Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Got bought a beer called The Mayan at Christmas, only just got round to trying it.

It's a Chocolate/Chipotle (Smoked Chilli) stout,
22e9b59f-8812-45fd-8e40-7dabd51e65ff.jpg

http://honestbrew.co.uk/shop/ilkley-the-mayan/

It's wasn't for me personally but some of you might be interested, it wasn't awful by any stretch of imagination, i'm just not into Chocolate stout's anyway so it was on to a loser from the start for me.

Got bought a beer called The Mayan at Christmas, only just got round to trying it.

It's a Chocolate/Chipotle (Smoked Chilli) stout,

22e9b59f-8812-45fd-8e40-7dabd51e65ff.jpg

http://honestbrew.co.uk/shop/ilkley-the-mayan/

It's wasn't for me personally but some of you might be interested, it wasn't awful by any stretch of imagination, i'm just not into Chocolate stout's anyway so it was on to a loser from the start for me.

It's nice in moderation, wouldn't want more than a bottle though.

Had a few cans last night, this little number from Magic Rock...

MagicRock-Rapturev2-540x720.jpg

And these two from America. I've had the Ten Fidy before but not the IPA, the IPA is lovely though.

Ten-FIDY.jpg   33176.jpg

Received this Email from TRJFP. Sounds interesting. They pay in beer. Anyone heard of Toast Ale?

We have been approached by Toast Ale who have asked if we can help to toast 300 loafs of bread next Monday & Tuesday for there next brew! 

TOAST ALE

Toast Ale is made to a special Belgian recipe that includes fresh, surplus bread that would otherwise be wasted. It has a malty taste similar to amber ales and wheat beers. All profits go to the charity Feedback to support the fight against food waste, making Toast the best thing since… well, you know

http://www.toastale.com

http://feedbackglobal.org

Feedback is a charity at the heart of why we do what we do: Feedback is an environmental organisation that campaigns to end food waste at every level of the food system. We catalyse action on eliminating food waste globally, working with governments, international institutions, businesses, NGOs, grassroots organisations and the public to change society’s attitude toward wasting food.

If anybody would like to volunteer their toasting skills on Monday 11th & Tuesday 12th April at The West End Centre please let us know before tomorrow night (weds 6th eve) So we can see if it would be viable.

Had a few cans last night, this little number from Magic Rock...

MagicRock-Rapturev2-540x720.jpg

And these two from America. I've had the Ten Fidy before but not the IPA, the IPA is lovely though.

Ten-FIDY.jpg33176.jpg

Dales pale ale is great too if you get the chance. Surprised oskar blues made it so far from Colorado lol

Dales pale ale is great too if you get the chance. Surprised oskar blues made it so far from Colorado lol

I think I saw some Dale's in the same place. I've not been drinking as much pale recently but i'll give it a go.

• 1 month later...

Didn't know where to post this but this  thread has slipped down four pages so have revived it. I also find this amusing and sad as well as it being related to  beer.

I may have mentioned someone I know who likes a pint or two and also has dodgy legs but manages to get from pub to pub over the East Midlands. Leicester-Derby-Sheffield. Well the other week he was rushed to hospital and has been told by either his doctor or at the hospital to reduce his alcohol intake. I think he must have misheard them because according to him his likit is now five pints a day.  I don't know about anyone else but that seems a  lot to set as a limit by a doctor. I can do 5 pints in a session but not every day. Not sure he will manage it though because we can get a pint at the same time and by the time I have sat down he has downed half a pint and is ready for another.

I'd tell them to gradually reduce it; from say like 5 pints for a few weeks, 4 next few weeks etc.

Giving up drinking, especially him apparently being a strong drinker, immediately is not easy - just like trying to pack smoking fags in.

Looks like the Village in Harborough has reopened under its old name the Freemasons. Looks like a decent selection of ales, craft beers, pilsners from a few photos I've seen.

Anyone been yet? Always felt it had a lot of potential if it was 100 yards closer to the centre of town.

Looks like the Village in Harborough has reopened under its old name the Freemasons. Looks like a decent selection of ales, craft beers, pilsners from a few photos I've seen.

Anyone been yet? Always felt it had a lot of potential if it was 100 yards closer to the centre of town.

Never set foot in there but I went to the Beerhouse a while back and thought it was bang on.

Never set foot in there but I went to the Beerhouse a while back and thought it was bang on.

Yeah, decent little pub (not that it looks much like one). Both just the kind of places the town's been crying out for really. Well-run, proper beer pubs.

Has anyone tried any of the Q-Brewery's range?

It's my friends dad's small business. But they are only available to buy in certain shops across Leicestershire. I've only tried a few but would definitely recommend!

Thinking of trying some new ones though, will have a look at what some have recommended

Archived