Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Watford Post-Match Thread (h, playoff first leg)

Awesome result - went so scrappy in the second half I really thought they would punish us, but good finish by Nuge, a peach of a ball from Knocky. Onward!

Solid enough performance and got the all important lead. I feel like if we can get a quick goal on Sunday it will be enough. Couple of points, thought Kane was great when he came on, seemed to stabilize us a lot. Schlupp was extremely hit and miss but apart from his couple of school boy errors, he looked quite good. Think the occasion may have gotten to him a little. Great result, bring on Sunday !!

Dyer played really well. Both sides looked very nervous, Leicester came alive after the first goal and could have got another. As the commentator stated 'the watford side is young and inexperienced'. There heads defintly went down after the goal. I think Leicester go into the second fixture with a significant advantage mentally.

What a nervy game.

We bossed the first 15, 20 minutes and then Watford found into it. Vydra always looked like scoring, but kudos to our defenders for neutralizing him for most part.

Watford looked shaky in the back, very risky play with only three defenders.

I tought our strikers did a terrible job in the first half, Wood in particular offered nothing. Kane was so much better, keeping the entire Hornets defense occupied.

Schlupp had a couple of really bad touches in the first half, but justified the trust put into him by Pearson in the second half.

So glad for Nugent to score the winner. Hopefully, this will give his form and the ones around him a huge boost for Sunday.

A home win, Nugent back to his scoring ways, and a clean sheet against Watford. Good stuff!!

Important not to lose, and it's a lead that means we won't sit back from the start.

Only half-time, but we have an advantage, Nugent gets a very welcome goal and the pressure is still on Watford.

Well done lads, not vintage but we're very much in it :)

Good stuff

Nuge's contribution away from the goal could easily be overlooked, but playing deep like that really restricted Watford's ability to pass from deep to pacey players on the break

Great tactic from Pearson.

Also, Wood awful... Kane was in a different league when he came on, worked the channels pulled their CB's out of position

Not seen the point in Kane before but a million times better than Wood

Archived