Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

3 bottles for a fiver instead of 3 bottles for 6 quid. not even a particularly good offer but i was out of beers and it's bloody pay day tomorrow so i wanted something more decent than a san mig or something. 

yeah not for a while though but this thread made me want some the other day and there it was with the big facking yellow on offer sign so went for it. 

Fair deal, costs £2.19 a bottle where I shop and you're looking at a fiver in pubs.

Maredsous Abbaye Triple 10%

Brasserie D'Achouffe Houblon Chouffe 

Brasserie D'Achouffe La Chouffe

De Ranke Guldenberg 8%

Just got given these as a present to be split between 4 of us, can someone who knows beers please tell me which are the best three? (definitely gunna have the La Chouffe (with intent))

These are my fave 4, if I was to go for 3 I would take the Guldenberg out.

yeah i do most my shopping in asda but i went tesco by work today and there was a few interesting looking ales, most on offer too. might go back after work on friday and see what else is knocking about and report back. anything i should definitely buy if it's there and bottled up? 

They have a double IPA brewed by Brewdog in Tesco atm it has Tesco's finest on the label, that will blow you socks off. In Asda get Weihenstphan Kristall if you see it, I got some the other day its great and I've never seen it in a supermarket before. 

Also fao Carl no chance of us getting those beers in supermarkets - maybe one day. Although Tesco did stock Chimay blue at one point.

Also fao Carl no chance of us getting those beers in supermarkets - maybe one day. Although Tesco did stock Chimay blue at one point.

Damn, from some of the things said in here I thought things had progressed from the choice between Hoegaarden or Leffe.

Damn, from some of the things said in here I thought things had progressed from the choice between Hoegaarden or Leffe.

I can get Duvel and Leiffman's for the missus and I in Asda. I've gotten Affligem Tripel from Tesco before now too.

The best was a shop called Booths (like a northern Budgens) that I've only ever seen in the Lake District. They had a fantastic world beer and local ale selection. I got Kwak and La Chouffe off them.

So I've just been to the supermarket to pick up some Houblon Chouffe amongst other things.  While I was there I spotted your famous Tripel Karmeliet so I'm drinking some of that now out of a wine glass.  It tastes a bit like a sweetened Westmalle which is no bad thing, but it has an undercooked-caramel undertone which is dangerously close to sickly that it would benefit from being consumed along with a hearty meal rather than on its own.  I make spicy stews all the time so I'm looking forward to the combination one night.

In the meantime I think it's back to the Chouffe for the singular drinking experience.

I think I had a mini-glass of one as part of a tasting round once, too long ago to really remember it though.  In any case you're not giving me cravings.  It's weird though because I like gueuze which is inherently sweet, but I'm not fond of getting that same tastebud sensation from a blonde. I'm just picky I guess.

Just found out something very interesting because of my palate. Had an m&s Belgian blond beer and couldn't believe how nice it tasted. Tried it again and am sure it tastes familiar. Turns out it's brewed at the same place that does delirium tremens. Wow. So if anyone into beer is near an m&s get one.

Just found out something very interesting because of my palate. Had an m&s Belgian blond beer and couldn't believe how nice it tasted. Tried it again and am sure it tastes familiar. Turns out it's brewed at the same place that does delirium tremens. Wow. So if anyone into beer is near an m&s get one.

It's been a long day. I had to read that about 3 times before I realised you were talking about M&S beer and not M&Ms beer and I was thinking wtf are you on about?!

Niiice, I'll get one of my sisters to grab some on their way over for Christmas.

Archived