Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

• 1 month later...

New place opened on Allandale road ...    not sure of the name ...  loads and loads of real ales to choose from ...   giant chalk board listing them all on the wall ...   never heard of any of them.

Went there on Friday night and had 'Chimp out the basket' or something called something very similar to that ....   very nice !   Sells crisps and pork scratchings.  Worth a visit.

i went here for a pint before the game on tuesday. the classroom it's called, owned/ran by two former teachers (one's a stoke fan). superb ale all poured straight from the keg at the bar. no pipes or anything to mess shit up, just there and ready. was pretty novel and a tidy pint at a good price too. 

una/loveday/the rest should go if you ent been yet brothers. 

Stoneygate.

Think I may know it. What was the pubs previous name? Off London Rd? 54 bus?

This is from last October. http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Educational-real-ale-micropub-open-Allandale-Road/story-27947869-detail/story.html

Might not be where I was thinking of as it was just a biulding site before.I was thinking of Evington.

The Salmon opens next week. Met the landlord. Decent fella. Last Monday went Firebug after poker with him and others from the Kings. He's moving stuff in atm.

• 2 weeks later...

The Leicester Beer Festival starts 9th March. I have sent my staffing form inhttp://leicester.camra.org.uk/beerfestival/eI can stand 12 hours a day. Who are City playing on the Saturday? 12th I think it is. I will take a break while the game is on.

The cider list is up but not the Real Ales yet.

http://leicester.camra.org.uk/beerfestival/

Going Derby today for the Winter Beer Festival. It is in the Pride Park area and I have my Walkers City shirt on. Cardigan and coat on top though. Most of the beers are plus 5% ABV so I had better watch I don't have too many of the stronger ones.

Going Derby today for the Winter Beer Festival. It is in the Pride Park area and I have my Walkers City shirt on. Cardigan and coat on top though. Most of the beers are plus 5% ABV so I had better watch I don't have too many of the stronger ones.

Cardigan !?!?!     :D

I was at the Derby Fest and a bloke  saw my City shirt. He said I hope they win the league. I asked  if he was from Derby and he said know and showed the Forest bag he was carrying. He said he has some friends who are leicester fans and follow them home and away.

Had some decent beers but the place was packed and very little seating spare. So I came home at 4.

• 2 weeks later...

Few bits for ale LADS

What was the looking glass on brauny gate is becoming a brewery / bar

The chap that runs (?) The western and someone else are moving into an old office on millstone lane and turning it into a micropub

#decent

Kieran or Phil?  I have not heard anything.

It is the Leicester Beer Festival next week. The list is on the CAMRA site. There is also a festival at the Kings Head and The Salmon. John from the Kings is looking after the Salmon for now because the bloke that took it over was a novice and useless. Did not know how to clean the pipes from what I heard.

The manager from the Criterion has been made redundant. I heard that his assistant has been kept on though. He was on a higher wage and the brewery decided they did not need two so got rid of the higher earner.

Kieran or Phil? I have not heard anything.

It is the Leicester Beer Festival next week. The list is on the CAMRA site. There is also a festival at the Kings Head and The Salmon. John from the Kings is looking after the Salmon for now because the bloke that took it over was a novice and useless. Did not know how to clean the pipes from what I heard.

Kieran - it's gonna be called the blue boar.

Salmon hasn't been half as good since the arsenal fan left, don't really see the need for two black country pubs in the city centre to be honest. was hoping blue monkey were gonna get it for something a bit different

Anyone ever sees this, it's bloody lovely.

49.png

Ps @@Unabomber how James BAE was this, hold back the river indeed

Talking to Kieran from the Western today. He said the application for a micro pub on Millstone lane has gon in and waiting for approval from the council. It will be called the Blue Boar, a Richard III connection. He showed me some drawings of his idea for the place. Looks OK. He is a manager ATM and said he would rather own his own place

I expect his assistant Phil (previously of the Pub) will take over the Western. Kieran is hoping the pub will open in June.

Archived