Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Destiny

Level 25's were always gonna struggle cause they do less damage on level 26's because they're not on the same level. Like most MMO's you get punished a percentage on damage if you're a lower level than what you're attacking.

Manwell, I might be able to be in for the raid. Only problem is that I don't play on weekends, i only play on most weekdays late afternoon/evenings. I'm a level 29 with maxed out armour and I've never been able to have a go at vault of glass.

Yes I wasn't really entertaining the idea of trying it unless everyone was 26 at a minimum. 

Problematic, earliest a few of us can get on is about 7pm weekdays, we have jobs unfortunately....

Really is making me wonder what the dlc actually consists of considering everybody is level 27+ now. I don't think Bungie were particularly expecting everybody to level up this quickly. The dlc's better be fairly substantial otherwise I can see people not bothering.

Should imagine the level cap will be raised pretty much standard procedure with MMO DLC

Yes I wasn't really entertaining the idea of trying it unless everyone was 26 at a minimum.

Problematic, earliest a few of us can get on is about 7pm weekdays, we have jobs unfortunately....

Should imagine the level cap will be raised pretty much standard procedure with MMO DLC

Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence when somebody managed to get access to the dlc level select menu and the missions were level 22 though...

Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence when somebody managed to get access to the dlc level select menu and the missions were level 22 though...

Might be the entry level, as you'll know you can play the levels on higher difficulty levels for better rewards. We'll see though they'll announce it all soon enough. 

Not in it for the 10 year long haul then Beliall? lol

Yeah, ill get the sequel, just not into repeating the same levels and bosses repeatedly just to get a tiny amount of currency or a chance at a new hat. When you get all the top gear, what then? I enjoyed it. Good shooter that is a lot of fun. I just cant dedicate enough time for a day long raid or level in time with my friends.

I heard good things about shadow of mordor so made the decision to trade.

It isn't hard as long as everyone sticks to their roles, but you'll wipe instantly against the last boss if people don't.

Took us about 5 hours as well, but can easily be done much quicker!

Tried it again with 5, 29,29,27,26,25

Couldn't even get the spire to form :-/

Tried it again with 5, 29,29,27,26,25

Couldn't even get the spire to form :-/

Really? I'm surprised. I did manage to do that bit with 5 of us (29,29,27,26,25) the same as yourself.

The only thing I'd say and we experienced this is that the level 25's and the people on or below the level of the raid difficultly do get punished (in my opinion) a lot in terms of dealing damage. We all managed to do it because we all used void dealing damage to deal with the praetorians. So long as they die as soon as they spawn you'll get the spires to form.

I found using rocket launchers that deal void damage to be the best way to deal with them. The Praetorians are the only monsters who can take the spires.

Our strategy was one spire was covered by a 29 and a 25, the middle one was covered by the 27 and 26 and the last spire was covewe'd by myself.

Really? I'm surprised. I did manage to do that bit when 5 of us (29,29,27,27,25).

The only thing I'd say and we experienced this is that the level 25's and the people on or below the level of the raid difficultly do get punished (in my opinion) a lot in terms of dealing damage. We all managed to do it because we all used void dealing damage to deal with the praetorians. So long as they die as soon as they spawn you'll get the spires to form.

I found using rocket launchers that deal void damage to be the best way to deal with them. The Praetorians are the only monsters who can take the spires.

Ahh. Interesting.

I think the problem we have is I was only just 27 and I really didn't have any hefty weaponery, everything is rare, neither did the 26 or 25. I have since acquired a Legendary machine gun and a exotic Pulse rifle though so assuming I can keep my ammo up I'll probably fair better now. 

Ahh. Interesting.

I think the problem we have is I was only just 27 and I really didn't have any hefty weaponery, everything is rare, neither did the 26 or 25. I have since acquired a Legendary machine gun and a exotic Pulse rifle though so assuming I can keep my ammo up I'll probably fair better now.

I think legendaries are as least a must for the raid. It's also benificial to utilise the abilities of exotic weapons.

For instance, my exotic rocket launcher (called Gjallahorn or something) does cluster damage after blasting, I found that really helped in getting rid of the Praetorians.

Not saying you need them, so long as you can get rid of the Preatorians shield quickly then they should go down no problem. Fusion rifles are good for that especially I find.

If your legendary machine gun does void damage that'd be a real bonus.

I think legendaries are as least a must for the raid. It's also benificial to utilise the abilities of exotic weapons.

For instance, my exotic rocket launcher (called Gjallahorn or something) does cluster damage after blasting, I found that really helped in getting rid of the Praetorians.

Not saying you need them, so long as you can get rid of the Preatorians shield quickly then they should go down no problem. Fusion rifles are good for that especially I find.

If your legendary machine gun does void damage that'd be a real bonus.

Nah it's Solar :-/, Plan C is a monstrous weapon though I'd imagine I'd probably be able to hold down one of the area's myself assuming I had someone capable of keeping the minons off my back. Can't imagine attempting it on 30, nigh on impossible. And as someone has said, trying to do it without anyone dying is even more mind blowing, I guess there will be other raids coming out but I should imagine they'll only get more difficult.......

I think I've been really unlucky with legendary weapon drops.

I've never had one drop or had a legendary engram give me a legendary weapon. 

Only way I can get any is by buying them from the tower, so currently grinding the hell out of bounties to get Level 3 Vanguard/Crucible reputation.

Also stuck at Level 25. All legendary armour with one exotic. I think they're all 18 light (exotic is 21) and nothing that I can buy has more light than that. I hate random drops in games. I remember Borderlands being a bitch for this also.

Only way I can get any is by buying them from the tower, so currently grinding the hell out of bounties to get Level 3 Vanguard/Crucible reputation.

Also stuck at Level 25. All legendary armour with one exotic. I think they're all 18 light (exotic is 21) and nothing that I can buy has more light than that. I hate random drops in games. I remember Borderlands being a bitch for this also.

I've not had many, the machine gun was a drop, I've had a scout rifle as well but dismantled it as I can't stand the things. Aside from that I've had nothing.

The Exotic Pulse Rifle was a reward for doing the Weekly Nightfall (omg how hard) so I wouldn't call that luck

If your stuck at 25 with that Armour you need to get them upgraded. 

I think that in the most recent patch that they changed the game so that all legendary engrams drop legendaries now so your chances might increase, not that the engrams ever drop anyway lol

I think that in the most recent patch that they changed the game so that all legendary engrams drop legendaries now so your chances might increase, not that the engrams ever drop anyway lol

To be fair I have had 2 or 3 drop since the patch, but frustratingly they always give me ascendant materials rather than weapons! Obviously the materials are useful but I need a gun to use them on.

I've not had many, the machine gun was a drop, I've had a scout rifle as well but dismantled it as I can't stand the things. Aside from that I've had nothing.

The Exotic Pulse Rifle was a reward for doing the Weekly Nightfall (omg how hard) so I wouldn't call that luck

If your stuck at 25 with that Armour you need to get them upgraded. 

Wow, I'm so stupid. I never knew that upgrading armour increased it's light stats. Thanks Manwell! 

To be fair I have had 2 or 3 drop since the patch, but frustratingly they always give me ascendant materials rather than weapons! Obviously the materials are useful but I need a gun to use them on.

Wow, I'm so stupid. I never knew that upgrading armour increased it's light stats. Thanks Manwell! 

No worries, should be hitting 29 with fully upgraded legendery/exotic outfit.

Level 27 now, looking for a group to do raids with if anybody on here will let me tag along? Haven't really seen much of the endgame stuff because nobody on my friends list is ever doing them!

On ps4

Yeah chuck us your tag we're short most of the time. I can't guarantee you a spot but if the stars align at the right time you might be in luck

What weapons are you packing

Archived