Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lovelcfc

millwall pre match talk

By who? Rob Hulse? Danny N'Guessan? Nathan Tyson? Yeah, I'm sure Morgan, Keane, Schmeichal et al are shitting their pants over that potent strikeforce.

Millwall will be tough to break down for sure, but let's not pretend that they're some amazing attack force who are going to put us to the sword - they'll play their usual spoiling game and try desperately to hit us on the break or against the run of play. Our team is vastly, vastly superior to theirs and it will be our own fault if we don't win on Friday.

yeah cos all the other games of recent have not been important .. what you on about

http://www.lcfc.com/...all-737847.aspx

City manager Nigel Pearson wants to see his side return from the international break with a bang when they take on Millwall in the npower Championship at King Power Stadium on Friday night.

A string of frustrating results have seen The Foxes struggle to reach the sort of form that saw them reach the heights of second in January, and the manager is targeting three points and a performance against Kenny Jackett’s Lions.

With Sean St. Ledger, Chris Wood, Kasper Schmeichel and Andy King all returning from international duty with their respective nations, City are in good shape going into the fixture, and were further boosted by the return to fitness of Ritche De Laet and Matty James.

Pearson revealed: “They will be available for Friday’s game, and that’s important to us. I think we’ve got more or less a fully fit squad and we hope that all the internationals come back in good spirits. I think they’ll be important for us as well.

“It’s effectively an eight-game season now. We’ve had spells that we’ve been in a strong position, but we’ve unfortunately now got ourselves into a position where we’ve got to make some serious inroads.

“And first thing is first, Friday’s game is pivotal. We want to make sure that we can finish the season strongly. What that means in terms of where we can finish, the minimum has to be the play-offs, of course.

“We’ve got an awful long way to go yet, but first and foremost we want to get back to winning ways and that means putting in a good performance on Friday.â€

Those that weren’t away on international duty travelled with the squad to Portugal for a well-timed warm weather training camp for four days, and it’s something that the manager feels was particularly beneficial after the defeat to Derby last time out.

He added: “I think we’ve got to be able to play our football in a pressure situation, and I think that was the most disappointing thing when we played against Derby – we ended up playing a style of football that doesn’t really suit us.

“We had a few days to recharge, got some decent sessions in as well so all in all it was an important exercise. I think I said after Derby it was important to recharge and it was an opportunity for us all to have a bit of a chat and get some decent training in, as the weather certainly hasn’t been conducive to that over here. I think it worked well.

“It’s a chance for us now to get back to playing football with a bit more clarity of mind. The players have worked very hard this season so far. We’ve had a difficult spell and it’s important that we go into the last run of games fit in body and in mind.â€

Yeah drinking sessions more like, Pearson has turned to the booze to drown his sorrows cos he doesn't have a clue!!! Pearson out!!

The interesting part of the article to me was that the playoffs are the "minimum expectation" which seems that the pressure is on NP to deliver the goods this season otherwise he is pretty much gone I imagine.

Looks like Gary Newbon in a Charlton coat lol

Reed's spell at Charlton became infamous, as the media attacked him frequently, nicknaming him "Les Misérables" and "Santa Clueless",[8] and he was later voted in an unofficial online poll "the worst manager of all time". He was replaced as manager by Alan Pardew on 24 December, leaving Charlton Athletic by mutual consent.

:P:P :P

No point in getting rid of Big Nige now Adkins has gone to reading buddy, there's no other decent replacements out there?

Gotta agree with ya, Adkins would have been an excellent replacement for if Pearson had left, but now there's nobody. Di Canio i did suggest months ago, but i'm not so sure now. Might aswell keep Pearson still the summer and if we don't get promoted. Then we should look elsewhere. Nobody dare say MCLEISH!

I'm going to say 1-0 Foxes :thumbup:

Gotta agree with ya, Adkins would have been an excellent replacement for if Pearson had left, but now there's nobody. Di Canio i did suggest months ago, but i'm not so sure now. Might aswell keep Pearson still the summer and if we don't get promoted. Then we should look elsewhere. Nobody dare say MCLEISH!

I'm going to say 1-0 Foxes :thumbup:

Di Matteo?

How many times do people have to be told that they are seriously deluded if they think Di Matteo will accept a Championship job as his next one...

I think if the owners wanted him they could probably get him in but it wouldn't be cheap.. think he'd do a good job too. Just my opinion of course

I think if the owners wanted him they could probably get him in but it wouldn't be cheap.. think he'd do a good job too. Just my opinion of course

Since winning the Champions League (!) last May, he has been linked with jobs at Valencia, Anzhi and Schalke, amongst others I'm sure. Why would he then decide to come to a club that hasn't been in the top flight for ten years, with a history of sacking managers, and fans who start to hound out the manager from the first time the opposing team has a shot on target before us.

Since winning the Champions League (!) last May, he has been linked with jobs at Valencia, Anzhi and Schalke, amongst others I'm sure. Why would he then decide to come to a club that hasn't been in the top flight for ten years, with a history of sacking managers, and fans who start to hound out the manager from the first time the opposing team has a shot on target before us.

ever heard of, a challenge?

Archived