Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jace

Leicester Vs Watford pre match thread

Super excited for Birch's pre game rambling. 

"something something something NEED YOU something YOUR CLUB YOUR CITY something something TWELFTH MAN something BEHIND THE BOYS COME ON CITYYYYYY" 

Sorry what? He decided to rest a key player on the final day of the season in a must win game? 

That just seems far far far too stupid to be true.

I agree. They have been doing it all season - slightest knock, player comes out for 3 or 4 weeks. At least he should have dropped Almunia to the bench.

Sorry what? He decided to rest a key player on the final day of the season in a must win game? 

That just seems far far far too stupid to be true.

It's not true, he had a hamstring strain and at the time the staff were not sure if it was a tear.

I would start with SSL over Keane. Harsh on the young lad who's been great overall but has dipped recently. We've conceded two goals in each of our last 5 games and I feel the dip of Michael Keane has contributed to that. If St Ledger went out with a view to getting match fitness, it suggests he has a role to play.

Do you not want long-serving players who have passion and pride in the club? Or are you okay being used as a stepping stone? Not attacking, just curious. 

TBF I certainly don't think we can accuse most of the loan players lacking those two things which I admit was a worry..Zola has probably helped them with his knowledge and love of the english game.

We'll have to see who signs a pernament deal or not.

Players all seem happy enough...but then I guess that could be the usual PR talk!

Your probably right to say the most popular player is the longest serving in Lloyd Doyley.

A few variations for this one:

Kasper

Schlupp/Konchesky

St Ledger/Keane

Morgan

De Laet

James

Drinky

King

Knockaert

Wood

Nugent/Dyer

2:

Kasper

Schlupp/Konchesky

St Ledger/Keane

Morgan

De Laet

King

James

Knockaert

Dyer/Marshall

Wood

Nugent

I think the second one should be the one we play at home and the first away maybe. I don't know, we're going to have to keep it tight so I'm not too sure. At Forest our overlapping fullbacks and wingers was one of the reasons why we were so effective, that needs to be something we take into the game. Knockaert and King played extremely well at Forest and if they play the same game as Watford I'm excited.

It's going to be tough and I'm shit scared, but please Leicester City, do it for us!

It's amazing to be in the playoffs, and I don't want to put a downer on things but don't think we are favourites despite their GK problems and Deeney suspended. They have beat us twice and personally I think they played the best iv seen against us this season. But the way they play, if we do have an advantage heading into the 2nd leg I can't see there style changing and do they really know how to chase a game? Could be a advantage. Gonna be tight I think but come on you foxes!!

I wouldn't be to despondent for a mixture of reasons. Away we tried a different formation and it failed for what ever reason. At home it was a open game in which either team could have bagged a few in the first half. King is finding the net and we are scoring goals. Saturdays result could have installed new confidence into the squad.

I really think if we can take the confidence of the Forest game and hit Watford early on it will be a routine win. If we shoot on sight with confidence I cannot see anything less than a 2-0/3-0.

If we don't score within the first 30 minutes and miss some decent chances the crowd will get on their back and it will be a depressing evening.

I'm confident of a well deserved win and it all to defend on Sunday!

Come on lads get behind the team, and let's show the nation we deserve a place in the premier league!!

UTF!

The Watford keepers should be ok...they have also applied for an emergency loan in case - meaning they'll probably have Buffon between the sticks!!!

Thier movement and passing is better than ours IMO. We need to stop them passing it freely. Real Madrid do this to Barca quite often, they heavily water and cut the pitch right up pre match. Barca are unable to pass it, and Real are much better in the air than them.

Would it be worth us trying something similar? Would be good to test thier keepers, thats for sure!

I know we lost to a screamer at the KP but in all honesty, they made much better chances than we did.

The Watford keepers should be ok...they have also applied for an emergency loan in case - meaning they'll probably have Buffon between the sticks!!!

Thier movement and passing is better than ours IMO. We need to stop them passing it freely. Real Madrid do this to Barca quite often, they heavily water and cut the pitch right up pre match. Barca are unable to pass it, and Real are much better in the air than them.

Would it be worth us trying something similar? Would be good to test thier keepers, thats for sure!

I know we lost to a screamer at the KP but in all honesty, they made much better chances than we did.

We are shit in the air though.

We didn't try to play football against them and that's why we were so poor. We didn't have a tempo and resorted to hoofing.

We need to get at them quickly, they may be better at passing the ball than us but if we don't let them have it that's irrelevant.

We need to get bodies forward, not kamikazee but we have to make sure we have options in the final 3rd. If we put them under pressure straight away, with the crowd behind us they may be a little nervous.

Think he should stick with the same team that started at Forest.

We do however concede a lot of goals via set pieces and I think this is down to no one attacking the ball when it gets pinged in, this could be down to the fact most players are young or simply bad positioning/not picking up there man, this has to be worked on over the next few days.

lol lol lol 

Had my obsewrvations removed on saturday and now club saying that not allowed to play.but keane and kane can and SSL now eligible again for us.I am sure that this has nothing to do with the extra payment to Everton on 1 more game for Leicester hmmmmmmmm.

sorry Mr Stringer.

Archived