Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
artursteppe

I 'bit my tongue'.

A little story from pre 'florists' match on Tuesday.

I am well known on this site for consistently, over the last two or three years, suggesting Wellens in particular and Gallagher to some extent simply are not good enough to be in our first team. I do not like them as players, and Wellens particularly for his arrogance on the pitch.

At 5.30 pm on Tuesday I was crossing the road toward the city centre from the Holiday Inn, with the green light on for pedestrians with no traffic approaching. Upon getting half way across the road an idiot driver in a soft top expensive German car ( white ) was heading in my direction at stupid speed. My initial thoughts were boy racer with a miniscule IQ or tosser with a small penis. The driver had one hand on the wheel and his 'mobile' to his ear with the other and got nearer to me with the car across both lanes, generating some nervousness on my part as the driver's control genuinely seemed to be less than adequate.

He did manage to stop, but was beyond the thick white line that proper drivers would not have crossed. I stared at the fool, who was 'staring me down' - there was a situation developing. The sun was in my eyes, but I seemed to recognise the driver so I held back from giving him a ' round of f***s' in case I knew him.

As I got across the road, with both of us still staring at each other, I recognised the passenger as Gallagher. Yes, the chump in the driving seat, was he who for some reason is still much loved by a few Leicester fans, Richie ( the Manc ) Wellens.

This was my chance to tell the W****r exactly what I thought of him, in a very big way!

I 'bit my tongue' hard, to stop myself. I am a Leicester supporter, and it simply was not in me to just gratify myself because at the end of the day, whether we like it or not, they are still part of our squad.

Instead, a bit like a 'sap' I raised my hand in acknowledgement to both players and Gally returned the gesture.

Was I right?

no you pussied out. if you're gonna have a go at people online you should do it to their face too. regardless of who it was he was driving like a willy puller and you should have let him know. even worse that you raised you hand in acknowledgment. a shake of the head or just carrying on would have been fine but even after all this you bitched up. a prime example of people bum licking "celebs" they talk shit about when they see actually see them in real life.

Anyone else bored of the Gally and Wellens bashing?

Nah!

What else is there to read during the week.

in answer to the OP - you should have jumped on his bonnet, put your fist through the windscreen and pulled wellens out by the cajoles. then sued the bastard for hitting you with his car whilst on the phone. Alternatively you could have waved at him and wished him a good evening spending his hard earned cash.

You should have said what you felt about his driving, but I don't think abusing players about what happens on the pitch, especially those out injured at the time, is going to acheive anything other than make them not want to play for the fans. If you were having a drink or a meal with them and can explain your issues with them in a calm and articulate manner than that is another thing, but screaming abuse at someone is just not cool man.

You should have said what you felt about his driving, but I don't think abusing players about what happens on the pitch, especially those out injured at the time, is going to acheive anything other than make them not want to play for the fans. If you were having a drink or a meal with them and can explain your issues with them in a calm and articulate manner than that is another thing, but screaming abuse at someone is just not cool man.

Have you ever been to a match? (rhetorical question inferring that many fans spend a good deal of a match screaming at the players).

And the days of footballers trying hard for the fans - did it ever exist? They do it for the money and the amount that they receive they should be giving 100% even if the entire city is calling them out.

I think that you should have said something, regardless of who they are, they were driving like dicks and on the phone while driving, which is illegal!

i have bit my tongue recently too. i sit not far from the Academy and Reserve players and all they do is sit and play on their iphones or blackberrys not bothered about the game! might seem petty, but one chap didnt watch any of the hull game and was texting his friend, sitting next to him about how crap our team is and how they cant beleive that they are not in the 1st team!

I am well known on this site for consistently, over the last two or three years, suggesting Wellens in particular and Gallagher to some extent simply are not good enough to be in our first team. I do not like them as players, and Wellens particularly for his arrogance on the pitch.........

........Was I right?

Internet-Warrior-500x400.jpg

I am well known on this site for consistently, over the last two or three years, suggesting Wellens in particular and Gallagher to some extent simply are not good enough to be in our first team. I do not like them as players, and Wellens particularly for his arrogance on the pitch.

At 5.30 pm on Tuesday I was crossing the road toward the city centre from the Holiday Inn, with the green light on for pedestrians with no traffic approaching. Upon getting half way across the road an idiot driver in a soft top expensive German car ( white ) was heading in my direction at stupid speed. My initial thoughts were boy racer with a miniscule IQ or tosser with a small penis. The driver had one hand on the wheel and his 'mobile' to his ear with the other and got nearer to me with the car across both lanes, generating some nervousness on my part as the driver's control genuinely seemed to be less than adequate.

He did manage to stop, but was beyond the thick white line that proper drivers would not have crossed. I stared at the fool, who was 'staring me down' - there was a situation developing. The sun was in my eyes, but I seemed to recognise the driver so I held back from giving him a ' round of f***s' in case I knew him.

As I got across the road, with both of us still staring at each other, I recognised the passenger as Gallagher. Yes, the chump in the driving seat, was he who for some reason is still much loved by a few Leicester fans, Richie ( the Manc ) Wellens.

This was my chance to tell the W****r exactly what I thought of him, in a very big way!

I 'bit my tongue' hard, to stop myself. I am a Leicester supporter, and it simply was not in me to just gratify myself because at the end of the day, whether we like it or not, they are still part of our squad.

Instead, a bit like a 'sap' I raised my hand in acknowledgement to both players and Gally returned the gesture.

Was I right?

No you were not. You should have at least given a registration number to plod.

This has nothing to do with the individuals involved - irresponsible drivers should be recognised as the menace they are.

After what happened to Howard earlier this season, you'd think the squad members would have been more careful. Wellens, based in Manchester, would suffer particularly badly through the loss of a driving licence.

No surprise, though, to see his apologists burying their heads in the sand. Imagine the uproar if Matt Mills had been caught doing this..

No surprise, though, to see his apologists burying their heads in the sand. Imagine the uproar if Matt Mills had been caught doing this..

lol WTF.

Doing what? Driving a bit fast and talking on his mobile.

It's not like he was dropping his trousers in front of children or anything is it. Relax, it's a complete non-story.

lol

Burying their heads in the sand? "Player drives talking on phone" ooooh what a scandal.

Deary me.

To be fair, I'd probably have done the same as the OP, being as they are our players. Wellens was daft to be driving in that manner, granted but I think having a go at him wouldn't have done any good and would've probably made one feel stupid or even guilty afterwards (because of who he is), even though he was in the wrong for being on his mobile......

Fully deserved, both are absolute utter shit and should be sold back to League Two where they belong, with Steve Howard.

Interesting. Fox92 is a Wellens fan and Gallagher disliker.

You don't like both. Are you half-related?

lol WTF.

Doing what? Driving a bit fast and talking on his mobile.

It's not like he was dropping his trousers in front of children or anything is it. Relax, it's a complete non-story.

Both breaking the law and could result in an accident even death.

Archived