Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

Good players being Mark Yeates?

And I think most if not all of those play for an international team of sorts. Not too shabby really, considering you rate players like Danny Drinkwater  :D

lol

Are you really that delusional?

I'll just let you float around on your magic spacehopper in cuckoo land.

lol

Are you really that delusional?

I'll just let you float around on your magic spacehopper in cuckoo land.

Which bit's delusional? I know a few Leicester fans and all say Drinkwater was one of your best 2 central midfielders for a lot of last season which I think is hilarious.

Guest ttfn

Which bit's delusional? I know a few Leicester fans and all say Drinkwater was one of your best 2 central midfielders for a lot of last season which I think is hilarious.

Because you watched so much of us last season.

Guys leave Frankie alone, he's obviously going through a traumatic phase in his life whereby the members of his year group are all on holiday while he sits in his room vowing to "show them" behind the PC screen embedded in his nerd nest.

That's my understanding anyway, no normal person acts like he does. It's a wonder how people like this can type in a wifi password without arguing with the service provider lol

lol

It's better than Columbine I suppose.

You obviously watched us all of last season, what do you reckon?

And considering we only really used 3 central midfielders, and one was injured for a bit, it's not that remarkable.

We did actually had a super day with the club also earning lots of gate receipt money. Would have been nice to have played better but nevertheless a good experience for the fans and players. 

You paid the best part of 200 sovs to watch a game in silence because your boys didn't turn up. That's not what I call a 'super day.'

Mind you; when you're as socially inept as some of your lot have shown yourselves to be, I can imagine you have social lives that only Elisabeth Fritzl would envy.

You should have said Danns. If you'd have said our fans are stupid because they rate Danns you'd have made a valid point.

Too late now though.

Because you watched so much of us last season.

I didn't say I had...

You obviously watched us all of last season, what do you reckon?

And considering we only really used 3 central midfielders, and one was injured for a bit, it's not that remarkable.

I didn't say I had...

You two do realise Drinkwater played for Watford for a while and was total garbage don't you?

You should have said Danns. If you'd have said our fans are stupid because they rate Danns you'd have made a valid point.

Too late now though.

Again, above.

Sigh.

You two do realise Drinkwater played for Watford for a while and was total garbage don't you?

Has it ever occurred to you that, as a young player, he might have made progress in his subsequent loan spell at Barnsley and in his pre-season at Manchester United? 

Plenty of players have been garbage for us followed by success elsewhere over the years. Yann Kermorgant being perhaps THE prime example.

We think he's dreadful, Charlton fans would strongly disagree.

Anyone know what the league is going to be called this year?

The QuickQuid football league. Emergency loans to get you through until payday

Has it ever occurred to you that, as a young player, he might have made progress in his subsequent loan spell at Barnsley and in his pre-season at Manchester United? 

Plenty of players have been garbage for us followed by success elsewhere over the years. Yann Kermorgant being perhaps THE prime example.

We think he's dreadful, Charlton fans would strongly disagree.

Very true - and he was playing in an average side not playing that well under Mackay.

Looks like a few of the loans from last season are coming back to us - probably add to the hype and expectation now.

Be up to our players (and Zola) to match it - bit different to last season when I don't think anyone felt we'd come 3rd.

Going by the pictures from players on their Italian tour potentially quite a few again!

Whilst its not official it seems we are going to re-sign a number of loans from last season and its reported Udinese will give us the 3/4 loan players allowed.

Well he will probably find himself in the stands before too long if the performances aren't good so maybe that might get him working harder.

Didn't work for us, but he is a handy impact sub to have, and that turned out to be his most prolific position.

Who?

I think I heard you resigned Battocio (sp) and obviously McGugan, but your squad is nothing close to your squad last season. You're nowhere near as much of a threat atm.

Signed so far:

GK: Almunia (new contract)

Defense: Doyley (new contract), Angella, Faraoni, Pudil, Cassetti

Midfield: McGugan, Abdi, Battochio

Forwards: Fabbrini, Ikpeazu (development), Acuna

All of the above are confirmed by the players; most are not yet on the official site, but you'll find confirmation on Twitter.

Ekstrand has probably signed, but we don't know for sure yet; same with Anya. Vydra currently strongly rumoured to be coming back after his agent apparently did a massive U-turn. Romero also strongly rumoured to be on the way.

Our squad for next year is looking very, very good on paper, and I suspect we've still got more in the pipeline.

Let the Watford fans enjoy their 46 games of stardom. You know it's going to end in tears when Hornets fans give you the big one on a Leicester City forum.

Ever since all these loanees started floating around Vicarage Road, a considerable amount of Watford supporters have awakened from their hibernation and are now threatening everyone else's general health and safety. Attention: they may carry rabies.

What they don't or hardly ever take into account is

a) the general competitiveness of this league

b) the fact that it's going to be tougher than ever before with the teams that have come down and up - I predict even more evenly spread out total points at the end of the season

c) other teams have stacked up on quality reinforcements, too (just not us - yet)

d) most teams have now experienced and studied Watford and their style of play - I doubt many will want to suffer similar defeats again, so they'll now be prepared

e) Zola's honeymoon period with your club is over - now he has to deliver in his second year in charge

f) loanees come and go - can't see this being an advantage with so many of them at one club like Watford

No offence Watford fans but you're posting on a forum that is used to the deflation of almost getting the the Premier League but never quite making it.

It's new to you lads, it's okay to be optimistic, but our experience of the Championship tells us otherwise, that's why we're not giving it large in return. We're not 'scared', just realistic.

Be wary, it's not as predictable as some of your fans are making out.

Jesus Christ there must be something in the water supply down there.

One of the first things mummykins told me was to sort out your own faults before you start on other people's. But I guess you haven't reached that stage of development yet.

Ill just wait until Watford fans crawl back into their caves mid season :)

They do have a young lad called Britt Assombalonga (dunno if thats spelt right), heard decent things about him. I assume hes still at Watford, he was on loan somewhere last year.

Was at Southend - scored a decent number of goals,.

Agreed that he has a bright future if given a chance and in fact he did play a few games under Dyche 2 seasons a go.

I suspect some see some of these players come from Inter and Real Madrid and compared to what we have had in the past think these are the guys to take us up.

You never know really - any signing is risky particularly from overseas unless they are Messi./Ronaldo!

Signed so far:

GK: Almunia (new contract)

Defense: Doyley (new contract), Angella, Faraoni, Pudil, Cassetti

Midfield: McGugan, Abdi, Battochio

Forwards: Fabbrini, Ikpeazu (development), Acuna

All of the above are confirmed by the players; most are not yet on the official site, but you'll find confirmation on Twitter.

Ekstrand has probably signed, but we don't know for sure yet; same with Anya. Vydra currently strongly rumoured to be coming back after his agent apparently did a massive U-turn. Romero also strongly rumoured to be on the way.

Our squad for next year is looking very, very good on paper, and I suspect we've still got more in the pipeline.

Vydra coming back lol lol lol you wish!

Archived