Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

No statements re the future from the Board yet !

I too don't understand. Pearson is currently under contract and the board will only come out and say something if they give him the sack.

If he's staying and buying players then those players would surely appreciate a statement of intent from the owners.

Them saying nothing, them not sacking a manager and them letting him buy players should be everything people need to know.

A statement backing him only gets twisted into a "vote of confidence" he's getting the sack in a minute type thing.

Oh that's just great. All players released. Good one, Nige!

Headbutted them all on the way out as well... the bugger.

Maybe we need a statement to say that there will be no statement?

They should just post up their bank statements.

Guest MattP

Why would they make a statement?

He has a contract until next season and I'm assuming he'll still be in charge for that.

It's all gone very quiet in the Boardroom hasn't it ?  No statements from the Chairman etc about Nige - of support or otherwise - or what their plans are in the summer.  Is that significant at this stage ?!  

Less than 48 hours after the game? No, I wouldn't have thought so.

It's all gone very quiet in the Boardroom hasn't it ?  No statements from the Chairman etc about Nige - of support or otherwise - or what their plans are in the summer.  Is that significant at this stage ?!  

What would they have to make a statement about?

I too don't understand. Pearson is currently under contract and the board will only come out and say something if they give him the sack.

Exactly, we don't expect a statement directly after the last game every season so what makes this so different...

This season has been a tad different to most, Pearson has said that he was expected to get us promotion, if that is the case he failed and his job may be at risk.

I'm sure that he'd appreciate the owners telling him that he will start as manager next season.

I'm sure that any future signings would like to know that the man they sign for will still be in a job when the season starts.

This season has been a tad different to most, Pearson has said that he was expected to get us promotion, if that is the case he failed and his job may be at risk.

I'm sure that he'd appreciate the owners telling him that he will start as manager next season.

I'm sure that any future signings would like to know that the man they sign for will still be in a job when the season starts.

I'm sure if he is allowed to have a say in future signings he will be here next season. I'm sure the owners have already spoken to Pearson! why does it have to be a public announcement?

Them saying nothing, them not sacking a manager and them letting him buy players should be everything people need to know.

A statement backing him only gets twisted into a "vote of confidence" he's getting the sack in a minute type thing.

Rightly or wrongly a statement right now would help alot of unsettled fans. There has been intense speculation in the media concerning Nigels position. He was set a goal not of getting to the play offs but of getting promotion. Failing to reach that goal is bound to raise questions.

Rightly or wrongly a statement right now would help alot of unsettled fans. There has been intense speculation in the media concerning Nigels position. He was set a goal not of getting to the play offs but of getting promotion. Failing to reach that goal is bound to raise questions.

This happened before during the bad run and I felt embarrassed that the owners had to confirm Pearson is staying it is just ridiculous...

Archived