Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Boston Marathon hit by explosions

We live in a seriously fvcked up world.

I'm actually sick of the news being full of bad news, all the time. Is it just me who finds it seriously sad that the news is dominated by negativity?

That's step 1 completed...now ask yourself "why?"

We live in a seriously fvcked up world.

I'm actually sick of the news being full of bad news, all the time. Is it just me who finds it seriously sad that the news is dominated by negativity?

Nothing sells like bad news. :(

Truly a terrible day for it though. However it has to be said that Boston is lucky the death count is just at two at the moment. Im sure those responsible were hoping for a lot higher than that.

ITV say homemade.

think all terrorist used devices are really... not seen any in Walmart....

It isn't on the scale of Al Qaeda. They were known for large explosions in multiple places with many, many more casualties. Al Qaeda have access to much more sophisticated and powerful explosives than used here.

Look at some of the IRA attacks. They had access to Libyan semtex (C4) and their bombs were much more powerful than this. It isn't carried out by an organisation or individual with major backing.

It's a bomb made in a garden shed.

as has just been said on the news, large scale sales of the compnents that make up bombs send immediate red flags off in the pentagon and at the FBI... there only hope of setting off any bombs in the US would be to assemble them 'under the radar'

its also worth noting that 'inspire' a magazine published by al qeida (sp!?) has recently called for attacks to happen at american sporting events so i wouldnt count it out... The bombs were seperated by about 200 metres apart set to go off a few seconds apart - a tactic they have used before - people flee the first bombs sight rights into the pathway of a (normally) larger bomb

However i do agree that they seem wrather amature-ish... it could be an al-quieda sympathizer -lets not forget that the shoe bomber ( Richard Ried -was a british national..) who didnt receieve large scale training..

It's also worth remembering that it was Patriots day in the US - which commemorate the first days of the american revolutionary war... their first step towards a 'free' country..

Al-Qaeda doesn't exist the way it did ten years ago. They simply do not have the capacity to pull off large scale attacks like the Bali nightclub bombings any more, and have long since been perceived as having to switch to micro-cells that are extremely hard to detect never mind tackle.

yup. agree completley.

2 killed 22 injured.

How many innocent Syrians were killed or maimed today?.

Western society deaths through terrorism seem to be worth 10000 of people from other cultures.

Get yourselves off the tele and and have a good bit of alone time to think it through :)

you silly tit.

I hope the Boston Irish community that funded the IRA back in the day know what the word "karma" means.

A sad irony, they used to collect money in the bars of Boston for the IRA..

The last week really hasnt been a good one for the human race.

Hope the Bostonians who donated to 'the cause' take a long look in the mirror tonight.

Sympathy to all the innocents killed.

These are all dumb comments.

Many New Yorkers used to pass around hats asking for people to throw in "a little spare change for the boys back home," but I'm sure you didn't make dumbass IRA comments after 9/11. Likewise, you wouldn't find people in the USA--even the ones you're talking about that chipped in "for the cause"--talking about the "irony" of 7/7, and if anyone did, they were being pus-filled pricks.

I hope the security services are monitoring this thread because there are some right fvcking geniuses posting here.

I'll settle for just a moderator.

I shouldn't even bother clicking on this sub forum anymore.

Crass and poorly timed certainly, but if your community directly or indirectly supports terrorism in any way you have to expect some criticism or comment when you experience the other end of the problem.

This isn't the other end of the problem though. The other end of the problem would be if the bombings were directly attributable to some kind of retaliation to historical funding of the IRA. I think we can be pretty sure that's not the case. An event was targeted, not a community - it could have been the New York marathon, the London marathon, anywhere.

There's an element of "they got what was coming" to those earlier comments in this thread, I'm surprised you seem to be defending them. "Dumb" comments, as described by Jordan is exactly what they are.

Absolutely shocking. This will never stop, terrorism is everywhere.

You're right. It is. They will always be one step in front as well.

Not sure what to make of what happened yesterday, but when multiple devices go off it is usually an act of terrorism.

They are evil.

This isn't the other end of the problem though. The other end of the problem would be if the bombings were directly attributable to some kind of retaliation to historical funding of the IRA. I think we can be pretty sure that's not the case. An event was targeted, not a community - it could have been the New York marathon, the London marathon, anywhere.

There's an element of "they got what was coming" to those earlier comments in this thread, I'm surprised you seem to be defending them. "Dumb" comments, as described by Jordan is exactly what they are.

Agree completely. When you put it in black and white what the implication of the comments are; the implication that elements of the Boston community might have got taught a lesson through mass murder or somehow Boston is a more deserving target of murder through a terrorist attack, then you see how ill thought out and morally repugnant the comments are.

NOT SAFE FOR WORK OR LIFE OR FOR THE SQUEAMISH - DISTURBING, PEOPLE:

BH61wJTCMAAK929.jpg

Bloody hell :o

Just goes to show that anything can happen to you. This poor man wakes up thinking he's going to run a marathon, and now he's got to live for the rest of his life with one leg.

Absolutely horrendous.

Bloody hell :o

Just goes to show that anything can happen to you. This poor man wakes up thinking he's going to run a marathon, and now he's got to live for the rest of his life with one leg.

Absolutely horrendous.

He might have been a spectator. Either way, horrendous damage to an innocent person.

Guest MattP

Many New Yorkers used to pass around hats asking for people to throw in "a little spare change for the boys back home," but I'm sure you didn't make dumbass IRA comments after 9/11.

I did. Many did, the whole World didn't wallow in pity you know.

New Yorkers are unreal, you even manage to come across with that reknowned arrogance over the internet.

Guest MattP

I understand this is something of a rhetorical question, but why?

Because I thought it was a fair point, same as yesterday given how much carnage and chaos we suffered at the hands of the people who funded that lot from Eire from the East Coast of America.

JTH has it spot on when he says if your community directly or indirectly supports terrorism in any way you have to expect some criticism or comment when you experience the other end of the problem

Archived