Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Watford Post-Match Thread (h, playoff first leg)

Haha, that Watford fan on the radio...

"In front of a sell-out crowd at Vicarage Road"

Well, you've got to sell out first... lol

(But I do agree we need to be as focused at their place as we were tonight. Plus, they've got Deeney back)

Look at the last 6 now, 3 wins, 3 draws, against playoff teams or contenders for the most part.  City's form might just have recovered in time, at least to give them a great shot.  They didn't fold, the conceding of last minute goals is better.  I think the signs are good, better that we expected 2 weeks ago or so.  

I think they are there for the taking personally.

James, Morgan and Dyer were splendid tonight IMO.

Some of the others (Wood, Schlupp) need to up their games.

I believe this is a team we can beat over two legs and do it. I really do.

PS. For anyone saying this don't look a Prem team, don't be daft.. If we go up it won't be the same team. Worry about that in the summer.

:thumbup:

Fair play lads.

You took the chance..rather Vydra fluffed his when 2 months ago he would have hit the net.

Both our strikers missed their chance to impress - Deeney will be back I suspect.

An open game as usual.

I think we will need to score at least 3 against you guys (going to be tricky against one of the best goalkeepers in this league..)

If nothing else Nugent is bound to score!

Game (and possibly tie) changer right there. Completely different situation now if that had gone in. I was fearing the worst at that point in the game.

Really feels like the gods are with us , first clean sheet in 13 , nugent scores after a goal drought , only half way and 2-0 would of been better but ill take 1-0 to vicarage rd :) ! Matty James and king were immense tonight !

I'm not getting too excited yet, so i suggest people just calm down at the moment. 

Suggest we calm down????  Everyone is happy that we won and saying a good win???  Hardly getting carried away is it.  Just enjoy tonights result ffs and then back to business on sunday for a tough 2nd leg.

We were pretty lucky at times but still a lot better than when we played Watford the last time. Yes, we rode our luck but it all went our way. Wood was terrible, first touch awful, schlupp had a few muppet touches but still gave more tha conchesky (look at his pace an his ability to track back).

Great team performance. Which is what we need to get through this

How much did we get James for again? He was quality tonight. Him and King look quality together and good to see King getting back to his best. Just needs a goal or three on Sunday lol.

Why can't Dyer play like that every game?

Schlupp looked very nervous tonight and I'm surprised Watford didn't try exploiting it.

I'm just praying to the gods we can take our chances and win Sunday

Come on you blues

Just in from the pub, bit lonely, just me and a couple of half hearted Watford fans, no one else interested.

Not a great game football wise, very tense, lots of errors but fantastic effort and determination from pretty much everyone.

Before the game I said I would be happy with a draw, I guess a 1 - 0 is a good second best.

Glad to see NFP reads Foxestalk, I've been telling him to have a player 'in the hole' supporting a front man for months, gives the midfield more options and tonight he was disciplined enough to do the job on Watford's 'point man'too........ :thumbup:

It's only half time as people say, and even though tonight was amazing, I'm not getting ahead of myself.

We played really well tonight, yes we let Watford in a couple of times, but I thought we controlled the game more, pressed and worked incredibly hard as a team, and had more urgency about us. The defence apart from Schlupp who had his flaws were solid, Morgan and Keane were absolute rocks, while King and James made the massive difference, the way they picked up the loose balls, looked forward, got it out wide to Knockaert and Dyer, and the way they pressed and tackled was great to watch, while Nugent with Kane looked better than Nugent with Wood.

Bring on Sunday.

Just in from the pub, bit lonely, just me and a couple of half hearted Watford fans, no one else interested.

Not a great game football wise, very tense, lots of errors but fantastic effort and determination from pretty much everyone.

Before the game I said I would be happy with a draw, I guess a 1 - 0 is a good second best.

Glad to see NFP reads Foxestalk, I've been telling him to have a player 'in the hole' supporting a front man for months, gives the midfield more options and tonight he was disciplined enough to do the job on Watford's 'point man'too........ :thumbup:

...What?

I honestly don't think anyone who saw the game could wholeheartedly get carried away. We didn't play particularly well but they played worse. It's ours to lose now but we know both teams are capable of a lot more so who knows which teams will turn up on Sunday.

:fc:  :scarf:

Played well, won, can't ask for much more!

Shame we couldn't have got a 2nd, but think 1-0 sums the match up, Watford had their chances, we had our chances, I think we just edged it on our performance and therefore think 1-0 is a fair reflection of the game.

We're half way there, just need to finish the job on Sunday, I think we'll need a goal at Watford.

Exactly what I said.

Some of our worse play this season has come when we have set up defensively to try for a point or to protect a lead.

Nahhhh, you've officially lost it.

Schlupp looked a bag of nerves, was probably fortunate not to see a second yellow.

That 2nd one was a yellow every day of the week. He would have been booked if he wasn't already on a yellow. The ref was probably trying to even things out given the amount of corners/throw ins he gave the wrong way

Archived