Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Women's football.. What level is it at?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ienZj9onV0Q

Women's cup final from 98. These two were the last remaining sides in England.

And the Iceland goalkeeper from the European championships. She was supposedly the best female keeper in the country!

Obviously these aren't the norm for all games but they vindicate you. 

Richard Keys is a chauvinistic relic of a shoddy era in sports broadcasting.  His opinion is not worth the paper I wipe my backside with.

As for that Icelandic keeper, I've seen Conrad Logan and Chris Weale perform like her before.

Edit - A lad I know has just been on a UEFA B coaching course.  England's Kelly Smith was there and by all accounts she ripped the urine out of those lads on the course who thought they were players, you know the Sunday leaguers and non league lads mentioned earlier in this thread.

Edited by ManorFox

Richard Keys is a chauvinistic relic of a shoddy era in sports broadcasting.  His opinion is not worth the paper I wipe my backside with.

As for that Icelandic keeper, I've seen Conrad Logan and Chris Weale perform like her before.

Edit - A lad I know has just been on a UEFA B coaching course.  England's Kelly Smith was there and by all accounts she ripped the urine out of those lads on the course who thought they were players, you know the Sunday leaguers and non league lads mentioned earlier in this thread.

Was she quicker and stronger? 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22738853

lol Come on now, some of the play in this is laughable, especially the defending and goalkeeping.

Richard Keys being an arsehole has no effect on how shit the players are.

You have not seen Weale or Logan perform that badly before. You could argue they've both made a similar mistake to one of those in a game before, but not 4 mistakes like that in one game.

• Like 1

I would say if you picked 11 of your male mates who were adaquatly skilled, you all worked on your fitness and you had some sort of tactics in place then a male team would win easily against a rest of the world womens team, and I mean easily!

The people saying that it would be a similar level to male semi pro level must be on the wind up!

It's comes purely down to the physical side of the game. Women are just not as fast and strong enough- they can look deceptively strong when playing against each other but it's all relative.

I have met a female Olympic weight lifter before who spends everyday trainning on her power and strength. Some big blokes at work were able to lift more than her and they did just basic gym work once a week!

I am quicker than majority of the women who ran in the heats at the Olympics 100m this year and I'm nothing special, really.... I certainly don't train myself to run.

Edited by Collymore

Guest ttfn

The technical level of the outfield players is pretty good from what I've seen at the top level and they could teach plenty of professional male players about it.

The standard of goalkeeping is embarrassing though, regardless of height.

The only difference is size/strength. My sister has played for both Liverpool and Everton from about u9s to now u18s. When she was allowed (until she became too old) she played for her school with regularly 21 other boys on the pitch. She was comfortably the best player on the pitch, week in, week out. She's got the MOTM/Player Of The Season awards to prove it. Even now at 16 she'd easily wipe the floor with most boys her age.

However, obviously when these lads become 6ft2 and hit the weights she won't be able to compete. That's just common sense. Arsenal Ladies would struggle against any male side because they're not male. It's sort of like saying would the fastest sloth in the world beat the slowest cheetah. Probably not.

The technical level of the outfield players is pretty good from what I've seen at the top level and they could teach plenty of professional male players about it.

The standard of goalkeeping is embarrassing though, regardless of height.

I seriously doubt that.

canadas right back is shocking

Canada's right back is damn good and was probably the best player out there on Sunday until Alex Morgan switched her game on. Not bad for a 17-year-old.

The defender that got her ankles broken by Morgan's dribble wasn't the right back.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Womens sport,is at a different level,Shoulder Never be compared,und be taken into context...of did I enjoy what I have just seen! ??

There are weekends,where I have enjoyed watching some Womens sports,than what the men have put on offer....

Enjoy it for what it is..!!o

There are many men,who can only Enjoy 1-2 sports,how boring und egoistic is that..!!!

Worse of all,some are American,and only have Orgasms,when it has "world-seies" behind it!!! Which is a lie und law  within  itself..!!!

Edited by fuchsntf