Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jace

Leicester Vs Watford pre match thread

Trying to keep it civil this time....... :)

Almunia (GK no 1) had a slight twinge so Zola took him out (dumb move as it turned out) and should be fine for Thursday

Bond (GK no 2) was taken out by a typical piece of dirty Leeds thuggery but it turns out 'only' a broken nose and a bit of concussion so may well be okay for Thursday. We can't get another emergency loan because having played our novice today he has become a full first team player and unless he is mysteriously injured in training we have at least 1 recognised GK fit.

Bad news for us is no Deeney (1 match ban for 2x yellow (1 for kicking ball away, silly sod)) and Zola won't play Forestieri with Vydra so it will be Vydra and Geijo up front; we'll need our supporting cast (Chalobah, Abdi & Anya) for any goals. We'll deffo be looking to contain you and hit on the break.

Hope Zola can get them lifted - they looked absolutely gutted today (which gives lie to the 'foreign mercenaries' theory)

We'll be seeing you on Thursday, may the best team etc etc

How many of your starting line-up were loanees today ?? Just wondered.

Very impressed with Watford at the KP last time, and they thoroughly outplayed us.

But we all know watching this club over the past years, a leicester city side in the play-offs is a totally different animal all together.

At the end of the day, watford have it all to lose.

Would not be surprised to see us lose the home leg by 2 goals though, but i definetley fancy our chances at their place.

How many of your starting line-up were loanees today ?? Just wondered.

But as has been said many many times before, many if not all will sign permanently. Cassetti was signed for us by Udinese - the only time he's been to Udine was as a player for Roma. It's just paperwork.

Very impressed with Watford at the KP last time, and they thoroughly outplayed us.

You know what, at the game it self I tend to agree with you and they are very good on the break, however when I watched a recording we looked a lot better, apart from the first goal and the start of the second half.

Dyer was marked out of the game so it will be interesting to see how we line up, (ok I am not a fan) I would much prefer to see Schulpp left mid and Knockart free roaming. It's a question of what have we learnt from the first leg and how will the squad cope. It go's with out saying they coped well enough today and we can go into this on a positive note unlike Watford you must now surely be feeling the pressure of their clubs expectations. Will their squad be motivated by the playoffs are will some players be more interested in what comes next for them ?

It should be highly charged and entertaining. Will we hear Nigel Pearsons Blue and White Army ? And what trick will the owners pull out of the hat to stoke things up ?

Gutted I can't make the home leg due to work and the I doubt anyone who isn't a ST holder will get to the away game. But I hope I get home in time to watch the first leg on the TV. Make it loud lads today has been a great day hopefully Thursday and next Sunday will follow suit and Whitsun weekend will be one hell of a party in London for all Foxes. ****ing over the moon with today

My Team for Watford.

Kasper

Morgan

Moore

St Ledger

James

King

Knocky

Dyer

Marshall

Kane

Nugent

BENCH:

Logan, De Laet, Keane, Drinkwater, Schlupp, Wood & Waghorn.

Changes yes, but i find we need to control the game against Watford, so basically we need to keep the ball and these lads are the best to keep hold of the ball. Thoughts?

My Team for Watford.

Kasper

Morgan

Moore

St Ledger

James

King

Knocky

Dyer

Marshall

Kane

Nugent

BENCH:

Changes yes, but i find we need to control the game against Watford, so basically we need to keep the ball and these lads are the best to keep hold of the ball. Thoughts?

No wood?

Important goal against bolton and MOTM performance, important goal against palace, and now an assist which was as important as a goal against forest...are you serious??

to play nuge over wood is crazy, he ain't score for months.

My Team for Watford.

Kasper

Morgan

Moore

St Ledger

James

King

Knocky

Dyer

Marshall

Kane

Nugent

BENCH:

St Ledger, Moore, Marshall and Kane are you serious  :facepalm:

We need some fresh legs for the second leg, the last time we bought Wood on as a sub was against Huddersfield in the fa cup and he scored, so lets save him for our secret weapon, Nugent will be due a goal, Keane for me as been that little sloopy for me recently and with Sean returning I believe them three will hold back watford. I want to give Marshall a final chance, if it doesn't work then we take him off, and for Kane hasn't started enough.

Also i was thinking of Marshall playing an attacking midfield role (just behind the front two)

But as has been said many many times before, many if not all will sign permanently. Cassetti was signed for us by Udinese - the only time he's been to Udine was as a player for Roma. It's just paperwork.

Don't see how that's any better.

Incidentally, I'm in London tonight - it was my aunt's 50th and one of her two sons (my cousins obviously) is a Watford fan(the other doesn't pay any attention to footy). Needless  to say he was less pleased with today than I was.  Chatting to him I took the opportunity to cheekily throw in: "by the way, which is it? Are you Watford or Udinese B team? I'm unsure of the official line".  Never seen anyone look so embarrassed.  lol Graceful chap that I am, I quickly conceded that it probably wouldn't matter when their loanees send us packing for another season in the Ch'ship.

The footballing gods looked down on us yesterday and have gave us fresh hope, have surely instilled confidence and belief in the players and we must go out against Watford on Thursday knowing we have been given another chance and a chance we must take!!

We have to take it to Watford....BUT we have to be cautious aswell as they have players who can punish us, i also don't believe this crap that Watford are down and out because they lost today and missed out on autos, they could well be more up for getting promotion now, but so should we! It's going to be very interesting.....

To be honest having watched the FLS it sucks that we arnt playing Hull. Hull would be devastated having missed a penalty then conceded one and they are in dire form too. Watford would have been up if it wasn't for the goalkeeper injury as their kid they put in goal cost them both goals. Other than that Watford are 100 times more dangerous than Hull.

Don't see how that's any better.

Incidentally, I'm in London tonight - it was my aunt's 50th and one of her two sons (my cousins obviously) is a Watford fan(the other doesn't pay any attention to footy). Needless  to say he was less pleased with today than I was.  Chatting to him I took the opportunity to cheekily throw in: "by the way, which is it? Are you Watford or Udinese B team? I'm unsure of the official line".  Never seen anyone look so embarrassed.  lol Graceful chap that I am, I quickly conceded that it probably wouldn't matter when their loanees send us packing for another season in the Ch'ship.

Okay, just to state a counter argument:

Our owners could have given us tens of millions of pounds to go into the transfer market. Would that be okay? To add to the ever-spiralling inflationary pressure both on player prices and player salaries?

Or, they could stick to their model, which is to pour resources into a massive scouting organisation, unearth gems from Europe and around the world, then sell them on when they have peaked in value. The result is of course a large pool of players which they can use as they feel best. The loan rules are there to be exploited; if they weren't the players needed would be transferred permanently. I would be worried if it was a Doncaster situation, signing players looking for a shop window in hope of one last payday, but it so obviously isn't (as the players reaction at your place a couple of weeks ago demonstrated.

It is not the ideal position to be one of three clubs with the same ownership in terms of 'identity' but it is one hell of a lot better than the alternatives we were facing. And for small clubs like us, it is one way where we can really punch above our weight, rather than face life yo-yoing between the championship and league one or going on a downward spiral like Scunthorpe or even worse Luton.

@Senorbott: Just spoke to Jim about the ticket pricing. He said LCFC wanted to make the game a fans fixture and make tickets £15 but WFC said no. #lcfc

Another good gesture from the club, that no doubt some fans will moan about.

@Senorbott: Just spoke to Jim about the ticket pricing. He said LCFC wanted to make the game a fans fixture and make tickets £15 but WFC said no. #lcfc

Another good gesture from the club, that no doubt some fans will moan about.

Obviously Watford would say no it dosn't exactly help them if we fill out the stadium.

Archived