Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NathanC93

Pearson - Should he stay or should he go?

Should he stay or should he go?  

366 members have voted

1. 1. Leave or Stay

i just saw how far a manager he was behind zola . the style of play , players on the pitch . miles and miles behind , i thought we had good players , we haven't .

Course, Zola, had the advantage of 7/8 Udinese loanees who in their home nation play at a better level than this right?

Why do people solely blame Pearson for that?

Nugent-Penalty

Wes Morgan- Sent off

Paul Konchesky- Outpaced by Scannell in the cup (Where it all started)

They've done some fvcking stupid things and you know it's all the experienced heads that have been at fault for Christ sake.

The thread is all about whether Pearson should stay or go. I haven't and don't blame Pearson solely for this season's abject failure but merely answer the question posed.

I not a massive fan of pearson and never have been but he has bought some good players and built a decent squad, if the good run had come after the bad run people would say he has turned it round. Pearson needs to improve in a lot of areas but that will come with experience and he must have learned something from the last few months (hopefully) changing the manger now would not make any sence and I really think if we stick by him he will get us automatic next year with a better squad and and in a stronger position. We are nowhere near good enough for the prem and as QPR have proved you cant buy you way to success so another building year would be good.

Most of the criticism has to lay at the owners feet? When they sacked Sven they should never have gone back to Pearson? He has no record of achievement at higher level of the game. The owners put their faith in him and predictably he wasn't good enough to produce the goal they required. If they want premiership football as they desire, then it won't be cheap, and the first thing they should have done is acquire the services of a proven manager.

The manager builds the team, has the technical know how of the game and can diversify if and when the need arises? Pearson has shown a complete lack of technical know how. We got beaten many times because the other managers knew of Pearson's weaknesses and predictability and were able to play their game to advantage. Unfortunately, Pearson didn't have a back up plan, lacked any form of insight or vision of how to turn a game around, and eventually toward the end his game plan was to just kick the ball up the other end of the field and hope! A sign of a manager desperate and out of ideas?

Not Pearson's fault if he is limited in his ability. It showed in his mannerism and attitude, his belligerence was the clue to someone who didn't listen and thought as he was the manager nobody told him what to do? This was all too apparent in the interviews he gave after matches. There is a big difference between assertive and aggressive behaviour? I would put Pearson in the aggressive category? He had many bust ups with key members of the team, Beckford to name but one.

His running of the team didn't make any sense, and was incoherent? Why did Jeff Schlupp go to Man Utd at such a crucial period of the season? Richie Wellens was totally ignored and left out the team, and was heard pleading to be there... and then suddenly in a crucial game without being there for a while he is thrown in at the deep end?

Yes, the owners ultimately are responsible. They know nothing about English football. They may be businessmen but as the old saying goes.... 'A fool and his Money soon parts'!!

In my opinion enough is enough.

Winning 2 games in 16 is relegation form not promotion.

Had this been at the beginning of the season he would have been sacked and rightly so.

The only reason I.M.O. that he is still here is due to lack of decent alternative managers that are currently available.

No doubt this will change as soon as the season is over.

I know the players are to blame for some of the defeats, however Pearson is equally to blame for others.

At the end of the day someone has to carry the can, in football terms this means Pearson has to go.

I cannot see us getting promoted with N.P. at the helm.

Mr arrogant can go on the first train back to Sheffield for me, I just hope the owners get rid early, as I am not renewing if he is still here.

Before people start questioning my loyalty, can I justify paying over 800 pounds for my season tickets to watch this shit week in week out.

The man cannot take us any further and is tactically poor, and is clearly a poor man manager, for me the players have let him and us down, but why?, they clearly are a talented bunch as result at times have shown, but they don't appear to want to do it for him. Any manager that has had his points return for this year would be sacked, especially a team that has spent a lot and have aspirations of promotions.

Some on here make me laugh when they defend him with blind loyalty, I respect that but results don't lie, do people not remember early season when we had the first poor run and he looked like being sacked, had a purple patch, then poor results, then a purple patch, then one of the worst runs of results in our history.

Just look at the seasons result, no consistency, struggled against teams fighting relegation, and outclassed by the better teams.

If you want another season of this keep Pearson, because he has had over 18 months to resolve the inconsistency but has been found wanting, or we get in a younger more talented manager and start a fresh, with fresh ideas, like Watford, who I would love Leicester to play like, with talent all over the pitch, and a talented manager, not the overpayed, overrated manager and players we have been following. Rant over.

I will always love the club but players and managers come and go, now is about the best for Leicester city, bye Nigel

The reason he hasn't been sacked yet is because of this alleged clause in his contract, meaning we have to pay him off £1m.

So when it is mathematically impossible to get promotion 5pm tonight hopefully he should be gone, but I am not holding my breath.

Come on Thais get rid!

Couldn't care less if he stays or goes, i'm only bothered about our playing squad, which has clearly proved to be not good enough. I don't think however the decision on Pearson is in our hands, i will be surprised if the owners keep him, but you just never know with football.

I don't really want to go back to changing managers every 6 months or so, but i just don't think Pearson has got it in him to get a team promoted.

Pearson is a average football league manager, he will assemble a reasonable squad that will have highs and lows, but he simply has too many flaws, along with a stubborn attitude that means he refuses to learn from his mistakes. Yes he has done OK redfucing the wage bill, but is RDL better or even as good as peltier? Is Whitbread or Keane as good ass Bamba? Where these two from Huddersfield and Scottish football on big wages, doubt it? The squad lacks experience, leaders and battlers and Pearson assembled this squad. Midfield has been weak for seasons, but not addresses, IMO Danns would have added energy and goals, and before anyone says he hasnt done anything at Huddersfield, he is in a very poor team, no one looks great in poor teams and he never got a fair chance this season. He falls out with numerous players every year, and like it or not, no one is likely to take Danns, Beckford or SSL off us, so a new manager may as well try and get the best out of them. We have LOST pretty much as many as we have won, we started the season badly, ended shockingly and yet people hark on about a 5 game winning run, which included some less than impressive performances against wolves and Middlesbrough, and was then largely undone by losing the next 3 games. People are picking a small snippet of the season and clinging onto that, when by and large we have been far too easy to beat, especially away, our away form is very poor.

We need a new manager, who can add what is so clearly missing to some good young players, show some tactical awareness and not fall out with players and fans every 5 mins being mardy. I wouldn't mind his character if that was his only weakness but sadly he has far too many, perhaps its a blessing we didnt make the playoffs, he would probably have played a loan striker at home again with target men on the wings.....

It must also be pointed out that Hull have come on leaps and bounds since he left, was he underachieving with them like us?

Stay.

We have made progress this season, we've cleared a lot off the astronomical wage bill we had and we will finish higher than last season, we've replaced a lot of old has beens with some young players who have their best years in front of them rather than behind.

With some stability and time we will develop into a good team and with a couple of additions should come back stronger next season.

I rather take a chance on that than go through another summer of upheaval and another possible Paulo Sousa situation. Not to mention any new manager has to get us up and save 21 million for FFP.

This is it

The reason he hasn't been sacked yet is because of this alleged clause in his contract, meaning we have to pay him off £1m.

So when it is mathematically impossible to get promotion 5pm tonight hopefully he should be gone, but I am not holding my breath.

Come on Thais get rid!

As you say...'Alleged'? What is £1m to sacking him and paying £3m for a top manager and the Multi-Millions of getting into the premiership. You can't cut corners.... it's false economy and it never works unless you are 'Really, Really, Really, Lucky'!!!

The owners with all good intent really don't have the acumen to run a football club?

The Pearsonites are proving to be a dangerous bunch. Their inability or unwillingness to discuss Pearsons failings and now, it would appear failure, renders it difficult to move on and to even consider alternatives.

It's clear that Pearson is not a patch, tactically, on the likes of Zola. The only reason we got back into that game last night wasn't because we were a good team, but because we became desperate.

Football wise, they were head and shoulders above us IMO.

I don't want another season of the same. I want a manager with just more talent than Pearson has.

The Pearsonites are demanding more of the same, which is bizarre given what we've seen now for months.

Time for a change. A new philosophy. A younger manager with fresh ideas and fresh ways of playing.

Come on Thais get rid!

You really are a clown when it comes to Pearson in/out issue, your fickleness over this course of this season is laughable

"alleged"

Why the hell is that supposed to mean, everyone knows any manager at any club is contracted for a period of time, often 3 years... and if their services are dispensed with before then, then any club is obligated to pay the remainder of the contract.

I think Pearson will go because of the run, I'm disappointed that just for a change we probably won't give stability a go

Although, his inability to arrest the decline is hugely worrying

30+ players have left, the signings that have come in, I can't imagine are on unsustainable money and they've finished higher - in other words an improvement

There's some non-achieving high earners still to follow them out the door, which will hopefully leave room to strengthen further and add a bit of steel to the side to gain some consistency to the young core that still have their best years ahead of them - from that point of view NP's job is only half done - building a team takes time - it's not like we're Cardiff and have inhabited the playoff position for the past half a decade, we've been in the third tier and have been midtable barring Pearson's playoff finish.

The Pearsonites are proving to be a dangerous bunch. Their inability or unwillingness to discuss Pearsons failings and now, it would appear failure, renders it difficult to move on and to even consider alternatives.

It's clear that Pearson is not a patch, tactically, on the likes of Zola. The only reason we got back into that game last night wasn't because we were a good team, but because we became desperate.

Football wise, they were head and shoulders above us IMO.

I don't want another season of the same. I want a manager with just more talent than Pearson has.

The Pearsonites are demanding more of the same, which is bizarre given what we've seen now for months.

Time for a change. A new philosophy. A younger manager with fresh ideas and fresh ways of playing.

Perhaps we should sign 30 Serie A players on loan in order to enable that brilliant continental style of counterattacking

Top end of the division were strangers to Watford before they arrived.

Oh wait, we can't - we've got a running debt total of around £100m

Perhaps we should sign 30 Serie A players on loan in order to enable that brilliant continental style of counterattacking

Top end of the division were strangers to Watford before they arrived.

Oh wait, we can't - we've got a running debt total of around £100m

Exactly my point.

Your typical flippant response to a genuine concern/feeling that doesn't enable us to discuss alternatives and to move on.

I'm not surprised though..

:thumbup:

You really are a clown when it comes to Pearson in/out issue, your fickleness over this course of this season is laughable

"alleged"

Why the hell is that supposed to mean, everyone knows any manager at any club is contracted for a period of time, often 3 years... and if their services are dispensed with before then, then any club is obligated to pay the remainder of the contract.

I think Pearson will go because of the run, I'm disappointed that just for a change we probably won't give stability a go

Although, his inability to arrest the decline is hugely worrying

30+ players have left, the signings that have come in, I can't imagine are on unsustainable money and they've finished higher - in other words an improvement

There's some non-achieving high earners still to follow them out the door, which will hopefully leave room to strengthen further and add a bit of steel to the side to gain some consistency to the young core that still have their best years ahead of them - from that point of view NP's job is only half done - building a team takes time - it's not like we're Cardiff and have inhabited the playoff position for the past half a decade, we've been in the third tier and have been midtable barring Pearson's playoff finish.

Sven 44.9% percentage in the league.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/page/managerdetails.php?mid=36

NP (2nd time round) 40% win percentage in the league

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/page/managerdetails.php?mid=37

Both managers haven't performed I wholeheartedly agree but you cannot doubt those stats that Sven wasn't better than NP? you probably will by saying stats are skewed and that we were never in the playoffs under Sven yes I agree we weren't but I am bothered about, progress on the field and in that department footballing results wise we haven't progressed.

Stay...

He has built up a decent team. With a few more added quality, the squad will be even better. Especially both full back positions, and a stronger central midfielder to partner James... If he could bring these positions in this summer, and get rid of players who arn't good enough to play (the likes of Konchesky, Dyer, Waghorn etc) then I'd be behind him for another season.

Then see how next season goes. Fair play, if we're bottom in October then look again. I know the owners have put in lots of money, but changing the manager when he has had one summer to put the squad together isn't the answer imo. The next manager is only going to get rid of players, bring in his own players, that takes time and then this time next year we might be having the same conversation.

We've obviously made progress, even if it is little.

For whatever reason, we stopped playing the sort of football that got us top in the first place. We were playing some excellent stuff - dominant, fluid and attacking football. With the exception of Derby, Ipswich and Huddersfield at home, we've regressed into a more rigid and direct outfit. We've often persisted with a flat 442 when it was clear that we were being outnumbered/outplayed in midfield.

This season has been a wasted opportunity given the poor nature of this league. The frustrating thing is that the potential is there - I'm not sure Pearson has it in him to get the best out of them over the course of a season. I think he's a level headed manager who gets his teams organised, with the ability to spot a good young player - however, he doesn't convince me as a manager who can produce a promotion winning side.

Saying that, where are the alternatives?

Not too bothered either way. Improvements have been made since last season imo. Can we improve further under Pearson or was he brought in to the do the job he has done. He has cleared up most of the mess left by Sven, maybe it's a "cheers Nige, all the best" situation.

I like Nige and have supported him throughout but I wouldn't be devastated to see him go.

Frank Lampard player/manager next season?

Make it happen Top! lol

Stay for me....if the board sack Nigel, who's going to come in?? Who's out there to replace Nigel??...Roberto Di Matteo is about the best option for me.

Give him the first 10 games of the new season and see where we are......anyone else's thoughts?

Archived