Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe_Whittaker

Surely It's Time To Look To Next Season?

I'm normally optimistic about Leicester but surely after last nights draw we can't pull this one back? As much as I'd love it to happen!

Personally I think he needs to start looking towards next season and clearly that means keeping Nige in charge. He may not be everyone's cup of tea but think about it:

Won us league 1 - may not be the best achievement not but end of the day we got relegated. What better way of rectifying the problem by going up as champions in your first year?

Then not to mention the year after he got us in the play offs with a far worse side that our current one? In fact that side was border line embarrassing on paper - possibly a bad thing to say considering its doing better than our current one.

Surely he is doing something right then? He's had to deal with svens poor signings. Which he has got rid of the bulk of them; although Danns I'd personally have kept. Continually we are reminded of our outrageous spending, although I don't think Pearson himself has spent too much has he?

Apologies for going off on a slight tangent but I do think if he gets rid of some of these worthless players such as:

Wellens, andy king, dyer, fuctacs, Vardy, Kane and sorry to say it Chris Wood. Personally think he's garbage. No super Stevie Howard is he?

Bring in some young hungry fresh players who will make a difference. Players like Michael Keane I'd love to see him back. Think we should have gone for Frazier Campbell Cardiff have got a steal there. Least he knows where the back of the net is! With this there's no reason why we can't carry on our early season form. I think after the clear out fatigue caught up with us to be honest.

Anyway, be honest who really believes we could stay in the prem with this current team. I think we'd be lucky to even win a match! And let's look on the bright side. Least we can laugh at Cardiff fail and do even worse than Derby!

C'MON YOU BLUES

Wood held the ball up last night. Did well, I thought. Brought it down a couple of times, won a few headers to create decent chances. But he was never going to influence the game, because he was playing out wide for some reason!? I really wish people would get off his back. If his team mates looked up, Wood would have had two good chances himself.

Keane won't come back on loan. Love him though, would like to sign him. Frazier Campbell is a good striker, yes, but I bet he will be on about 20k/30k at Cardiff, which kind of contradicts your good point about Pearson making good signings on the cheap (Morgan, Knockaert etc).

About the Premier League thing (because it's not just you who mentioned it). Do you really think we wouldn't buy any new players? Last season, the strongest team that got promoted were West Ham and they didn't really need any new signings; their squad was quite impressive for this level, as was Newcastle's. Apart from those two, every other team that gets promoted isn't good enough to stay up. But they get new players in the summer.

You on a wind up mission Webbo? This lot simply ain't good enough!

We're 2 points off the playoffs, the same as Bolton, do you think they've given up? While it's still possible we've got to go for it.

Apologies for going off on a slight tangent but I do think if he gets rid of some of these worthless players such as:

andy king

Did you even watch the game the last night? To say King was the best player on the field for us would be doing him a discredit. Bar the missed chance he was outrageously good, still only 24 to boot.

Crying tears of both pity and laughter at your Chris Wood / Steve Howard comparison. He's a young lad going through a blip like the rest of the side - it was always bound to happen when we signed him. I bet in January you thought he was the dog's - I really wish our fans knew how to take the rough with the smooth, sometimes.

Cheers for brightening up my Saturday morning after going to bed in a foul mood last night with some proper comedy and reminding me why I've done well to steer clear of this forum during the last three months.

I'm normally optimistic about Leicester but surely after last nights draw we can't pull this one back? As much as I'd love it to happen!

Personally I think he needs to start looking towards next season and clearly that means keeping Nige in charge. He may not be everyone's cup of tea but think about it:

Won us league 1 - may not be the best achievement not but end of the day we got relegated. What better way of rectifying the problem by going up as champions in your first year?

Then not to mention the year after he got us in the play offs with a far worse side that our current one? In fact that side was border line embarrassing on paper - possibly a bad thing to say considering its doing better than our current one.

Surely he is doing something right then? He's had to deal with svens poor signings. Which he has got rid of the bulk of them; although Danns I'd personally have kept. Continually we are reminded of our outrageous spending, although I don't think Pearson himself has spent too much has he?

Wellens, andy king, dyer, fuctacs, Vardy, Kane and sorry to say it Chris Wood. Personally think he's garbage. No super Stevie Howard is he?

Bring in some young hungry fresh players who will make a difference. Players like Michael Keane I'd love to see him back. Think we should have gone for Frazier Campbell Cardiff have got a steal there. Least he knows where the back of the net is! With this there's no reason why we can't carry on our early season form. I think after the clear out fatigue caught up with us to be honest.

Anyway, be honest who really believes we could stay in the prem with this current team. I think we'd be lucky to even win a match! And let's look on the bright side. Least we can laugh at Cardiff fail and do even worse than Derby!

C'MON YOU BLUES

#

Are you for real? he is gone whatever happens.. and he knows it.

C'MON YOU BLUES

Good point Joe.our chairman has budgeted 25 million for signings when we get promoted we should be able to bring in some decent players with that amount .

Thank god for a billionaire owner.

Are some of you for real?? We've won 1 in 14 games, we have no chance for the play offs, we have to win games for that. I'm grateful we didn't **** it off in January rather than Feb else we'd be going down.

Now 13 points off second and 14 points off the bottom 3. How Pearson is still here is quite incredible. Can someone find a manager that has had a worse record than Pearson and still kept his job!

1 WIN IN 14!!!!!

Who do we bring in then? I can't think of anyone that would do a better job, people need to realise we can't expect promotion and you can't expect it to happen within one summer transfer window. We cannot afford to have another season of upheaval, stick with the man and don't do the easy thing of thinking the grass is greener because it generally isn't.

C'MON YOU BLUES

King had an excellent game last night - often doing the equivalent of two jobs and not for the first time recently. Creating chances in one instant then making a vital defensive header the next or clearing up another mess the moment after that. Yes, he probably should have scored but so should lots of others and it would be nice if our strikers weren't deployed defending so much and were therefore sharp enough to do the job they're paid for because they didn't seem to pose much threat again last night.

I hope that we finish this season in good form, give us something to enjoy again, and then we'll think about next season, which will be under a new manager with a vastly different squad.

That's what I worry about. We don't need or want a vastly different squad, just a couple of additions and a couple of tactical tweaks and we could be a real force!

Where's the Leicester of a few months ago? None of us know the answer to this question but that is the Leicester which could win us the league. Can Pearson rediscover that side, I just don't know...

Wood held the ball up last night. Did well, I thought. Brought it down a couple of times, won a few headers to create decent chances. But he was never going to influence the game, because he was playing out wide for some reason!? I really wish people would get off his back. If his team mates looked up, Wood would have had two good chances himself.

Keane won't come back on loan. Love him though, would like to sign him. Frazier Campbell is a good striker, yes, but I bet he will be on about 20k/30k at Cardiff, which kind of contradicts your good point about Pearson making good signings on the cheap (Morgan, Knockaert etc).

About the Premier League thing (because it's not just you who mentioned it). Do you really think we wouldn't buy any new players? Last season, the strongest team that got promoted were West Ham and they didn't really need any new signings; their squad was quite impressive for this level, as was Newcastle's. Apart from those two, every other team that gets promoted isn't good enough to stay up. But they get new players in the summer.

Probablly the reason some dont want to go up we are not the only team getting poor results at the top ofthe table although admittedly the worst

That's what I worry about. We don't need or want a vastly different squad, just a couple of additions and a couple of tactical tweaks and we could be a real force!

Where's the Leicester of a few months ago? None of us know the answer to this question but that is the Leicester which could win us the league. Can Pearson rediscover that side, I just don't know...

Well lets think of the season as a whole shall we.

The fact remains that we had two 5 game winning runs within this season, that have brought us 30 points from 10 games, from the other 32 games we have amassed only 31 points, which is relegation form.

So the reality is, that we have 2 good months and 6 very poor months this season, and unbelievably there are still people out there who believe that we are going forward under Pearson!

Well lets think of the season as a whole shall we.

The fact remains that we had two 5 game winning runs within this season, that have brought us 30 points from 10 games, from the other 32 games we have amassed only 31 points, which is relegation form.

So the reality is, that we have 2 good months and 6 very poor months this season, and unbelievably there are still people out there who believe that we are going forward under Pearson!

Thing is, we know we can perform at an extremely high level, which I think makes it all the more frustrating, especially seeing some of the decisions of pearson at crucial times ie. not making subs when we are up against it, being reactive rather than proactive and playing players out of position. I have/had a lot of faith in Pearson and you can't blame him for last night but with our squad/resources we could certainly be doing better, knowing that we can play the quality of football which took us to the top/2nd

I hope that we finish this season in good form, give us something to enjoy again, and then we'll think about next season, which will be under a new manager with a vastly different squad.

I wonder how you think that's going to pan out. I would have thought that, with FFP and the number of players on long and expensive contracts, our options for buying players will be limited.

Archived