Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_Nige

Glastonbury

what stormzy tracks should i listen to other than shut up because i don't want to listen to that again cba. you giving him the green light as "very sick" says i should listen and then agree imo. 

what stormzy tracks should i listen to other than shut up because i don't want to listen to that again cba. you giving him the green light as "very sick" says i should listen and then agree imo.

Know Me From is a banger and has a funny video. Not That Deep is another banger. Just go on his Spotify page, he doesn't have a lot of music out there but what is out is of a great quality.

Standard is another banger of his

not that deep is enjoyable you are right. not sure on "know me from". will have to add em in a playlist somewhere. 

why has jme never become mainstream he is lyrically the best of the bunch has ridic flow and also the funniest on twitter yet doesn't seem to get the credit in terms of charts/radio etc that skepta, stormzy, even people like bizzle and stuff get. 

also is wiley dead? he disappeared

i guess he became cool again when someone somewhere probably on twitter decided shutdown was a good song and everyone just agreed. in terms of legit quality probably one of the worst songs anyone from boy better know has actually produced but somehow it became a thing and that was that. now he's the type of artist (in the mainstream media, at least) that suburban white kids and school girls have 3 of his songs in their "sik toons" playlists so pretend that they're big grime fans. he still does occasional freestyles and stuff with people like frisco, jme etc that are really good tbf.

Started when he released 'That's Not Me' imo, old school type beat which meant all the new bandwagon Grime fans could jump on it and pretend to be hardcore Grime fans once they cut off their topknot, deleted all the deep house off their playlists and brought a couple pairs of tight fit joggers and a Nike cap. Shutdown was on the crest of the wave and fvck knows about Ladies Hit Squad looks like he's branching out again after re-establishing a fanbase in Grime, not a fan but that probably because D double E ruined it by putting that stupid fvcking autotune shite at the end of every line and A$AP Nast liking Hotline Bling too much. Skepta's part was alright but the other two just make it unlikable for me. Much prefer his older stuff like Listen Up and his lines on Intensive Snare tbh.

Stormzy is very sick. Skepta became relevant again when he started making grime music again, has a very organic movement behind him and has cosigns from a lot of big names. Don't think he's put out a bad track for about 2 years now

Can't get into Stormzy, Not That Deep and Where Do You Know Me From were good tracks and Shut Up a good 'freestyle' but his two features with Chip & Bonkaz weren't great at all to be honest. Decent enough MC but have others I rate higher.

Now I've derailed slightly, it seems as good a Glastonbury set would get for me, shocking headliners but plenty aside to go and see. Can't believe it's the best festival lineup this summer but Reading/Leeds and Wireless are absolutely uninspiring. Shame really, far to dear for me anyway but might look at some of the smaller festivals.

• 1 month later...

I guess with the likes of Jess Glyne, Two Door Cinema Club and Ellie Goulding on the main stage some of the smaller stages will be very popular.

Some good acts on those to be fair.

Who's your tips on the smaller stages?

Gonna start listening to the acts not heard before on the smaller stages and see what I can find.

Lots of good electronic acts. Looking forward to Ben UFO, Bicep, Four Tet, Floating Points, Joy Orbison, Palms Trax, Midland, Tama Sumo, Maceo Plex, Fatima Yamaha. Hopefully they'll not be watered down sets as it's not a dance music festival.

• 3 weeks later...

1995 - I arrived at the festival on the Friday morning and there was a rumour going round that the Tory Prime Minister had resigned.  2016 and it's the same.

(In 1995 it was John Major - the rumour was half true - he wasn't giving up but wanted a leadership contest to remove doubts about his authority in the party ).

It was the only time I went to the festival and I had a bit of a disaster - jumping over the wall to get in but the 8 foot drop caused the orange juice carton in my bag to split and soak all my spare clothes. Good memories of Portishead, Massive Attack, Prodigy, Billy Bragg.

Normally watch as much coverage as I can but think i'll be avoiding it like the plague on Saturday, Adele, cannot stand that bitch.

I was against Jay Z, Kanye West, e.t.c, when the headlined but I watched and was somewhat proved wrong, they were ok, personally there should have been other artists in their places but still they were ok - Well if you take Kanye's autotune away I concede he was ok, the autotune was fecking awful, but anyway, i'm not having Adele.

Hopefully there will be a red button/alternative coverage on Saturday night.

Name them, then?

Can't really think back to who was big at the time (I know it was only a year ago but still) anyway not sure if you're trying to create an argument/discussion, but if you are i've already conceded they proved me wrong - barring the god-awful autotune.

Can't really think back to who was big at the time (I know it was only a year ago but still) anyway not sure if you're trying to create an argument/discussion, but if you are i've already conceded they proved me wrong - barring the god-awful autotune.

I'm after a discussion, and the fact you can't remember who was 'big' this time last year really does reinforce the point that he was hugely deserving of his headline slot - like him or loathe him Kanye West is in a very small bracket of performers who make music that is almost always overwhelmingly positive both commercially and critically while being thought provoking and innovative.

Coldplay? Bland. Adele? Boring. You can't level either at Kanye West regardless of whether or not you've got his tapes in your car.

Archived