Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jace

Leicester Vs Watford pre match thread

We're not playing Watford but actually Udinese reserves

This Watford lot are a right bunch of cocky basterds I hope we stuff them 6-0 there fans are clueless.

The last 4 season they have been no where near the play offs never mind being promoted.

You boys should read this thread http://goo.gl/oyfJz

Is about sums them up as a club. Total joke!

We're not playing Watford but actually Udinese reserves

To be fair, it's annoying but they haven't broken any rules. Pisses me off but there's no point moaning about it because they're within their rights. People wouldn't care if they weren't talented lads.

I will be commentating on this match (as well as almost all the other play-off games in L2, L1 and Championship) for a Slovenian television and I have a few questions for you guys.

I think Leicester is the side I've commentated on most this season (cca. 15 games probably) and I must say I've really liked what I've seen (especially in the first half of the season). Premier League would be well deserved. As I've been doing the Hull v. Cardiff game in the last proper round I've been keeping an eye on your result for the whole game, can't say I was too optimistic about your chances. Here you are, however, and rightly so.

So, my questions would be:

1. What's the deal with Beckford. I've heard he was unhappy with his playing time at the start of the season and was therefore loaned out. Why do you criticize him so much? I haven't really been following him that closely apart from when I was doing the FL highlight shows but he seems to be in a good form, which can't really be said for some others.

2. In case you get to the Prem, what are you going to do with so many forwards (most of which are not playing, out of favour). Nugent, Wood, Schlupp, Beckford, Futacs (??), Vardy (?), Waghorn (?)...

3. What's going on with Waghorn? I've seen him play a couple of times and I've always liked what I've seen. He always seemed to add some extra stamina, energy and creativity into the side when selected, not to mention he has the guts to shoot every now and then. Lately he doesn't even make bench. Kane on the other hand very often offers very little, yet plays almost every game. Trying not to be unfair since he did play quite good against Watford the last time I think.

4. What's the deal with centre-backs. Why trust inexperienced loanees instead of your (loyal?) squad members like St. Ledger? I mean, it is obvious Keane has loads and loads of potential, but his inexperience is obvious. St. Ledger seems to be a decent defender. What about Whitbread, can't really say I've seen him play since his Norwich days...

5. Will De Laet and Konchesky be fit? If not, who is going to play. Moore could fill in at right back, how about the left side? Schlupp, I presume?

My lineup for this game would be:

---------------------Schmeichel---------------------

De Laet---St. Ledger----Morgan---Konchesky

Knockaert-------James---------King--------Dyer

--------------Wood--------Nugent------------------

Subs: Logan; Moore; Drinkwater, Marshall; Schlupp, Waghorn, Kane

To be fair, it's annoying but they haven't broken any rules. Pisses me off but there's no point moaning about it because they're within their rights. People wouldn't care if they weren't talented lads.

They haven't done owt wrong but they have abused a loophole in the system which stinks a bit but we just have to beat whatever side is put in front of us

1. What's the deal with Beckford. I've heard he was unhappy with his playing time at the start of the season and was therefore loaned out. Why do you criticize him so much? I haven't really been following him that closely apart from when I was doing the FL highlight shows but he seems to be in a good form, which can't really be said for some others.

2. In case you get to the Prem, what are you going to do with so many forwards (most of which are not playing, out of favour). Nugent, Wood, Schlupp, Beckford, Futacs (??), Vardy (?), Waghorn (?)...

3. What's going on with Waghorn? I've seen him play a couple of times and I've always liked what I've seen. He always seemed to add some extra stamina, energy and creativity into the side when selected, not to mention he has the guts to shoot every now and then. Lately he doesn't even make bench. Kane on the other hand very often offers very little, yet plays almost every game. Trying not to be unfair since he did play quite good against Watford the last time I think.

4. What's the deal with centre-backs. Why trust inexperienced loanees instead of your (loyal?) squad members like St. Ledger? I mean, it is obvious Keane has loads and loads of potential, but his inexperience is obvious. St. Ledger seems to be a decent defender. What about Whitbread, can't really say I've seen him play since his Norwich days...

5. Will De Laet and Konchesky be fit? If not, who is going to play. Moore could fill in at right back, how about the left side? Schlupp, I presume?

1. Beckford was a subject of much debate last season, often being crap but showing glimpses of his potential. Pearson suggested he had the wrong attitude and sent him out on loan, where he's gone through long scoring droughts in a team that just avoided relegation. He gets a lot of stick because some people continue to call for his inclusion even though it's clear he doesn't want to be here, he's not ripped up the Championship and Pearson doesn't want him.

2. Beckford and Futacs will be offloaded, Vardy and Waghorn perhaps as well. Schlupp may have a role to play but it's more likely it will be at left back or (hopefully) winger.

3. Waghorn - when he's good he can make a real difference, sadly his finishing in particular is not good enough. However I don't think he's any worse than Vardy, Futacs or Kane. If he was on the bench I wouldn't complain.

4. Whitbread (often nicknamed Shitbread) hasn't really done the business for us. St Ledger has, IMO anyway, been an average player all along and makes his fair share of errors. Do I have complete confidence in Keane? No, but I can't say I think St Ledger or Whitbread are better options.

5. As far as I know we don't have any major injury worries. De Laet will play if so, and I expect Schlupp to start at left back.

Konchesky has been poor for us this season, and I for one would be horrified if he started tomorrow.

Just been informed by my mate that all our tickets are seperate ends of the stand! If you see a lonely guy in his 20's down in the kop at half time tomorrow downing his pint, come say hello I'll be glad of the company..

They haven't done owt wrong but they have abused a loophole in the system which stinks a bit but we just have to beat whatever side is put in front of us

Anyone can do exactly what Watford have done.  For example Man Utd have been sending their young players  to the likes of FC Antwerp for years.

I will be commentating on this match (as well as almost all the other play-off games in L2, L1 and Championship) for a Slovenian television and I have a few questions for you guys.

I think Leicester is the side I've commentated on most this season (cca. 15 games probably) and I must say I've really liked what I've seen (especially in the first half of the season). Premier League would be well deserved. As I've been doing the Hull v. Cardiff game in the last proper round I've been keeping an eye on your result for the whole game, can't say I was too optimistic about your chances. Here you are, however, and rightly so.

You plastic, why dont you commentate on any of our other games  :P

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?46752-Leicester-City-vs-Watford-FC-9-5-2013/page10

What the hell is their problem? lol

"IMHO we are just lucky to have the honour to play the giants of Leicester being tinpot Watford."

"True. It's all our cup finals come at once."

"Absolutely. We don't deserve to be on the same pitch as legendary clubs such as Leicester. I for one will savour every minute I'm there, knowing how lucky I am."

"Make sure you buy a souvenir packet of crisps.......wink.gif And beware of any Richard the Third's......."

"Win lose or draw, it will be a privilege to even see our lowly cloggers competing alongside such titans."

"I hope our players soak up the atmosphere and gain experience of what it's like to play in a stadium with such history."

"Not embarrassed to admit it, I'll be welling up tomorrow night, it's a measure of how far we've come that I'll be watching my beloved Watford walk on to the hallowed turf at the Theatre of Dreams, trying to compete against worldwide renowned and lauded talent such as Konchesky."

lol lol

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?46752-Leicester-City-vs-Watford-FC-9-5-2013/page10

What the hell is their problem? lol

"IMHO we are just lucky to have the honour to play the giants of Leicester being tinpot Watford."

"True. It's all our cup finals come at once."

"Absolutely. We don't deserve to be on the same pitch as legendary clubs such as Leicester. I for one will savour every minute I'm there, knowing how lucky I am."

"Make sure you buy a souvenir packet of crisps.......wink.gif And beware of any Richard the Third's......."

"Win lose or draw, it will be a privilege to even see our lowly cloggers competing alongside such titans."

"I hope our players soak up the atmosphere and gain experience of what it's like to play in a stadium with such history."

"Not embarrassed to admit it, I'll be welling up tomorrow night, it's a measure of how far we've come that I'll be watching my beloved Watford walk on to the hallowed turf at the Theatre of Dreams, trying to compete against worldwide renowned and lauded talent such as Konchesky."

lol lol

Sorry, one of the freak invaders came on here stating that it was a bonus to have Fitz fvcking Hall playing. Sod off you cvnts

1. Beckford is on ridiculous wages, he has been nothing but average for us and has done nothing to suggest he's worth the money he's being paid. He wanted to leave and we've been better for it. Beckford didn't want to be a part of this season at Leicester and I'm delighted that he won't be coming back for the glory. Given his age, wages and the lack of a goalscoring record above League One, there's no way we should be keeping him.

2. Clearly a number of those strikers are going to be leaving.

3. Good young footballer, probably our 4th best striker at the moment, one of the more popular members of the squad and Pearson has hinted at him having the right attitude in the past, what's going on? Don't have a clue. His stance when he arrived was that he just wanted to play football, that's part of the reason that a lot of fans liked him so you'd hope that he wants to play or leave (which would mean him leaving). If Pearson had been managing him from his return onwards then he'd have stood a much better chance, but he was horribly misused and it clearly dented his confidence.

4. Because Keane is better. That was easy.

5. Schlupp should start regardless of Konchesky's fitness.

Kind of fed up of Watford fans going on about how they need a good ref to stop us from fouling them when they have the most red cards in the league this season and have committed more fouls, conceded more penalties and earnt more red and yellow cards than us.

Kind of fed up of Watford fans going on about how they need a good ref to stop us from fouling them when they have the most red cards in the league this season and have committed more fouls, conceded more penalties and earnt more red and yellow cards than us.

You are right. We do have quite a lot of reds, and yellows.

But Watford are not a dirty team. We can be a bit petulant..... wingbacks in a 3-5-2 get caught out fair and square. In terms of the reds... some very poor red decisions. I think we have had a few we can't complain about, and others that were not deserved at all.

Either way, we're a good team who play passing football. Lots of teams resort to taking hacks out of our players. We're not talking about blatant trips, we are more than guilty of that. But we don't want people going out and injuring our players with excessive fouls (and cowardly acts like Poleon pushing Anya into Bond) .. it's not something which we do. For some reason, Deeney decided to shoot after the whistle was blown, then go in with a reckless tackle that missed, but clearly warranted a 2nd yellow. Very stupid and not something I've seen too often. I've seen Vydra sent off for a stamp, but it got rescinded. Pudil got a red for hitting someone, and Cardiff + Noone even helped us in trying to reduce/get rid of it. Not much else but cynical, clean fouls.

Also, we all feel very hard done by in terms of penalties. I think our last one was in January? Not 100% sure, but we've not had much luck with refs in that department last 3 or 4 months. Of course, that's not your fault though.

Archived