Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

The Fans tonight.

Fair play to the bloke at the back of J3 going mad at all the glum looking 16 year olds standing there doing nothing just acting cool with their phones. Our song book at home is becoming painfully small. Seems like only 3 chants repeatedly get an airing now.

Wish I could rep this. Those kids need a kick up the arse.

Them and the songbook make the football unbearable these days.

Thought the ground was far more positive tonight and there was some cracking noise in the second half. A step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned, much better, if it was like that every week it would be one of the best in the league. This is words coming from someone very critical in this department too, so the fans can take a bow tonight, much more like it.

Fair play to the bloke at the back of J3 going mad at all the glum looking 16 year olds standing there doing nothing just acting cool with their phones. Our song book at home is becoming painfully small. Seems like only 3 chants repeatedly get an airing now.

For all I've just credited the noise, I agree entirely with this. All songs that 'require' Jobber too...

I Thought the backing of the fans was exemplary given the form we're in.

I heard one pearson out comment the whole game (from one bloke) and the boos at full time were very short and not from many people.

I can't think that we could be anymore behind the team given the results.

Was in L1 and about lost my voice, we all tried to get behind the team. I didn't boo and i am against it but tonight couldn't exactly blame them, think they were directed more so to the ref and Nugent but it felt like the biggest kick in the nuts ever.

I've always thought this was a red herring. The proverbial chicken and egg.

Our fans, particularly away from home are passionate football followers. I imagine the likes of Dan, Bert and Ted to be the sort of guys who travel home and away and who kinda live for football. And I think their are many more. It's a two-way street.. Give the lads something to cheer about and the fans will cheer them. Sure, some will continue to cheer even though we are losing. Good luck to you.

But I've not for one moment considered this pants run is down to 'lack of support'! No fookin way!

It's ultimately down to a lack of quality and I believe, tactical naivety on the part of the manager.

City fans are and always have been amongst the very best IMO. We are simply fed up of having our hopes raised temporarily, only to then be dashed again.

Our fans, particularly away from home are passionate football followers. I imagine the likes of Dan, Bert and Ted to be the sort of guys who travel home as away and who kinda live for football. And I think their are many more. It's a two-way street.. Give the lads something to cheer about and the fans will cheer them. Sure, some will continue to cheer even though we are losing. Good luck to you.

But I've not for one moment considered this pants run is down to 'lack of support'! No fookin way!

It's ultimately to a lack of quality and I believe, tactical naivety on the part of the manager.

City fans are and always have been amongst the very best IMO. We are simply fed up of having our hopes raised temporarily, only to then be dashed again.

Amongst the best? Our fans at home are utterly dreadful most of the time.

Has anyone actually said the fans are to blame?

Clearly that aren't, but when things are going against you atmosphere like last night can help sometimes!

We were not given much to cheer about but everyone did, and the experience was a much more pleasurable one!

Our fans, particularly away from home are passionate football followers. I imagine the likes of Dan, Bert and Ted to be the sort of guys who travel home and away and who kinda live for football. And I think their are many more. It's a two-way street.. Give the lads something to cheer about and the fans will cheer them. Sure, some will continue to cheer even though we are losing. Good luck to you.

It's ultimately down to a lack of quality and I believe, tactical naivety on the part of the manager.

This very very much this

Amongst the best? Our fans at home are utterly dreadful most of the time.

Has anyone actually said the fans are to blame?

Clearly that aren't, but when things are going against you atmosphere like last night can help sometimes!

We were not given much to cheer about but everyone did, and the experience was a much more pleasurable one!

Can't agree with this.

I remember the League 1 season, paradoxically my favourite season of recent times. I attended most games home and away and, especially away from home, we took some great attendances and had a good laff. King's winner at Scunny sent us all into raptures.

The problem, for me, is too many false dawns. We've had Ollie, Sousa, Sven and now Pearson, all appointed with great expectation of how 'this is going to be it... Finally we have the manager in to get us playing well and to gain promotion'. All have failed and even Pearson will seemingly do so. They've also failed on the back of not an insignificant amount of money being thrown at them, especially in the case of Sven.

So if our fans are impatient (how can 10 seasons out of top flight football really be impatient?) then it's understandable. This is what comes across to me at the KP. We have no more 'bad fans' than any other club do. What we do have are fans yearning for success, the managers having been given the money to gain success, to then only see us capitulate time and time over.

City fans are some of the best. We need for our expectation to show signs of being delivered.

Is this asking too much? Is it Fook....

Can't agree with this.

I remember the League 1 season, paradoxically my favourite season of recent times. I attended most games home and away and, especially away from home, we took some great attendances and had a good laff. King's winner at Scunny sent us all into raptures.

The problem, for me, is too many false dawns. We've had Ollie, Sousa, Sven and now Pearson, all appointed with great expectation of how 'this is going to be it... Finally we have the manager in to get us playing well and to gain promotion'. All have failed and even Pearson will seemingly do so. They've also failed on the back of not an insignificant amount of money being thrown at them, especially in the case of Sven.

So if our fans are impatient (how can 10 seasons out of top flight football really be impatient?) then it's understandable. This is what comes across to me at the KP. We have no more 'bad fans' than any other club do. What we do have are fans yearning for success, the managers having been given the money to gain success, to then only see us capitulate time and time over.

City fans are some of the best. We need for our expectation to show signs of being delivered.

Is this asking too much? Is it Fook....

You highlight away, I said home.

You highlight away, I said home.

I still think at home we've been remarkably patient, and attempted to be supportive.

You've got to remember that this is a run that would have most sets of fans demonstrating against their manager. I'm astonished at the backing he's had throughout this run.

Fans can't be expected to create atmosphere with nothing to cheer about.

I still think at home we've been remarkably patient, and attempted to be supportive.

You've got to remember that this is a run that would have most sets of fans demonstrating against their manager. I'm astonished at the backing he's had throughout this run.

:blink:

What you on about its only been 13 games. That's barely a quarter of the season! How fickle.

Archived