Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

The 'Why are you not going on Thursday' thread.

Guest BlueBrett

Right, I'll start off.

My wife and I work at the same place and on Thursday we have to stay behind for some training.  For the record, we get the time off in lieu at another time.  

We have asked our boss whether we can leave early or not attend and he is insistent that we cannot.  The training is bought in from an outside agency, vital to our jobs and expensive.  We have to be there.

We finish at 6pm, which means usually we could just make it for kickoff.  But...the M-6 has been a nightmare every time we have come across recently due to roadworks at our end.  This means we might be arriving halfway through the second half as best.

So we've decided not to get tickets.  Does this make me a plastic?  Should I be ashamed of myself?

Anyone else in need of airing their shoddy excuse for not attending, here would seem a good place.

Should have kept quiet and 'eaten a dodgy chinese'

Guest ttfn

I'm in Menorca and to make matters worse I'm in Monaco for the Grand Prix the day before the final.

Is this the best humblebrag we've seen so far?

my missus is about ready to drop sprog, giving life to the next generation of fox.

I shall not be going to any playoffs, nor any prospective final. I shall be watching on Sky for all of them, should I not be by a bedside watching life being dragged into this world, I'll be busy on my phone. Breath, breath, breath. Fooking yes! Knocky Knocky! Knocky!....and breath....breath...breath.  :ph34r: Though I'm doubtful that'll he'll be here that soon, I suspect, he'll wait until the final!  :rolleyes:

Anthony (or Antonia) is a nice name....I'm sure your missus will agree!

Gutted.

I can't go to the Watford Playoff game(s).

Thursday is the works awards evening... In fvcking Brighton and its not something I can miss. Normally I avoid these things like the plague anyway but as its my first year with the company proper then it is expected that I show my face and do some hob-nobbing with the board etc.

I can see what's going to happen now:

Company CEO: "And the Site of the Year is..."

Me in the back: "YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH ****ING GET IN THERE!!!!

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY, were the famous Leices..... Oh.... Don't mind me"

Company CEO: "Get that cvnt out of here"

Anthony (or Antonia) is a nice name....I'm sure your missus will agree!

Me and my partner are currently expecting our first child was thinking about suggesting the same thing after Saturday!

Archived