Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

What's a good bottle of whiskey/brandy to get someone for Christmas?

Only want to spend around £25.

Tesco are selling Talisker for only £27 quid and Laphroaig for £25, mate.

Talisker - http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=256601916

Laphroaig - http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=285331961

Not a massive drinker of the stuff so don't know how good these are in the grand scheme of things, but I do know that a 70CL bottle of Laphroaig for £25 is very decent in terms of price.

EDIT - Be quick though as those prices are only valid until tomorrow.

At the risk of coming over all Webbo, JD is bourbon.

I'm pretty sure there's a whiskey thread, not that I mean to chase you off, just that you'll find more whiskey chat elsewhere.

If you want a good starter whiskey you can't go much wrong with a simple Jameson.

I'm pretty sure there's a whiskey thread, not that I mean to chase you off, just that you'll find more whiskey chat elsewhere.

If you want a good starter whiskey you can't go much wrong with a simple Jameson.

I thought there was a whiskey thread but I can't search on my phone. I'll have a look for it later.

I haven't got a clue what a good whiskey/brandy is and I've never tried any.

At the risk of coming all over me, JD is a whiskey :thumbup:

Or at least, that's what it's labeled as.

I thought there was a whiskey thread but I can't search on my phone. I'll have a look for it later.

I haven't got a clue what a good whiskey/brandy is and I've never tried any.

As far as whisky (whiskey is the Irish spelling) is concerned, there are so many variations that you can easily find something you like, assuming you like spirits. In my experience, people who say they can't stand whisky have tried Bells or some other crappy blended variety and assumed that that is what all whisky tastes like.

Though I have occasionally drank brandy, I really don't know much about it.

As for the whisky thread, it's http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/63696-whisky/

You'll never get the opportunity to come over me.

Archived