Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Barnsley Post Match

The fascinating thing with all of this is how quickly it's all changed and how opinion has changed.

When posts were made trying to balance out Pearson's strengths and weaknesses as a manager, only a couple of months ago, there were so many people suggesting that we 'had something against Pearson'.

No, what we were doing was suggesting it was just as stupid to ignore the weaknesses as it was to focus exclusively on them.

Football really is a funny old game. The speed of the decline has surprised even myself.

"a little bit concerning to see my players going through a difficult period"....it is your job to manage them and sort it out Nige!

"we did the basics very badly today"....your job and quite drankly not acceptable as the basics have been wrong for months

Very honest assessment from Nige but it sounds like he just accepts we are playing badly and has no real ideas about how to change them. How can the board really justify giving him another game?

Interesting that the players aren't gonna speak to the media. Pearson stopping them or the players too scared?

The players should be embarrassed with themselves. They need to take a long hard look at themselves and shoulder some of the blame with Pearson. (I can't argue with the criticism people are given Pearson but the players need to take their share of the blame.)

After the start he had I can't believe i'm about to write this but the signing of Chris Wood will have been the biggest mistake Nigel Pearson will have made during his second stint at this football club of ours. Indeed a mistake that I personally believe will cost him his job either this evening or at the end of season. As it is now clear we as a team are shot, and with the run in we have the likelihood of turning it around is practically zilch.

A great shame as I adored Pearson during his first spell and was devastated when we lost him to Hull City. I honestly believed he was the man for us a second time around but as somebody else mentioned on here, his remit was to get us up last season, and if not then, this season for definite. The truth is that currently, in financial terms, we are not even remotely sustainable to remain a Championship club, our overheads are breathtaking and if the owners decide to clear off, we are out of business. Plain and simple.

I personally think it is now best to try and tempt Brian McDermott with a shot at the remaining few games, in order to give him a chance to assess his new squad in a very competitive setting. If he succeeds in getting us in the play-offs then fantastic, and if not, he will have a clear idea of what is wrong with the team and make adjustments in the summer accordingly.

I can't see how any manager could do a worse job than 1 win in 11. Gone beyond the point of no return. For me, get Pearson out of the club, Gerry and Dickov in until the summer, see if we can somehow sneak into the playoffs and whether we do or not reassess in the summer.

what do peple expect hm to do? Cme out and say, oh yes we were shit, now we need to work on ...... and ighoight all of our weaknesses to all the other teams n the league. He genuinly sounds gutted for the players and the fans, he accepts responsibility comes across himan, gives a realistic and honest assessment of the current situation and you still rip shit into him.

There is no excuse for todays poor performance but give the man some credit whe its due.

Can't understand what is going on. Based on the last 12 games we would be bottom of the league. I can't understand the Sean St Ledger decision; Luke Moore or Jeff Schlupp who are the potential future. The players have hidden behind Nigel this year and personally I dont believe they have enough fight in them to turn a game round let a lone a playoff push. I fear it will be as good as over by next weekend unless a miracle happens A horrible Easter - sorry everyone

The players should be embarrassed with themselves. They need to take a long hard look at themselves and shoulder some of the blame with Pearson. (I can't argue with the criticism people are given Pearson but the players need to take their share of the blame.)

If they were fighting for him they'd come out and accept some responsibility.

In fact they'd use phrases like 'we're letting the manager and the fans down'.

Most of them aren't man enough for that.

I agree, Pearson needs to shoulder some of, if not the majority of the blame, but the players have been absolutely useless the last few months, with a few exceptions. I can't work it out, it's just silly.

I can't see how any manager could do a worse job than 1 win in 11. Gone beyond the point of no return. For me, get Pearson out of the club, Gerry and Dickov in until the summer, see if we can somehow sneak into the playoffs and whether we do or not reassess in the summer.

Dickov? lol Looking at his last job he could definitely do worse.

Archived