Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe_Whittaker

Am I the only fan who wants Pearson to stay?

I seem to be the only person at least in my group of friends who actually rates Nige and the work he's done for us. I agree this massive dip in form is not acceptable and I too am wondering how this has all happened, but I think sacking him is the wrong decision!

It's been a tough old year really, having to abide to all this fair play nonsense that's coming in so having to get rid of a good bulk of our high earners and near enough re build a team in a summer cannot have been easy? Although why he got rid of Danns I will never know!

I do honestly believe if we sack him and don't give him a proper chance we'll be making a big mistake. Not to mention to square one yet again of "Oh let's give another scrub 2 years to do it and falter after 3/4 of a year". As said in the paper Nige has built the foundations for a good solid team. I believe in the summer when we finally get rid of donkeys such as - Waghorn, sorry to say it King, Wellens & Gally that we can get some hungry players like Wood and Keane and build a proper footballing side.

C'mon who honestly really 100% reckons that with that squad as a base that we can stay in the Prem? I don't at all think it'll be 03/04 all over again!

Apologies for the rant but even if he is boring and tactically not the best. He recruits some damn good players and will get us back to winning ways again. Although, if he was to get sacked who would you all want to replace him? Personally I'm with Di Matteo but I highly doubt that'll happen after last seasons success.

What do you class as a 'proper chance'? He has already built ' his' team and the "donkeys" you mention were all signed by him, wellens, gally and waghorn.... He could have got rid of all 3 last year but kept them as part of his team????

I just don't get it.

He only had Waghorn on loan. Sousa signed him.

Andy King is still one of our best players. It's a crime we're not getting the best from him.

This is because we are trying to play him in 1 position but with two roles, everybody wants him to be an attacking CM but when we play 442 he has two hold back. The only way hr will get back to he was is with a formation like 433 with him at the head of the midfield diamond or 352 wit him behind the 2 strikers. Tbh, i think 352 would suit us with schlupp and de leat wing backs, with drinky aand james holding then king attacking. Would work a treat imo, we have the players to do it.

You are starting to become part of a decreasing majority who feel that because Nigel got us promoted four seassons ago and to the play offs the season after that he deserves Moyes like loyalty from board and fans alike.

The recent results do not support anything that you claim though, there appears to have been little progress from even his own playoff side. By far the most worrying aspect of the past three Nige seasons has been his seeming lack of ability to get the best out of players ( other than Wes Morgan) with bright sparks like Knocky, Wood, Nugent, Marshall all looking shadows of the players we know they can be. This is shaping up like a fourth failure in as many seasons to get out of this division for him and so it will probably be curtains if he misses out again - the results don't lie and with the worst run for many a year under his belt it will take something of a miracle to keep him here.

Last night, despite the miserable result, was refreshing in that the silent majority that want Pearson to stay came out of the attic and rallied around the team and manager during what is, let's face it, a shocking patch. Maybe it's the siege mentality from the red card, maybe it's the knowledge that his job is probably now hanging by a thread, maybe it's the fact that the players gave it everything last night - De Laet in particular was absolutely shattered by the final whistle in his first game back from injury - or maybe it's the horrible thought of what further disruption sacking the manager and upheaving the whole club would bring, but last night made me even surer that I want Pearson to stay.

I agree with some of the previous posts that stated NP deserves some loyalty to be showm to him. It is so hard and very baffling to watch the performances that have been put in recently and some of the very weird decisions made by NP over players that are given a chance and those that aren't.

I also found it worrying that St Ledger has gone out on loan and yet defensively we are lacking!

Felt sorry for De Laet, as he appeared to give evrything last night - except for clearing the ball into the box that lead to the goal, but it was a spirited performance.

Don't know what has happened to Wood and too many Leicester players last night were below average. It is all very sad x

Even the most ardent Pearson fan would be hard pushed to back him at the moment. It seems unbelievable that this is the same team that destroyed teams as much as a couple of months ago. Not enough leaders on the pitch, too many that are not prepared to go to war when needed. We need inspiration from somewhere at the moment and that does not seem to be forthcoming. As it stands we need a major turn around in form to even make the play offs. Think all of this stems from Pearson wanting yes men in the team and his lack of ability to handle an ego.

I like Pearson but he's really given the owners no option at all but to sack him. Last night was a prime example of whats wrong with NP. Even with 10 we should have won but instead of playing to their weakness, we played to their strength and once again pumped long balls to Nuge and Wood. With the ball on the deck and quick passing, we'd have carved them open.

NP is a good manager and he'll probably prove it somewhere else but for now, he's overseen the most catastrophic run of results and has shown no sign that he can pull us out of it.

He is the only man for the job.

Why?

There are better managers than NP out their who are available imo, why risk keeping him any longer I appreciate what he did in the past but the clubs expectations are higher now for us our club not achieving automatic promotion is a failure given our resources.

I do too, need stability.

Strengthen the squad and try again, rather than sacking pearson, and building a new squad every season, and in all honesty. I think the owners will keep him, they've obviously had talks about what's happening and surely they know sacking him will do no good

Pearson should undoubtedly stay until the end of the season.

For me, whether he stays for next season or not will depend on how he handles our slump. If he shows he can turn it around and we finish the season strongly, regardless of whether we go up or not, he should stay. If we finish this season in the same manner as our last 10 games, then I will start to fear a 'Tayloresque' collapse and we should probably change manager to avoid a relegation battle next year.

Judging on last night's performance, I think we still have it in us with Pearson to finish strongly.

Lets be realistic they caught us out early with the ball over the top,morgan and knoch had both stepped up in their early match keeness.Also had us in trouble with a neat corner routine which we didnt see coming.

BBC has us 3 shots on target I can recall the header and one shot which means they must have defended what we have to offer pretty well.

The only threat we had was from set plays by Knocky.The manager and his staff havent got us playing well enough at the front,record shows the defence is adequate.

If the owners are going to do anything it must be now other than that keep going till end of season and see if NP can find the answer.If we cannot start scoring than he has to leave.Goals win games.

Archived