Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Barnsley Post Match

I said months ago even through the good run we were riding our luck - the manager is responsible for motivating the players that what hes get paid for 11 Matches is to far without sorting this out! He should have gone weeks ago. Quite simple he does not like flair and only wants players who are average and plod along - manage the flair done dampen it which is what Nigel does all the time. Knockaert has had all the flair knocked out of him as a season ticket holder I have watch how Nigel has reacted to Knockaert when he was playing well and he was never happy.

Bring back Martin.

This is also a timely reminder that you should never go back. Nigel should be a semi-hero to modern day fans of our club. Best we've had since MON. Best fun we've had supporting us since MON. Look at it now. Gonna be sacked after our worst run in about a million years, with fans hating players, players hating fans, and everything just a down right fúcking mess.

Nigel talking on radio now sounds like he's partly removed from reality in a dream zone. A sorry state of affairs I can't see how he can turn the players round in his present mood. Real shame but in this ridiculous season of sackings I wouldnt be surprised that someone else comes in and tries to throw the dice.

This is also a timely reminder that you should never go back. Nigel should be a semi-hero to modern day fans of our club. Best we've had since MON. Best fun we've had supporting us since MON. Look at it now. Gonna be sacked after our worst run in about a million years, with fans hating players, players hating fans, and everything just a down right fúcking mess.

I suppose you're right.

Then again, it was going so well in January :(

The thing is, hypothetically, if O'Neill is the best man for the job, and he does want it, is 'never go back' a good enough reason to turn him down?

We need promotion, if we think a manager can get us promoted, we must have him.

I suppose you're right.

Then again, it was going so well in January :(

The thing is, hypothetically, if O'Neill is the best man for the job, and he does want it, is 'never go back' a good enough reason to turn him down?

We need promotion, if we think a manager can get us promoted, we must have him.

No. Never go back is a nonsense. Pearson has done badly because he is the wrong man for the job, not because he has been here before. Tony Pulis has done alright in his second spell at Stoke. It's a daft cliche with no basis in fact.

What pisses me off is that all this was obvious a year ago- we argued for hours on here about NPs lack of tactical sense, playing crap formations etc etc and all we heard was he needs a close season to bring his own players in..........he was clueless last year and nothing has changed except we're all another year older and one day closer to death

What a shambles. Struggling to make the play offs in a league that is bereft of one decent team. I went to the Peterborough v Cardiff game on Saturday. Cardiff are an average side and yet they are heading towards the premiership. Pearson is to blame - how may of his signings have been a success? Vardy - sorry, but a waste of money on a non-league striker. Marshall - can't take a corner or beat a defender. James and Drinkwater - just because they used to play for Man Utd (so did Wellens!) doesn't make them great players. De Laet can't defend (but he used to play for Man Utd so that's ok then). Why are Gallagher and Wellens still at the club?

Just got back. A few things...

. Dyer offeres nothing. Nothing new there, I knew that, but today was an all time low. Not in the game at all, and I blame him for Keane's own goal because he didn't come to the ball (which they teach you at school).

. Whitbread and Konchesky not good enough. Our left side, along with Dyer, is so weak.

. De Laet cannot defend, but he can attack. Get Moore in at right back.

. Our midfield seem to like passing back a lot. Michael Carrick breaks up play for Manchester United, but he seems to pass forward a lot.

. Wood has no support.

. Schlupp and Moore did more than most of our players.

. Our set pieces are very, very poor.

Today was ridiculous. We were so poor. Something has happened, not sure what. Individually we were not/are not good enough, and more importantly, don't look like a team. We don't have - a Winston Churchill, a Bobby Moore, a John Lennon - a leader.

What pisses me off is that all this was obvious a year ago- we argued for hours on here about NPs lack of tactical sense, playing crap formations etc etc and all we heard was he needs a close season to bring his own players in..........he was clueless last year and nothing has changed except we're all another year older and one day closer to death

What about 3 months ago?

Don't come on here trying to sound all clever, you're not, no one could have forseen this collapse, and no one with a right mind would have thought Pearson wasn't the man for the job in January.

Just my luck for us to go up the day after I get the tumor diagnosis..

Reading your usual optimistic piece of tosh, one could assume we've just been relegated.

lol Pearson's daughter is to blame!

lol Just when you thought you'd heard it all on the moan-in - "I've been told by someone whose kid has been invited to play at Leicester that Chris Wood fell out with Pearson's daughter".

Archived