Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzy1981

Waggy

Waggy > Vardy/Futacs/Kane

Yet he was behind Vardy and Kane in the pecking order at the end of last season.

If we don't sell Vardy and Futacs, I will be pretty shocked and pissed. 

But I think with Schlupp now cementing a place as a first team regular, I think Pearson has to look at the situation, and ask himself would I rather keep Schlupp or would I rather keep Waghorn.

And being honest, he will more than likely choose and prefer Jeff.

He's pretty good at everything apart from shooting - which is not a great state of affairs when you're a striker.

There are different kinds of strikers, and it's good to have an option of one who can hold the ball up and set up other team players, even if they don't score many themselves.  It is allowed for midfielders, and other forwards, to pick up chances on the back of their work and to score!

Heskey has prolonged his career with this kind of play, successfully enough to be picked consistently at international level to play that role.

There are different kinds of strikers, and it's good to have an option of one who can hold the ball up and set up other team players, even if they don't score many themselves.  It is allowed for midfielders, and other forwards, to pick up chances on the back of their work and to score!

Heskey has prolonged his career with this kind of play, successfully enough to be picked consistently at international level to play that role.

Waggy cannot hold the ball up. He's like a 50p with legs.

He always gives of his best, sadly his best isn't good enough. 

Still he was only £3m.

This...when given a chance you take it...Wood came in and banged the goals. Goals=Striker

Had opportunities last year and didn't take them. I know we all love a trier but we wouldn't have made top six if we didn't sign Wood. Doubt we'd have seen too much sympathy for him in those circumstances.

I thought at the start of the season we played some of our best football with Nugent and Vardy upfront. I think Vardy will get another chance. Waggy is useless, cannot control the ball, useless in the air and doesn't score goals. He's had enough chances

Not a great deal of love for waggy, I reckon he will go to Derby and become a strong champ striker. I quite like Nige but question his ability to get the best out of strikers.

Nigel Pearson has got more out of Martyn Waghorn than any other manager in his career.

Archived