Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Barnsley Post Match

Pearson is out of his depth. Just look at the managers of the sides currently in the play off positions. They have all achieved so much more than our dear boss. Once he gets the boot here, his next role will be lower Championship or League One

Really can't see us making play offs now,Brighton away will be very difficult to get anything and that would leave us too much to do I reckon.Pearson will definitely go if we don't make play offs so hate to say it but he may as well go now so new man can come in and get started ready for next season.

Pearson is out of his depth. Just look at the managers of the sides currently in the play off positions. They have all achieved so much more than our dear boss. Once he gets the boot here, his next role will be lower Championship or League One

Zola hasn't as a manager. Holloway got Blackpool promoted, beating the team we lost to in the semi-final's.

Really? What have Mackay, Zola and Poyet achieved then?

After being blocked from posting for three hours, Foxestalk have finally let me off the naughty step.

Our form is just ridiculous, worst form in the league, 3 goals in 630 mins of football and 1 win in 2 months and 1 day.

We are currently the worst side in this division, Pearson has lost the team, and the players have lost their quality.

Don't care how many games are left, but it's time for him to go, can't stand the same shit any longer.

lol

Why the Fook do you keep getting blocked!!

Christ, a flaming bloodbath on here tonight........ lol

What I can not understand is the surprise and sudden outrage shown by so many posters. Our recent run is the logical conclusion of a series of inept management decisions that has drained the life, the energy and the confidence from what was, back in October, a very promising young side.

I have said from day one, that Pearson was not fit to manage our club, and taken the flack for it. Time for some of you to admit that I and others were right all along.

No one would be more pleased than myself to have been proved wrong, but it was never going to happen. I want us back in the Premiership.

He must be sacked now, as he has no idea what he is doing, and clueless as to what what he should be doing. I think he has lost his players confidence in him. Those players should have been doing better than they have, and must carry much of the blame. The bottom line though, that it is the manager who has the overall responsibility ,and Pearson has to carry the can for this, and rightly so.

Sorry you Pearson lovers, but I suspect your hero will be getting the big boot.

You were not right all along. Pearson took us from League 1 to the play-off and then back to the top 2 in his second spell. He's the best manager we've had for a decade, since MON in my opinion. He took Hull to a great position too, so clearly he has the pedigree.

NFP isn't my 'hero', but I respect his management and will sorely miss him once he's gone, whenever that is.

I said it in the match thread, but you boo boys are killing this club for me. I'd love us to hire McDermott and get relegated at this point, just so I could stick two fingers up at you lot.

I have said from day one, that Pearson was not fit to manage our club, and taken the flack for it. Time for some of you to admit that I and others were right all along.

No one would be more pleased than myself to have been proved wrong, but it was never going to happen. I want us back in the Premiership.

He must be sacked now, as he has no idea what he is doing, and clueless as to what what he should be doing. I think he has lost his players confidence in him. Those players should have been doing better than they have, and must carry much of the blame. The bottom line though, that it is the manager who has the overall responsibility ,and Pearson has to carry the can for this, and rightly so.

Sorry you Pearson lovers, but I suspect your hero will be getting the big boot.

Not saying Pearson should stay, but did you say that when we were top in October, or 2nd at the end of January?

lol

Why the Fook do you keep getting blocked!!

Because I laughed when they scored, because the radio said it was O'Grady who scored the first goal, and I said bet on him to score the first goal at 7/1

Then I said there's only one Craig Levein.

Pearson started today's game with major weaknesses we shouldn't have had and a team that was never going to have the fluency to restore our confidence. There was no need - he didn't have be so ridiculously blinkered. I've no sympathy for him.

He seems to have totally ignored the problems in our side and rectified nothing.

For weeks now it's been explained with emphasis why we've been playing so poorly and like such untutored and ineffective novices. But has he ever had the humility to listen or the sense to learn? Not that I've noticed.

In fact supposedly tough Pearson has floated so far out of his depth it's hardly worth launching the lifeboat anymore.

It's been plain to everyone but the blind that we've virtually no chance of recovering our momentum this season without a change of manager and a change of philosophy but my lasting concern is the seemingly miserable list of managerial alternatives.

It's so bad I'm not sure i'd bother with a manager for the rest of the season but simply give Beaglehole free rein. Not Beaglehole and Stowell or anyone else. Just Beaglehole.

And hope that he plays the attacking football he seems to believe in with the intensity and intent necessary to revive our season and give us a chance.

Not that I'd be especially confident. The last time he and Stowell were briefly in charge of the first team you could hardly say we took the brakes off let alone excited anyone, and we've even underperformed in Under 18 football too often when it's mattered.

But who else knows the players well enough to take temporary charge or has the philosophy to make the dramatic difference necessary?

It's a massive ask and I don't see any obvious "superheroes" waiting in the wings.

Right i've had time to go and compose myself, whilst I cannot stand up for Pearson and all the critisism he is getting is valid, people need to look at the players too, they have to take their share of blame.

If they have fell out with Pearson or Pearson has lost the dressing room, The players dont go out to lose do they? They don't go out to play poorly do they?

Especially not when they have/had a great chance of promotion, they're not going to throw that away surely? Not when we were playing so well to go suddenly to so bad, even if they have fell out with Pearson why throw it away?

Why make themselves look bad by losing, playing bad and dropping down the league? You could say its to get back at Pearson, get rid of Pearson, but really? When they had a great chance of promotion? Would they really risk that?

I think the players have alot of questions to ask and need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

Also, If Pearson were sacked who out there is better? Think about it.

McDermott - Maybe, He has got promotion from this league, that about all he's got going for him really, I wouldn't say he was really nailed on better than Pearson.

Di Matteo - Can't see him doing a job here.

MON - Don't think he'd do the job and he'd tarnish his good reputation here.

Whether Pearson is sacked or not it is a gamble. Personally I think if he was sacked we'd get another manager in and we'd be having this discussion again in 12 months time (Or less).

I reckon give Pearson another year. My problem is with that players.

Most City promotion-winning managers have needed 2 seasons or less to prove their capabilities at 2nd-tier level. MON only needed 1 (with a team which was largely inherited from previous managers) as did Micky Adams.

Pearson's had the last four seasons (3 with us, 1 with Hull). What makes you think he'd be any more successful next time?

Not that he'll get that opportunity. Today has been a tipping-point which has pushed him past the point of no return.

Right i've had time to go and compose myself, whilst I cannot stand up for Pearson and all the critisism he is getting is valid, people need to look at the players too, they have to take their share of blame.

If they have fell out with Pearson or Pearson has lost the dressing room, The players dont go out to lose do they? They don't go out to play poorly do they?

Especially not when they have/had a great chance of promotion, they're not going to throw that away surely? Not when we were playing so well to go suddenly to so bad, even if they have fell out with Pearson why throw it away?

Why make themselves look bad by losing, playing bad and dropping down the league? You could say its to get back at Pearson, get rid of Pearson, but really? When they had a great chance of promotion? Would they really risk that?

I think the players have alot of questions to ask and need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

Also, If Pearson were sacked who out there is better? Think about it.

McDermott - Maybe, He has got promotion from this league, that about all he's got going for him really, I wouldn't say he was really nailed on better than Pearson.

Di Matteo - Can't see him doing a job here.

MON - Don't think he'd do the job and he'd tarnish his good reputation here.

Whether Pearson is sacked or not it is a gamble. Personally I think if he was sacked we'd get another manager in and we'd be having this discussion again in 12 months time (Or less).

I reckon give Pearson another year. My problem is with that players.

People tend to react this way when they have an overbearing boss, when they work in fear of making mistakes. When they aren't encouraged or praised when they express themselves.

I don't know if he has lost the dressing room or not but when you see your colleagues shipped out on loan or made to train with the juniors time and time again it has to affect you eventually, especially when you are younger.

I don't think the owners can afford the big payoff if they sack him, so will probably have another month of frustration and disappointment, I think we can now officially say the season is over,I for one cannot see a turn around of the current form, so we can all moan, and I have moaned, but I think he is here till the summer

People tend to react this way when they have an overbearing boss, when they work in fear of making mistakes. When they aren't encouraged or praised when they express themselves.

I don't know if he has lost the dressing room or not but when you see your colleagues shipped out on loan or made to train with the juniors time and time again it has to affect you eventually, especially when you are younger.

I'm sorry, but I said this earlier when someone said something similar, certain people must be very weak minded.

If someone slags me off in my work I work harder, I prove them wrong, I suppose I am quite a competitive, strong willed and like proving people wrong, as professional sportsmen you'd think the players would have a similar mind set. Maybe not.

The performance today was poor, Liam Moore, Kasper and Nuge were the only players that showed passion and commitment until Schlupp came on, just do not know what's going on with City at the minute!

The performance today was poor, Liam Moore, Kasper and Nuge were the only players that showed passion and commitment until Schlupp came on, just do not know what's going on with City at the minute!

Nuge??

He was awful. Bottled more 50/50's than I care to remember

Only Kasper, Moore and Schlupp come out of that with any credit

Archived