Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jace

Leicester Vs Watford pre match thread

The arguments about Watford's player recruitment policy have been done to death, let's just talk about the game.

I would say that if it isn't broken, don't fix it. Go with the same starting XI which brimmed with pace and played Forest off the park in spells yesterday. 

So Almunia may or may not be out, in which case their young keeper Jack Bonham will be starting. Deeney suspended too. Call me crazy though, but I thought players who got a red from 2 yellows got more than a one game ban?

So Almunia may or may not be out, in which case their young keeper Jack Bonham. Deeney suspended too. Call me crazy though, but I thought players who got a red from 2 yellows got more than a one game ban?

Two bookings is one match ban. Straight red is three.

The way I look at it is we've got lucky and made the playoffs, we're ****ing ecstatic about it and are going in on a high.

Watford have missed out on autos, looked devastated and have to pick themselves up. Plus they'll have 30,000 fans against them in the home leg.

I know who I'd rather be going into this game.

It depends what the cards are for and whether the player has previous reds in a season.

Usually 2 yellows = 1 game ban

Straight reds it depends on the offence, professional fouls are 1 game whereas violent conduct is 3.

Two bookings is one match ban. Straight red is three.

It depends what the cards are for and whether the player has previous reds in a season.

Usually 2 yellows = 1 game ban

Straight reds it depends on the offence, professional fouls are 1 game whereas violent conduct is 3.

Ah, I see. That makes sense. I knew there was a reason why Big Wes only got a 1 match ban. Irrespective, having Deeney out for them should mean good news for us.

The way I look at it is we've got lucky and made the playoffs, we're ****ing ecstatic about it and are going in on a high.

Watford have missed out on autos, looked devastated and have to pick themselves up. Plus they'll have 30,000 fans against them in the home leg.

I know who I'd rather be going into this game.

Exactly. Psychologically we should have the edge going into the match. How we then perform in that match is entirely down to us--form goes out the window to some extent.

Konchesky is a good experienced player but appears to be caught out on pace sometimes if we could merge Schlupp and Konchesky into 1 player we would have a class left back

Okay, just to state a counter argument:

Our owners could have given us tens of millions of pounds to go into the transfer market. Would that be okay? To add to the ever-spiralling inflationary pressure both on player prices and player salaries?

Or, they could stick to their model, which is to pour resources into a massive scouting organisation, unearth gems from Europe and around the world, then sell them on when they have peaked in value. The result is of course a large pool of players which they can use as they feel best. The loan rules are there to be exploited; if they weren't the players needed would be transferred permanently. I would be worried if it was a Doncaster situation, signing players looking for a shop window in hope of one last payday, but it so obviously isn't (as the players reaction at your place a couple of weeks ago demonstrated.

It is not the ideal position to be one of three clubs with the same ownership in terms of 'identity' but it is one hell of a lot better than the alternatives we were facing. And for small clubs like us, it is one way where we can really punch above our weight, rather than face life yo-yoing between the championship and league one or going on a downward spiral like Scunthorpe or even worse Luton.

Do you not want long-serving players who have passion and pride in the club? Or are you okay being used as a stepping stone? Not attacking, just curious. 

Ah, I see. That makes sense. I knew there was a reason why Big Wes only got a 1 match ban. Irrespective, having Deeney out for them should mean good news for us.

Exactly. Psychologically we should have the edge going into the match. How we then perform in that match is entirely down to us--form goes out the window to some extent.

We're in slightly better form, surprisingly

Leicester W2 D3 L1

Watford W2 D1 L3

We're on one defeat in the last 6, they're on 3 defeats in the last 6

Although they've twice beaten us 2-1 this season & we've not beaten them for a couple of years.

At their place we turned to Plan B & played 433 for the first time this season back in November, Watford went 2-0 up, Nuge pulled one back then just as we were challenging Whitbread got sent off.

At our place we wobbled for a couple of mins & lost 2 goals one where King never tracked a runner for them to win a corner & of course score from it... and the other a once in a lifetime (hopefully) wonder strike.

Regardless of our slightly better form, I'd put them as comfortable favourites & we need a lot to fall into line to get to Wembley.

Almunia is fine from the sounds of things and Bond will probably be ok for the second leg.

Deeney out may be a blessing in disguise, means Vydra doesn't have to drop deep any more. Looked a lot better on Saturday too.

Presume knocky got a booking for the shirt off wtf do they do that ?Crazy.Is he in any danger of a suspension.

Would stick with schlupp for sure just seems to help dyer with his pace work well together Nug is still a bit of a worry but this may be a time for a bit of experience

Don't care who are in both teams.

We need to win, and they'll be thinking the same.

The team that wins will have the strongest mentality and will on the day.

I think Leicester and their fans have it.

Watford are favourites imo. There's a reason why they beat us twice and in both games i thought they could have won by more. We tried going 4-3-3/4-5-1 to contain them in midfield and it failed. We've tried going 4-4-2 and that failed. It's going to need a superhuman effort from the defence who just havn't been up to it lately

Trying to keep it civil this time....... :)

Almunia (GK no 1) had a slight twinge so Zola took him out (dumb move as it turned out) and should be fine for Thursday

Bond (GK no 2) was taken out by a typical piece of dirty Leeds thuggery but it turns out 'only' a broken nose and a bit of concussion so may well be okay for Thursday. We can't get another emergency loan because having played our novice today he has become a full first team player and unless he is mysteriously injured in training we have at least 1 recognised GK fit.

Bad news for us is no Deeney (1 match ban for 2x yellow (1 for kicking ball away, silly sod)) and Zola won't play Forestieri with Vydra so it will be Vydra and Geijo up front; we'll need our supporting cast (Chalobah, Abdi & Anya) for any goals. We'll deffo be looking to contain you and hit on the break.

Hope Zola can get them lifted - they looked absolutely gutted today (which gives lie to the 'foreign mercenaries' theory)

We'll be seeing you on Thursday, may the best team etc etc

Sorry what? He decided to rest a key player on the final day of the season in a must win game? 

That just seems far far far too stupid to be true.

Archived