Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Boston Marathon hit by explosions

Al Qaeda? Probably not.

Homegrown right-wing nutter? Very possibly.

Loyalists from NI? Very long shot.

Why Boston? Why a marathon?

This doesn't read like a homegrown right-wing nutter. They tend either to know the target intimately (school shooting/bombing) or have a clear political objective (blowing up abortion clinic).

But then it doesn't read like Al-Qaeda or another religious nutjob group going for maximum indiscriminate civilian casualties either - I hate to say it, but the death toll would be higher were that the case.

So it's an odd one.

Apparently the families of the Newtown tragedy (school shootings) were sitting in the VIP enclosure right next to the explosion.

That makes me feel sick.

Does seem to be quite unorganised so it doesnt look like a terroist groups behind it looking like a single nutter

How does it seem to be quite unorganised?!

Shocking truly shocking, I think it will have been the act of a vile twisted nutter, or perhaps linked to North Korea, thats very unlikely though.

Well...Kim Yong Un said they would strike at their enemies using 'irregular forces'. This made me think about a terrorist attack. He also said he couldn't guarantee foreign diplomat's safety from 15th April.

Still unlikely though. The explosion was quite small, not the work of a big organisation or a state.

Not to diminish the impact on those there.

Doesn't look as if they're considering anything but a bombing....

Vice president Biden, in a statement, has referred to a "bombing," not an "explosion," Dan Roberts reports in Washington.

"Our prayers are with those people in Boston who have suffered injuries," Biden said.

The marathon's organisers have also referred to "bombs". But there is no official confirmation of that from law enforcement agencies yet.

Seems unoraganised as three bombs made only two went off and only seemed to cause minimal damage thankfully might have just meant to to a warning

What? That makes no sense. Just cos 2 out of 3 went off doesn't mean it was unorganised.

Archived