Eriksson to a certain extent - probably). You'll get this kind of combination and timing right maybe once in a lifetime.

I've seen all the poor recent figures in the four years before Pearson and after his first stint with us and Mandaric as well as the new consortium really struggled to find a more than decent solution/replacement.

I do believe the current owners will show more patience this time around.

You really need a bigger frame of reference then.

What do you do if it turns out to be a weed ?

What, you mean like both of the cups?

Well yes they were disappointing I must admit. :blush: But I'm happy with the occasional quarter final. Anyway, the league is the main thing and I think we're okay at the moment. Although my opinion on that may change in a few weeks time. :/

I don't know whether its the Manager that needs sacking, or players need dropping, or something else, but something fundamental has to change. We continue to pursue a dramatic change of fortune but do so by changing nothing - tactics, players, formation. etc. I believe we are better than we are showing at the moment but tbe leadership skills required to turn things around are not evident. Bland responses calling for calm or faith and patience won't change anything or please anyone. Shake the fecker up a bit.

As long as there's games to play and we are where we are we gotta keep the faith and hope he turns it around. It would do us no good sacking him now, although Forest fans will disagree ! If he doesn't make it this season then i'm 50/50 about keeping him next season. I like the guy and he's done a solid job, and there's no manager as honest as he is. But at the end of the day, we need to get into the PL soon and if he can't deliver this season after the spot we were in, maybe it would be the time to replace him in the summer.

Archived