Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Watford Post-Match Thread (h, playoff first leg)

Knocky MOTM? lol

As much as I love the guy he was poor tonight. Held onto the ball too long, didn't track back enough and looked knackered by the 60th minute. Great ball for the goal to be fair though.

Glad we've got some positivity and some form back, glad some of the heads seemed to be back up.

But really, really should be out of sight. Desperately could and should have had three or four. They were very poor.

Guest BlueBrett

Knocky MOTM? lol

As much as I love the guy he was poor tonight. Held onto the ball too long, didn't track back enough and looked knackered by the 60th minute. Great ball for the goal to be fair though.

He put himself about like a raging heavyweight to be fair to him.  You could tell he was so fired up right from the first minute.  Serious Passion

He put himself about like a raging heavyweight to be fair to him.  You could tell he was so fired up right from the first minute.  Serious Passion

Fair point but I didn't realise player ratings were based on passion...

Knocky MOTM? lol

He was one of the best two or three players on the pitch in the first half, looked ****ed in the second and started to get very frustrated. 

Definitely not "poor."

He was one of the best two or three players on the pitch in the first half, looked ****ed in the second and started to get very frustrated. 

Definitely not "poor."

Maybe poor was harsh but he was by no means one of our standout performers tonight.

Good result. Terrible game. Think it is still going to be tricky on Sunday though.  Think we will need to score again at least once.

Seriously? I thought it was decent even though I was a bag of nerves and I've had several non-city fans saying it was a cracking match.

Have to get this going:

He looks like a fish,

He looks like a fiiiish,

Troy Deeney,

He looks like a fish!

I don't think it wise to pick on their strikers. I can think of one occasion this season where that's bitten us back....Yann.

James my MotM, but Kane was the game changer. He just gave us so many options, and won the free kick for the goal. Text book centre forward play.

Wood played with all the mobility of Jan Molby tonight.

COME ON YOU FUZZY FOXESSSS.

Guest BlueBrett

Fair point but I didn't realise player ratings were based on passion...

It helps.  His first half performance plus tenacity throughout and an assist equals a damn good night in my eyes.

James and King were outstanding tonight, absolutely brilliant.

Considering that was the biggest game of his career Wood should be embarrassed, he was bloody awful in every way. Kane was better but our strikeforce does worry me going into Sundays game.

Fair play lads.

You took the chance..rather Vydra fluffed his when 2 months ago he would have hit the net.

Both our strikers missed their chance to impress - Deeney will be back I suspect.

An open game as usual.

I think we will need to score at least 3 against you guys (going to be tricky against one of the best goalkeepers in this league..)

If nothing else Nugent is bound to score!

Glad we've got some positivity and some form back, glad some of the heads seemed to be back up.

But really, really should be out of sight. Desperately could and should have had three or four. They were very poor.

I can't disagree with that.

The Leicester of January would have done them easily, sheer ruthlessness. I just hope that doesn't come back to bite us on the balls.

That said, Watford fans seemed more confident of getting a result at our place.A draw will take us through to Wembley, and I fancy us to get it. The psychological edge of their two wins against us has dissipated.

Solid enough performance and got the all important lead. I feel like if we can get a quick goal on Sunday it will be enough. Couple of points, thought Kane was great when he came on, seemed to stabilize us a lot. Schlupp was extremely hit and miss but apart from his couple of school boy errors, he looked quite good. Think the occasion may have gotten to him a little. Great result, bring on Sunday !!

lol if Konchesky had the game Schlupp had he'd be getting slaughtered.

Scrappy as has been said. Not a convincing display for the premiership

We're not in the Premiership, it was a cagey one-off match & we've got 2 more of them

If we ever go up, signings will be made in an effort finish 17th or above - That's the least of our worries

Archived