Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

No statements re the future from the Board yet !

Been told that there is a meeting today, whether it's true or not I don't know.

I'd have thought they'd need to make an announcement before ST deadline on Friday.

I would have thought a statement would be helpful for that reason alone - just to dampen speculation (and there is some !).  I know 'votes of confidence' are not worth much; but I would have expected the Board to give one, if they wanted him to stay (not least, to help Nige in transfer dealings). 

Rightly or wrongly a statement right now would help alot of unsettled fans. There has been intense speculation in the media concerning Nigels position. He was set a goal not of getting to the play offs but of getting promotion. Failing to reach that goal is bound to raise questions.

Yes.

Rightly or wrongly a statement right now would help alot of unsettled fans.

Perhaps people should listen to previous statements and stop being "unsettled".

The club statement continued: "Since our arrival in Leicester, it has always been our stated aim to deliver a long term sustainable platform for success.

"Given the recent unwarranted and inaccurate speculation in relation to our manager, we wish to set the record straight in the most unequivocal manner.

"Nigel has and continues to retain our total support in helping us to deliver our stated long-term aim of achieving footballing success.

I'm sure if he is allowed to have a say in future signings he will be here next season. I'm sure the owners have already spoken to Pearson! why does it have to be a public announcement?

Because Leicester's full of nosey fxxkers

The club statement continued: "Since our arrival in Leicester, it has always been our stated aim to deliver a long term sustainable platform for success.

"Given the recent unwarranted and inaccurate speculation in relation to our manager, we wish to set the record straight in the most unequivocal manner.

"Nigel has and continues to retain our total support in helping us to deliver our stated long-term aim of achieving footballing success.

How long ago did they say that?

I should think they'll have an end of season meeting with him at some point, I wouldn't have expected that to happen already. Maybe in the next week.

I hope they ask what went wrong this season, if I was them I'd want some honesty as to why he thought we capitulated and what he plans to do about it. If he can't give a satisfactory answer I'd be concerned.

Even if he is to be sacked I'd like them to have that meeting first so they can make the right decision.

In a tv interview top mentioned the aim for this season was promotion. Whilst that was still attainable at the the time of the previous statement, it isn't any longer

Holloway was sacked three weeks after relegation (different board I know) and there is no great need to sack immediately.

I'd expect there to be movement one way or another in the next fortnight regarding Pearson's future.

They are either taking there time and looking at things properly not rushing. Or there genuinely is nothing they want to do other than improve with Pearson over the summer ready for another go next season. It's only us andys media which have created this. No one at the club have hinted they are not happy.

Unless there's actually a dismissal then their previous statements hold true, why wait for an actual statement?

Hell, they keep saying "long term" enough, perhaps if they say it once more people might start to listen

What would you like the owners to say?

that they are sorry we missed out on promotion?

that they believe in next season and that NP will take us up?

that they will be here in 2024?

I dont get your point but maybe you could elaborate please!

it is not the time nor the place to make public statements on anything - as there is nothing to say. If NP is sacked I am sure we will hear about it in due course and they will no doubt at some stage inform who is his successor - if that is the case.

Come on give it a rest - this is business not a Kindergarten and we will know if and when there is something relevant to inform the public about.

The Owner's probably don't even know what they want themselves yet! need to sit down and look at where we go foward from here and what mistake's have been made this season. This doesn't happen over nite, so let's trust they will make the best decision in the best interest's of Leicester City Fc, not a hasty one with nobody to come in a take the job if Pearson even get's the sack? I personally after thinking about it should give Pearson another shot, he know's the squad well, he know's who we need to get rid of and who is worth keeping! also we have a young squad only gonna get better right?

They have constantly said he's in their long term plans, releasing statements to placate a few whingers does little.

Constantly?

They last said it when rumours of 'arry were circulating, that was prior to our run of 18.

More than a few whingers, 40% on here wanted him gone 3 games ago and this site is very pro pearson.

Why is a younger squad going to get better?

They could just as easily get poorer as they did for the last 18 games.

We were in better form than Watford and Palce results wise going into the play offs.

Constantly?

They last said it when rumours of 'arry were circulating, that was prior to our run of 18.

More than a few whingers, 40% on here wanted him gone 3 games ago and this site is very pro pearson.

I'm talking about whingers moaning about not having a statement.

We were in better form than Watford and Palce results wise going into the play offs.

I'm talking about whingers moaning about not having a statement.

Still fairly poor form though and no guarantee that this 'young side' will improve.

No guarantee that this side will still be together next season, everyone is in general agreement about who we'd like to keep and who should go, actually turning that in to reality is another thing. I'm resigned to Gally, Wellens, Konch etc still being here next season as I don't see them taking a salary drop at this stage of their careers.

I'd be bloody amazed if we have still have Schmeichel, Morgan, James, King, Wood & Nugent here next season.

Still fairly poor form though and no guarantee that this 'young side' will improve.

No guarantee that this side will still be together next season, everyone is in general agreement about who we'd like to keep and who should go, actually turning that in to reality is another thing. I'm resigned to Gally, Wellens, Konch etc still being here next season as I don't see them taking a salary drop at this stage of their careers.

I'd be bloody amazed if we have still have Schmeichel, Morgan, James, King, Wood & Nugent here next season.

Kasper can be replaced. The other 5 will be staying put.

Holloway was sacked three weeks after relegation (different board I know) and there is no great need to sack immediately.

I'd expect there to be movement one way or another in the next fortnight regarding Pearson's future.

Yeah, but he's a twat.

Archived