Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

Looks like the Village in Harborough has reopened under its old name the Freemasons. Looks like a decent selection of ales, craft beers, pilsners from a few photos I've seen.

Anyone been yet? Always felt it had a lot of potential if it was 100 yards closer to the centre of town.

Went there before railing into Leicester yesterday lunchtime. Was decent with a good range of beer and vodka made in Harborough.  lol

Hopefully people get behind it.

There is now a bottle beer called Wasted. Brewed by Northern Monk from Leeds I think. It is made from overipe fruit that is used as part of the sugar and would otherwise be heading for the landfill. I never knew it but it is an idea by the Real Junk Food Project.

It is over 6.5 abv and is said to have an unique taste.

Had some very nice beers in Derby the other week - some great pubs the Alexandra, Tap, Brunswick, Silk Mill, Dolphin (sorry guys). however also had a very good pint of Sunchaser in the Old Horse in Leicester on victory parade day as well as some very decent Draught Bass in the Clarendon, a drop I hadn't had in years.

There is now a bottle beer called Wasted. Brewed by Northern Monk from Leeds I think. It is made from overipe fruit that is used as part of the sugar and would otherwise be heading for the landfill. I never knew it but it is an idea by the Real Junk Food Project.

The description of 'unique taste' shouts of 'horrible to most' to me!

In other related news, I'm currently sat with a pleasant Grimbergen blonde ale enjoying the sun.

Toast Ale is another that uses left over bread. Good stuff apparently.

It was rumours about Sloanes before. I doubt I will go in there. He fell out with me when he was at the Salmon. Misunderstood a comment I made about the place on FB and barred me. It was over two years ago now and I have forgotten exactly what it was.

He could be a funny bugger at times. Gaffer OK at the Salmon now.

There is also a place opening soon on Millstone Lane. Former landlord of the Wester. 

Finally The Kings Head will be closing two to four weeks in September for refurbishment. It's being changed completely. Bar moved entrance moved etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't say I am that impressed.

Same. Not sure if it's trying to get younger drinkers into the brewery, but I can't see it working. Know plenty of lads in their 20s who drink Everards as it is without the need for this.

Think it's to do with a revamp of the tied house branding and promotion

It's ok

Still best ale in these parts by some way

I think Everards is bland as **** personally, tres bien and charnwood are making much more interesting beers.

Had a pint of this in the Craven Arms in Brum the other week and it blew my mind, so good.

2099843_orig.jpg

Archived