Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe_Whittaker

Am I the only fan who wants Pearson to stay?

Why?

There are better managers than NP out their who are available imo, why risk keeping him any longer I appreciate what he did in the past but the clubs expectations are higher now for us our club not achieving automatic promotion is a failure given our resources.

Who? Who are these 'better' managers who are available? Come on, let's hear who you'd realistically bring in.

obviously keep him. the problem with some people is their tiny brains can only view things as a microcosm and can't see the big picture. if you awoke from a coma to find us in the position we are in without knowing anything, most people would at the least be satisfied, possibly reasonably pleased, but viewed in the terms of an admittedly very had run, the knee jerks think he's the worst manager in the history of mankind.

It is like NP has a trance on some of the fans he is nothing more than an average championship manager imo.

We need better if we want to get promotion.

No guarantee that if we sack him we will get a better manager though

Last night, despite the miserable result, was refreshing in that the silent majority that want Pearson to stay came out of the attic and rallied around the team and manager during what is, let's face it, a shocking patch. Maybe it's the siege mentality from the red card, maybe it's the knowledge that his job is probably now hanging by a thread, maybe it's the fact that the players gave it everything last night - De Laet in particular was absolutely shattered by the final whistle in his first game back from injury - or maybe it's the horrible thought of what further disruption sacking the manager and upheaving the whole club would bring, but last night made me even surer that I want Pearson to stay.

The good atmosphere was down to the red card and whatever anyone's views on NP they are still LCFC fans and want us to win.

No, I want him to stay as well.

We are going through a rough period at the minute, but he has taken us forward there is no doubt about that; on and off the field. We were just unlucky yesterday. And sacking him wouldn't get us anywhere apart from back into the position we were before he rejoined.

:pearson:

Who? Who are these 'better' managers who are available? Come on, let's hear who you'd realistically bring in.

Brian McDermott- Got Reading promotion

Mick McCarthy (in a job)- would be the type of manager I would go for experienced and has got teams promoted at this level

Roberto Di Matteo- Got West Brom promotion

Neil Lennon - outsider hasn't managed at this level before but imo he could a job for us, but the SPL is championship/league one standard imo.

Owen Coyle- Got Burnley promotion

That is a list of some of the options I would consider who are better than NP imo, some of them realistic options some are not I am aware that some have had poor spells.

Mick McCarthy (in a job)- would be the type of manager I would go for experienced and has got teams promoted at this level

Neil Lennon - outsider hasn't managed at this level before but imo he could a job for us, but the SPL is championship/league one standard imo.

That is a list of some of the options I would consider who are better than NP imo, some of them realistic options some are not I am aware that some have had poor spells.

OUCH.....

On that list RDM is the only choice i'd take over NP ..... and I can't stand NP!!!!

It really makes me laugh , your opinion or mine counts for nothing, would you take any advice off me regarding your investments or mortgage? no. the owners gave pearson a remit when he returned , he took the deal and is falling short. they won't trust him with anymore of THEIR money. he is gone.

Aidy boothroyd once got Watford promoted. Want him too? Paul Jewell? Numerous other shit managers who once got promotion to the prem?

McDermott took a couple of years at Reading to achieve what he did. They stayed with him through periods of poor form and they got there eventually.

Do the same and that's what will happen with Nige here, IMO.

Aidy boothroyd once got Watford promoted. Want him too? Paul Jewell? Numerous other shit managers who once got promotion to the prem?

McDermott took a couple of years at Reading to achieve what he did. They stayed with him through periods of poor form and they got there eventually.

Do the same and that's what will happen with Nige here, IMO.

They were hardly in poor form when he took over at Reading they were 20th in the table led them to a 9th place finish in his first season not bad

The following season led Reading to the playoff final they lost that but still good because they at least reached that something that NFP hasn't even achieved yet

Then finally leads them to the title what a shit manager he is...

NP has proven over his managerial time he his nothing more than an a bog standard championship manager fair enough long term we want to do a Dierby County and wait a couple of years than promotion, building a young team then NP is the man for the job. But come on the expectation of our club is high and rightly so we should be doing better in a piss poor league this season that is what hurts me the most because next season it is going to be harder to go up and I don't feel that NP can deliver the goods but I guess time will tell. :thumbup:

Brian McDermott- Got Reading promotion - Very similar to Pearson, would be another, similar, long-term project.

Mick McCarthy (in a job)- would be the type of manager I would go for experienced and has got teams promoted at this level - Hmmm, as you say, in a job, and I'm not convinced.

Roberto Di Matteo- Got West Brom promotion - Be realistic.

Neil Lennon - outsider hasn't managed at this level before but imo he could a job for us, but the SPL is championship/league one standard imo. - Not better than Nige in my book, fair shout though.

Owen Coyle- Got Burnley promotion - Nah.

Going to be an interesting weekend. Sacked Sven when we were 2 points off the playoffs, that could be the case again by the end of the day.

After losing at home to Millwall and picking up 19 points from 13 games - which is a whole lot better than at the moment

They were hardly in poor form when he took over at Reading they were 20th in the table led them to a 9th place finish in his first season not bad

The following season led Reading to the playoff final they lost that but still good because they at least reached that something that NFP hasn't even achieved yet

Then finally leads them to the title what a shit manager he is...

NP has proven over his managerial time he his nothing more than an a bog standard championship manager fair enough long term we want to do a Dierby County and wait a couple of years than promotion, building a young team then NP is the man for the job. But come on the expectation of our club is high and rightly so we should be doing better in a piss poor league this season that is what hurts me the most because next season it is going to be harder to go up and I don't feel that NP can deliver the goods but I guess time will tell. :thumbup:

I'm not going to look through their results but I'm pretty sure they had similar form to this in their promotion season (granted at an earlier point in the season)

As for Nige 'proven to be a bog standard manager'. What a load of bollocks.

Kept Southampton up

Won promotion back in first season with us and overachieved in getting us top 6

Laid fantastic foundations at Hull whilst Sven was doing the opposite here.

Came back here in very difficult circumstances in terms of having to replace large amounts of the squad and doing it well.

I don't think many managers would have turned us round as quickly as Nige has done. Maybe he's guilty of doing it too quickly and is now paying the price for what a good job he's done.

I hope he stays in the summer, gets rid of numerous players ill list below and strengthen and go again.

SSL, Konch, Danns, Beckford, Gallagher, Wellens. The last 2 should never have been given large contracts by Sven.

He should stay.

He's made errors this season - no question and there are times when his decisions have made me want to punch myself in the face. I think he made a mistake by going into the season with a small squad and I think that's part of the reason why we're on this awful run.

However, IMHO in the grand scheme of things the club is in a much healthier position than when he arrived. We have seen some of the best football LCFC have produced in years at the KP this season. We have one of the youngest and most talented squads in the Champ now too. The potential is there and that's largely down to Pearson's generally good management.

I'm not blind to his flaws by any means. It is clear that there are weaknesses in his management - for me the major concern is the apparent lack of a really effective plan B and that has frustrated me massively this season.

Perhaps where the believers and doubters differ is that I think that (like any other manager in any other industry) he should be given time to show that he has learned from his mistakes. I don't expect the LCFC manager to get it right all the time but I to expect him to learn from his errors. I think he's an intelligent manager and I think he will address those issues next season and that we'll continue to get stronger.

What matters of course is how Top and Pops see the situation but IMHO we shouldn't sack him on the basis of a bad run anymore than he should have been awarded a mammoth contract extension when we were top.

I for one hope he stays. I cannot get my head around the number of our fans that are happy to go through manager after manager after manager.

Where exactly has this got us in the last 9 years? Common sense says if something doesn't work then change it. That something is not sacking the bloody manager every five minutes!

I say give him another season. If we're not up by the end of next season then fair enough, a change is needed. But having the tremendous pressure of promotion-or-die attitude on the team and the manager season after season is not a healthy way to guide a promotion push.

I would be quite happy to see us in the championship for another season if it stopped the ridculous managerial merry-go-round. It's embarassing quite frankly.

He should stay.

He's made errors this season - no question and there are times when his decisions have made me want to punch myself in the face. I think he made a mistake by going into the season with a small squad and I think that's part of the reason why we're on this awful run.

However, IMHO in the grand scheme of things the club is in a much healthier position than when he arrived. We have seen some of the best football LCFC have produced in years at the KP this season. We have one of the youngest and most talented squads in the Champ now too. The potential is there and that's largely down to Pearson's generally good management.

I'm not blind to his flaws by any means. It is clear that there are weaknesses in his management - for me the major concern is the apparent lack of a really effective plan B and that has frustrated me massively this season.

Perhaps where the believers and doubters differ is that I think that (like any other manager in any other industry) he should be given time to show that he has learned from his mistakes. I don't expect the LCFC manager to get it right all the time but I to expect him to learn from his errors. I think he's an intelligent manager and I think he will address those issues next season and that we'll continue to get stronger.

What matters of course is how Top and Pops see the situation but IMHO we shouldn't sack him on the basis of a bad run anymore than he should have been awarded a mammoth contract extension when we were top.

I agree completely, I would say on the point about going into the season with a small squad is quite possibly to do with having a few players who generally haven't featured taking up a big chunk of the wage budget. Because of this he hasn't been able to add maybe 2 or 3 more younger players who would have potentially made us a little stronger in terms of depth.

I'm not going to look through their results but I'm pretty sure they had similar form to this in their promotion season (granted at an earlier point in the season)

As for Nige 'proven to be a bog standard manager'. What a load of bollocks.

Kept Southampton up

Won promotion back in first season with us and overachieved in getting us top 6

Laid fantastic foundations at Hull whilst Sven was doing the opposite here.

Came back here in very difficult circumstances in terms of having to replace large amounts of the squad and doing it well.

I don't think many managers would have turned us round as quickly as Nige has done. Maybe he's guilty of doing it too quickly and is now paying the price for what a good job he's done.

I hope he stays in the summer, gets rid of numerous players ill list below and strengthen and go again.

SSL, Konch, Danns, Beckford, Gallagher, Wellens. The last 2 should never have been given large contracts by Sven.

What do you mean "turned us around".

He had the bulk of last season and yet we were no nearer making the play offs by the end of it, than we had been the previous season under Sven.

Sven was sacked when only 2 points off the play offs, and a Brighton win today will see us 3 points off the play offs tonight.

How is that turning us around!

Make no mistake, if we had won only one game in ten in the middle of the season, rather than towards the end, he would have rightfully been sacked by now.

The only thing keeping him in a job at the moment, is because we are so close to the end of this season.

It`s not just the results that are worrying though, it`s the performances that are even more concerning.

The performances at Derby and at home to Sheffield Wednesday in particular, were every bit as bad as the performance that got Sven the sack against Millwall last season.

He was brought in to get us promoted LAST SEASON, he failed to achieve that goal. If he fails to achieve promotion (and I suspect all of us hope he doesn't) this season too then he will be off. Stability is earned through success, the top six of the second division with a £30m wage bill is not success (remember Hull pay just £18m).

He has, at his disposal, one of the most expensive sides assembled outside the Premiership. Money doesn't guarantee success but it sure as hell demands it.

He undoubtedly deserves praise for returning us, at the first attempt, to the Championship. He did well to achieve a playoff birth but since then, for Hull and us, he's never breached the 70 points barrier. He did produce one of the best 'footballing' sides I've seen in ages BUT he then dismantled what wasn't broken and now he can't put it back together again.

I agree completely, I would say on the point about going into the season with a small squad is quite possibly to do with having a few players who generally haven't featured taking up a big chunk of the wage budget. Because of this he hasn't been able to add maybe 2 or 3 more younger players who would have potentially made us a little stronger in terms of depth.

No, Pearson likes a small squad of yes men!

Any player that challenges him, is sent to train with the kids, until they can be jettisoned to another club!

He was brought in to get us promoted LAST SEASON, he failed to achieve that goal. If he fails to achieve promotion (and I suspect all of us hope he doesn't) this season too then he will be off. Stability is earned through success, the top six of the second division with a £30m wage bill is not success (remember Hull pay just £18m).

He has, at his disposal, one of the most expensive sides assembled outside the Premiership. Money doesn't guarantee success but it sure as hell demands it.

He undoubtedly deserves praise for returning us, at the first attempt, to the Championship. He did well to achieve a playoff birth but since then, for Hull and us, he's never breached the 70 points barrier. He did produce one of the best 'footballing' sides I've seen in ages BUT he then dismantled what wasn't broken and now he can't put it back together again.

Completely agree with this. :thumbup:

Archived