Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_Nige

Glastonbury

Not sure what you expect, it's a mainstream festival which attracts 100's of thousands the acts that play will be the ones that attract these big audiences. If you don't like the main stream headline acts go to the smaller stages thats the point of them. 

obviously you'd go to a different stage or you'd just not go but it's still shit.

you want something crazy, out of this world, something that will at least get people talking. three of the blandest most uninspiring and pointless headliners imaginable.

adele is the least offensive of the three tbf. if it was adele then some huge rock/old school group then someone slightly controversial/cool nobody would complain. but the three all together, at glastonbury, seems a bit shit. ie. adele would've slotted nicely into the gap that florence filled last year, cos then the headliners would've been adele, kanye & the who. something for everyone. 

but coldplay, adele and muse? something for all the same boring people, really. 

tbf i'm not sure she's really festival material. there's a reason most festivals began as "rock n roll" festivals, and most are now rock, dance or variations of such genres. there's a reason there's never really been a specific "pop" festival, cos it doesn't really translate to festivals very well. struggling to picture 100k "festival goers" spending all day getting off their tits then going to stand and watch adele for a few hours. we'll see. might be amazing who knows. 

Who exactly did people want? Adele is the biggest pop star on the planet so it makes sense why they'd want her

Say's an awful lot about the state of 'pop' music really.

Hello...It's me...How are you?...Hello...Can you hear me?!

Amazing songwriting right there, blown away, absolutely :nono:

As for biggest pop star on the planet, be fair to the lass, she's lost abit of weight.

looks pretty crap. earth wind and fire underworld & madness the standouts. obviously be loads to go and see but most that middle strip of "big acts" is pretty uninspiring, really.

Skepta, a grime artist, in semi big writing on a Glastonbury poster. What a time to be alive

haha did laugh at that tbf. pretty sure i read he's playing the pyramid stage, absolutely nuts. stormzy pretty high up the bill by the looks of that poster, too. this is the same gaff that produced a fu cking petition to try and stop kanye attending last year. 

wonder who'll take the usual legend slot on the sunday afternoon. 

He's crap isn't he?

Also I don't follow grime enough to know, but when did Skepta become so credible and relevant again? Last time I heard he was making pop songs like Bad Boy and Lush with Jay ****ing Sean.

dunno about stormzy like, i gave up on being a big "grime fan" like a year ago and he'd never been mentioned. i mainly listen to backstreet boys and diana ross now instead.

yeah think skepta went a bit weird from like 2k11 to about 2k13 and tried to be a popstar and basically be dizzee rascal but it didn't really work. i guess he became cool again when someone somewhere probably on twitter decided shutdown was a good song and everyone just agreed. in terms of legit quality probably one of the worst songs anyone from boy better know has actually produced but somehow it became a thing and that was that. now he's the type of artist (in the mainstream media, at least) that suburban white kids and school girls have 3 of his songs in their "sik toons" playlists so pretend that they're big grime fans. he still does occasional freestyles and stuff with people like frisco, jme etc that are really good tbf. 

like i said i ain't really involved in this "movement" much anymore so i dunno how it (or some of it) got so big. does seem pretty weird tho. would like to go back to '11 and listen to jme - blam! or back to da lab or something by jammer and have everyone think it was shit and just leave us to it. 

lol at how gay this post is dunno why i even typed it out. fu ck me. 

haha did laugh at that tbf. pretty sure i read he's playing the pyramid stage, absolutely nuts. stormzy pretty high up the bill by the looks of that poster, too. this is the same gaff that produced a fu cking petition to try and stop kanye attending last year. 

wonder who'll take the usual legend slot on the sunday afternoon.

I think I saw somewhere that ELO's slot will be the Sunday afternoon legend slot

Archived