Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Other 2013 LCFC Stats

Seems like they're going to drip feed them to fans desperate for info.

31 - The most shots City had in a 2012/13 match was in the final day victory over Nottingham Forest. #LCFCstats

173 - @de_laet_r made more tackles than any other City player during the 2012/13 season. #LCFCstats

75% - #LCFC goalkeeper @kschmeichel1 saved 153 of 204 shots faced in the 2012/13 season. Safe hands

43 - Danny Drinkwater was #LCFC's most fouled player in the 2012/13 season. Target.

100% - Every one of @nuge101235's 23 passes in the 2-1 win over Burnley found an #LCFC team-mate. Perfection

96 - @Aknockaert made more dribbles than any other #LCFC player in 2012/13 with 96 (26% of all #LCFC dribbles). #LCFCstats

2,201 - The number of successful passes by Danny Drinkwater last season, the most of any #LCFC player. #LCFCstats

128 - @de_laet_r and Ben Marshall are tied as #LCFC's top crossers from last season. #LCFCstats

510 - #LCFC made 510 passes in the 6-1 home win against Huddersfield on 1 Jan. Their highest in a 2012/13 match.

45 - Most tackles made by #LCFC in a game in 2012/13. Unsurprisingly, on this pitch at Blackpool. #battle #LCFCStats

• 2 weeks later...

So, Drinkwater's passes were the most successful then. We'd probably have a new thread if it was King.

(Drinkwater is the type of player that can control a game though).

So, Drinkwater's passes were the most successful then. We'd probably have a new thread if it was King.

(Drinkwater is the type of player that can control a game though).

No the stat is he made the most successful passes, it doesn't state how many passes he made, he might also have made the most unsuccessful passes (I very much doubt that).

Guest ttfn

No the stat is he made the most successful passes, it doesn't state how many passes he made, he might also have made the most unsuccessful passes (I very much doubt that).

I would be surprised if he wasn't the person with the most unsuccessful passes to be honest.

Even when he was playing out of his skin back at the start of the season he must have misplaced a load of passes simply from the volume he was attempting. It wouldn't surprise me to learn he'd attempted 100+ passes on half a dozen or so occasions this season, and given that we know his pass completion rate is less than 89%, it stands to reason he'd have given the ball away more than most.

I would be surprised if he wasn't the person with the most unsuccessful passes to be honest.

Even when he was playing out of his skin back at the start of the season he must have misplaced a load of passes simply from the volume he was attempting. It wouldn't surprise me to learn he'd attempted 100+ passes on half a dozen or so occasions this season, and given that we know his pass completion rate is less than 89%, it stands to reason he'd have given the ball away more than most.

I doubt he'd attempt 100 plus passes per game. In 46 matches he made only 2201. That's approx 50 successful passes per game. To get to 100 passes he'd be misplacing 50% of them. In addition the most passes we made was against Hudds when we made just north of 500 passes in total.

Guest ttfn

I doubt he'd attempt 100 plus passes per game. In 46 matches he made only 2201. That's approx 50 successful passes per game. To get to 100 passes he'd be misplacing 50% of them. In addition the most passes we made was against Hudds when we made just north of 500 passes in total.

Drinkwater can't have started more than 35 of those though. So given a couple of extra games comprising sub appearances you're up to 60 successful passes a game. Within that there is going to be some natural fluctuation from say 40-85 successful passes, particularly given that he spent a large chunk of the second half of the season watching the ball fly over his head.

So I go back to my initial point. I wouldn't be surprised if he attempted over 100 passes at least 5 or 6 times. I'm convinced he did away at Charlton, he seemed to be on the ball almost constantly.

Drinkwater can't have started more than 35 of those though. So given a couple of extra games comprising sub appearances you're up to 60 successful passes a game. Within that there is going to be some natural fluctuation from say 40-85 successful passes, particularly given that he spent a large chunk of the second half of the season watching the ball fly over his head.

So I go back to my initial point. I wouldn't be surprised if he attempted over 100 passes at least 5 or 6 times. I'm convinced he did away at Charlton, he seemed to be on the ball almost constantly.

As I said the most passes made by the entire team at any point in the season was the 510 against Huddersfield. If Drinkwater ever made 100 passes he'd be making 20% of the total passes for the side. That's quite unlikely. To make that many 5 or 6 times is even more so.

Guest ttfn

As I said the most passes made by the entire team at any point in the season was the 510 against Huddersfield. If Drinkwater ever made 100 passes he'd be making 20% of the total passes for the side. That's quite unlikely. To make that many 5 or 6 times is even more so.

As I clearly said attempted 100 passes I don't see how the 510 complete is relevant.

But using your facts and assuming a generous 80% pass completion rate, we attempted 638 passes against Huddersfield. For Drinkwater to have attempted 100 would mean that he'd made 15.6% of his team's passes. I don't think that's an unrealistic amount for the fulcrum of the team's passing game to be attempting.

Drinkwater was incredibly wasteful in the second half of the season. It's not exactly pushing the bounds of credulity to suggest he may have misplaced more passes than any player given the amount he was on the ball.

As I clearly said attempted 100 passes I don't see how the 510 complete is relevant.

But using your facts and assuming a generous 80% pass completion rate, we attempted 638 passes against Huddersfield. For Drinkwater to have attempted 100 would mean that he'd made 15.6% of his team's passes. I don't think that's an unrealistic amount for the fulcrum of the team's passing game to be attempting.

Drinkwater was incredibly wasteful in the second half of the season. It's not exactly pushing the bounds of credulity to suggest he may have misplaced more passes than any player given the amount he was on the ball.

It isn't 510 complete, it's 510 total

Guest ttfn

It isn't 510 complete, it's 510 total

If you "make" a pass, you complete it. It's 510 complete. Why would they post a stat about most attempted passes?!!

Archived