Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe_Whittaker

Am I the only fan who wants Pearson to stay?

What do you mean "turned us around".

He had the bulk of last season and yet we were no nearer making the play offs by the end of it, than we had been the previous season under Sven.

Sven was sacked when only 2 points off the play offs, and a Brighton win today will see us 3 points off the play offs tonight.

How is that turning us around!

Make no mistake, if we had won only one game in ten in the middle of the season, rather than towards the end, he would have rightfully been sacked by now.

The only thing keeping him in a job at the moment, is because we are so close to the end of this season.

It`s not just the results that are worrying though, it`s the performances that are even more concerning.

The performances at Derby and at home to Sheffield Wednesday in particular, were every bit as bad as the performance that got Sven the sack against Millwall last season.

I appreciate the point and putting it as simply as that, you have a point.

But, despite not being clear of 7th as much as we should be and I agree that is a concern there are many more positives now to when Sven was in charge. Without having any facts to prove it, the atmosphere within in the club/ squad was rotten with the team of expensive individuals Sven bought into the club.

Pearson has started the process of clearing them out and many more of them will go in the summer, with us still paying a percentage of their wages until their contract would end I imagine. The squad now is clearly a marked improvement. They have a sell on value for starters. They WILL improve, and if we keep hold of them all and add 2 or 3 signings in the summer for the starting 11 and allow them to grow together then we will get promotion eventually. Our football this season has also been much more entertaining than under sven on a consistent basis, up until recently.

My main criticism is the poor away form we've had, whether that's during generally poor runs or even when we're doing well we can't get a run going away from home. On this point, is it possible to see a league table of home form and away form over the course of the entire season?

Sacking managers has become the norm nowadays, but it's not the healthy response to mistakes in the first instance. I would sooner he was given another season to analyse this one, identify the positives, identify the mistakes, and push on with the young side he has built.

We've done the whole sacking managers thing, there is a plethora of evidence that it gets you ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOWHERE.

Sacking managers has become the norm nowadays, but it's not the healthy response to mistakes in the first instance. I would sooner he was given another season to analyse this one, identify the positives, identify the mistakes, and push on with the young side he has built.

We've done the whole sacking managers thing, there is a plethora of evidence that it gets you ABSOLUTELY ****ING NOWHERE.

This :thumbup:. Finally someone who has the common sense to look back at the last decade and has come to the only logical conclusion.

After losing at home to Millwall and picking up 19 points from 13 games - which is a whole lot better than at the moment

I don't really want Nigel sacked, wont do any good at this point in the season. But if the owners pulled the plug now could we really go mental? Would be more justified than the Sven sacking you are right.

I don't really want Nigel sacked, wont do any good at this point in the season. But if the owners pulled the plug now could we really go mental? Would be more justified than the Sven sacking you are right.

No, I don't think we could go mental if he was sacked now, despite me still being 100% supportive of him. But, there's no way it would be more justifiable than sacking Sven, not a chance.

I can't believe that some think we should keep hold of Pearson even if we don't make the play offs. Why? That would be no progress at all having spent more than £10 million. People need to stop hanging on to his first spell. This is his fourth consecutive attempt at getting out of this league. It looks as though he is going to have failed at each attempt and is looking likely that he will have failed to make the play offs in three of those four years. Hull City are looking favourites for second spot with a squad featuring a number of Pearson signings. Which rather suggests that whilst he can spot a player he isn't much good at managing them or knowing who he needs to sign to complement them on the pitch. He just isn't good enough.

I'd have loved him to do well. I was angry when he left before and delighted when he returned. But he has has the time and resource to challenge for a top two spot here and has fallen well short. The game's up. He is what he is and that's a manager who has found his level.

We've done the whole sacking managers thing, there is a plethora of evidence that it gets you ABSOLUTELY ****ING NOWHERE.

Problem is, you have to admit you made mistakes to learn from them!

I think the problem with modern football is fans play too much FIFA, too much Football Manager and spend too much time reading the papers. People seem to have forgotten the fact that there are 23 other teams in the division, that the manager can't control what's happening on the pitch, can't save the game before the match and reload it to guarantee a win. People are actually that ****ing simple, and noone in here has said anything to suggest otherwise.

Problem is, you have to admit you made mistakes to learn from them!

Does he have to send you a telegraph to prove this, or does it make more sense that himself, Shakespeare and Walsh get together, watch the match DVD and identify them that way? Chalk another point in the simpleton column.

I can't believe that some think we should keep hold of Pearson even if we don't make the play offs. Why? That would be no progress at all having spent more than £10 million. People need to stop hanging on to his first spell. This is his fourth consecutive attempt at getting out of this league. It looks as though he is going to have failed at each attempt and is looking likely that he will have failed to make the play offs in three of those four years. Hull City are looking favourites for second spot with a squad featuring a number of Pearson signings. Which rather suggests that whilst he can spot a player he isn't much good at managing them or knowing who he needs to sign to complement them on the pitch. He just isn't good enough.

I'd have loved him to do well. I was angry when he left before and delighted when he returned. But he has has the time and resource to challenge for a top two spot here and has fallen well short. The game's up. He is what he is and that's a manager who has found his level.

How likely do you think it would be to keep hold of Steve Walsh, if Nige was to leave? We should definitely go all out to keep him in this scenario. I would think it's impossible to question the job this man has done and i'm sure the owners think highly of him.

There are still good candidates out there, by the way. Adkins would have been an outstanding replacement but the following would all be an improvement on Pearson:

Mick McCarthy (my favourite) has won this league twice and kept Wolves up twice having done so.

Neil Warnock has won three promotions from this level, twice automatically, winning it recently with QPR. On the down side he was relegated instantly with Notts County and Sheffield United and was sacked before he had the chance to keep QPR up.

Brian McDermott did an excellent job with Reading, winning the league last year.

All have achieved what Pearson has never come close to achieving. We aren't without options here. Would any of them win promotion immediately? Perhaps not. But then that isn't my issue with Pearson. If I thought he was capable of building a promotion winning team over two or three years I'd be in favour of sticking with him. But he has shown absolutely no sign that he is capable of doing so.

How likely do you think it would be to keep hold of Steve Walsh, if Nige was to leave? We should definitely go all out to keep him in this scenario. I would think it's impossible to question the job this man has done and i'm sure the owners think highly of him.

No chance at all, I should think.

Having read through properly people seem to think there is a causal relationship between sacking managers/instability and not succeeding on the pitch. There isn't. The relationship is between appointing the wrong man and not succeeding on the pitch. They are different things.

There are still good candidates out there, by the way. Adkins would have been an outstanding replacement but the following would all be an improvement on Pearson:

Mick McCarthy (my favourite) has won this league twice and kept Wolves up twice having done so.

Neil Warnock has won three promotions from this level, twice automatically, winning it recently with QPR. On the down side he was relegated instantly with Notts County and Sheffield United and was sacked before he had the chance to keep QPR up.

Brian McDermott did an excellent job with Reading, winning the league last year.

All have achieved what Pearson has never come close to achieving. We aren't without options here. Would any of them win promotion immediately? Perhaps not. But then that isn't my issue with Pearson. If I thought he was capable of building a promotion winning team over two or three years I'd be in favour of sticking with him. But he has shown absolutely no sign that he is capable of doing so.

No thank you. At points in time before I may have considered this as an option but this would be a god awful appointment. I couldn't care less how many times he's been promoted before, it won't happen again.

Our football would go back 10 years. We have a squad that will progress together and are talented footballers. I don't want to be resorting to cheating, time-wasting, dirty, long ball football.

Sven really is unfairly demonised. Sacking him was probably the right decision (although it was stupid of the owners to give him that amount to send then get rid only a quarter of the way into the season) but he never did as badly as we are doing now. Indeed through January and February 2011 we played some of the best football I've ever seen from a City side. He wasn't failing any more than Pearson is doing.

Form was never this bad under Sven

We were never has good for long periods either.

Nigel has actually done some good for us, whether that just ends up being a great foundation to build on time will tell, but Sven did nothing but spend, and waste, money.

No thank you. At points in time before I may have considered this as an option but this would be a god awful appointment. I couldn't care less how many times he's been promoted before, it won't happen again.

Our football would go back 10 years. We have a squad that will progress together and are talented footballers. I don't want to be resorting to cheating, time-wasting, dirty, long ball football.

Why won't it happen again? He only won this division two years ago. The football wouldn't be great (although most fans find winning football entertaining regardless of the brand) and he isn't my top choice but he's better than the midtable second tier manager we have now. We're playing long ball football now and losing with it. There is nothing to suggest this squad will progress as we wish. Them being young doesn't make it so.

I would like Pearson to stay.. untill end of next season, Personally.

but if he does get sacked, Mick McCarthy would be a good shout, Experienced in this league and also does alright in keeping club in the prem.

Why won't it happen again? He only won this division two years ago. The football wouldn't be great (although most fans find winning football entertaining regardless of the brand) and he isn't my top choice but he's better than the midtable second tier manager we have now. We're playing long ball football now and losing with it. There is nothing to suggest this squad will progress as we wish. Them being young doesn't make it so.

Leeds fans can't wait for him to leave at the end of the season and I believe he's retiring anyway (although he has said that at both Palace and QPR too). It would be a backward step for sure, and i'm sure the idea won't be entertained by the owners.

I think we've seen enough from a lot of our players over the course of the season to say they're not a bad bunch, and whilst we need additions and not every one of them will get to the level they could, a lot will. More than good enough on the whole to get out of this division eventually and I think we will next season, if not this.

I seem to be the only person at least in my group of friends who actually rates Nige and the work he's done for us. I agree this massive dip in form is not acceptable and I too am wondering how this has all happened, but I think sacking him is the wrong decision!

It's been a tough old year really, having to abide to all this fair play nonsense that's coming in so having to get rid of a good bulk of our high earners and near enough re build a team in a summer cannot have been easy? Although why he got rid of Danns I will never know!

I believe in the summer when we finally get rid of donkeys such as - Waghorn, sorry to say it King, Wellens & Gally that we can get some hungry players like Wood and Keane and build a proper footballing side.

Firstly I agree that we shouldn't get rid of Pearson, no matter where we finish this season in my opinion. But Danns clearly left because he wasn't good enough. Quite a few Leicester fans seem to think that getting rid of Danns was absolute murder, when in reality his passing was absolute gash. He worked hard, but that was about it. A headless chicken really.

King isn't a donkey. Neither are any of the players you mentioned really. Ade Akinbiyi is a donkey, Junior Lewis is a donkey, fu*k it, I'm a bloody donkey.

The squad we have at the minute is too young. We've missed a dominant central midfielder for years and we seem to have no pace upfront. Vardy has pace but his all round play is nothing more than League One at best.

The club needs stability for once. The last 10 years have been absolute turmoil.

Also, random point but the caller 'Jeff' on the phone in has to be the most infuriating bellend ever. Spoke absolute nonsense. Tosser.

Of course Pearson should stay. Stability, plus the fact that under him we've played fabtastically at times, are the key points. Last night was the biggest heap of bad luck we've had in a long while. Some of the muppets who phoned RL last night calling for his head made me ashamed.

I do think we're overlooking the resources at his disposal. This is not a side thrown together on a shoe string, this is one of the highest earning sides in the league. The owners have backed this club heavily for 3 years now and we look like missing out on 70 points again. Patience costs money, money which we don't have.

I don't know, I like him but the results and performances are going backwards and we are in danger of missing out on sixth, which is criminal for the resources we have.

I think he'll be gone soon anyway.

Archived