Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Gianfranco Zola adamant Watford will produce the goods against Leicester City

Gianfranco Zola was full of confidence this afternoon. The Watford head coach was adamant his team would score the goals required to overturn Leicester City’s narrow advantage and reach Wembley.

The Hornets know what they need to do after Thursday night’s 1-0 defeat at the King Power Stadium; two unanswered goals and they will be at Wembley on Monday, May 27.

Watford have been the Championship’s top scorers for most of this season - they were the country’s highest for a while - and it is for that reason Zola is so confident his team will score the two goals needed tomorrow afternoon.

“Of course I am confident,†Zola responded - almost surprised at the question of whether he believes Watford will be able to score the goals required for victory.

“We have been the best scoring team throughout the year and it is no coincidence.

“So I am sure we will score goals and it is just we have to make sure they do not score.

“We will score and I am sure we will get enough to win.â€

Watford’s attacking threat will be boosted by the return of Troy Deeney, who missed the first leg through suspension after receiving two yellow cards, and the subsequent red, against Leeds United in the final game of the regular season.

“It is of course good to have Troy back,†Zola said. “After what happened the other day, he will have a lot of desire to make up for it and I am confident he will contribute a lot to the game.â€

Watford need a big performance from Deeney and they also require an excellent showing from their supporters inside Vicarage Road.

Zola said: “The fans have always been very important to us. Certainly at the beginning of the season when the players needed their support and the fuel from the crowd, it came through the enthusiasm, noise and electricity of the crowd.

“They have to make their presence felt and I am expecting the supporters to leave the ground without their voices and I am expecting them to be very loud.â€

If the Watford players are as confident as Zola then they stand an excellent chance against Leicester tomorrow.

The Hornets have already beaten Leicester twice this season. A third time and Watford are at Wembley. If Leicester make it two wins each this season then the Golden Boys’ previous victories will count for little.

Zola said: “The lads have been good [in the last few days]. They know they played well on Thursday night and they know they were unfortunate not to get something from the game.

“We will come out with the confidence that we can go through.

“They are a good side and we respect them but there is still a lot to come from us.â€

To me he sounds like a very worried man.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/10414297.Zola_adamant_Watford_will_deliver/

I don't get watford!! Do they think they're bayern Munich or Barcelona and we're someone shite like Coventry?! They're not that much better than us, in fact, on our day, we're better. There's an air of arrogance around that club and the air is smelly. I never had hatred for them prior to thurseday night but now I hope we batter them. I respect Zola but he's naive IMO.

After several quotes of him saying how confident he is?

I appreciate that this is mostly just filling column inches but the fact that he seems to feel the need to state how confident he is over and over may be over compensation. Then again maybe not what do I know :D

They didn't play well, they were a shadow of the team that came a couple of weeks back.

a goal early on will kill it i reckon.

They were really low on confidence on our place, it was noticeable by abdi all game who was terrible, but a few weeks earlier he looked a worldbeater.

After several quotes of him saying how confident he is?

I appreciate that this is mostly just filling column inches but the fact that he seems to feel the need to state how confident he is over and over may be over compensation. Then again maybe not what do I know :D

What he said.

They didn't play well, they were a shadow of the team that came a couple of weeks back.

We stopped them playing well. Just hope we can do it again.

Watford can't lose 3 in a row & we can't win 3 in a row though, surely?

------------

Going to be soooooo hard to pull off, I'm really not confident at all.

Half our fans seem to think we're through

------------

I'd say a minority think we're through, whereas a much larger proportion of Watford fans seem to think they'll get the job done with ease tomorrow. Wait and see, I'm absolutely bricking it.

Yes zola and we are a pub side who at one point was 2nd as well who spanked ipswich, huddersfield. Played derby off the park and had the best defensive record in the divison.

You're starting to sound like your fans now.

------------

I was going to add thanks particularly to the work of James, king and Nugent.

Anyway, have we got a song for James yet? He seriously needs one.

I was going to add thanks particularly to the work of James, king and Nugent.

Anyway, have we got a song for James yet? He seriously needs one.

how about " sit down*

------------

That's impression I get.

It's fair enough saying Watford are over confident (their fans anyway) so why respond with over confidence?

It's going to be a difficult game, I make Watford favourites.

That's impression I get.

It's fair enough saying Watford are over confident (their fans anyway) so why respond with over confidence?

It's going to be a difficult game, I make Watford favourites.

Nope you've lost me now.

I really fancy us to do it.

We will score and bar barnsley away we dont lose by 2.

Archived