Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_Nige

Glastonbury

So one of my favourite weekends of the year is upon us.

Time to fill the fridge with beer, turn off my phone, sit my arse on the sofa and enjoy three days of quality music with not a pair of wellies in site!

Who we looking forward to seeing?

Me personally, Stones have got to be a highlight. Interested to see if they rise to the challenge, going to see them at Hyde Park on the 6th.

Gutted not to be going to be honest, I weep over the fb posts of PAP music fans in preparation of going that I have seen.

That said, when I saw the lineup split into times and stages I wasn't as impressed as I was when the names were first announced. For me personally, there's not a lot going on during the daytime stages, and even when there is you've got 2 or more clashing. Feel like I'd go to watch The Stones purely for the novelty/rarity of being able to see them, never been entirely convinced by their music other than the utterly brilliant Gimme Shelter.

It is all about the experience of being there though, just a guaranteed amazing weekend pretty much whatever happens, although I'm not without my criticisms of it having been twice, in '09 and '11.

Is the Stones' full set going to be shown on the BBC? Remember reading something about them being in negotiations with them...

Looks like they've agreed on an hours coverage. Better than nothing but only the Stones would haggle with the BBC, the tight gets! 

Looks like they've agreed on an hours coverage. Better than nothing but only the Stones would haggle with the BBC, the tight gets! 

Yep, losing more and more respect for them. Love some of their music but they're still behind The Beatles and Kinks for me.

Yep, losing more and more respect for them. Love some of their music but they're still behind The Beatles and Kinks for me.

I love 'em but some of the current tour footage I've seen on youtube sounds ropey so interested to see if they can cut it at Glasto. 

Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street, Goats Head Soup, Some Girls and even Voodoo Lounge are classic albums though they're behind The Beatles for me too.

The Kinks... yeah should be up there with these two definitely.

Looking forward to seeing Rolling Stones (even if it's only an hour coverage), Jake Bugg and Arctic Monkeys.

I hope they cover all of Arctic Monkeys. Think it was last time they were on, they were very good as well.

Would like to go to this one year, especially if the line up is as good.

Setting off tomorrow night for my 8th glasto on the trot. Can't wait.

Wanna see Arctic Monkeys, Johnny Marr, miles kane, jake bugg, rolling stones, deap vally, primal scream, alt-j, goat, jagwar ma and by the rivers + loads more.

Gonna get wrecked.

Line up looks pretty boring and I dare say anyone I would be interested in wont be on the tele.

One of the greatest (British) bands wouldn't make it boring for me. I wish I was going, actually. And it's not many times I say that about festivals.

Jay Z, Beyoncé, The Cure are others who were said too have haggled too so its not just the Stones, it happens all the time. I cant find the link to the article I read about it but Beyoncé was to the wire.

How do you find out who are getting covered?

I looked through the schedule but could only find 'best of' at 11pm every night.

Hoping for Arctic Monkeys (all of their set) covered by the BBC. Obviously got an hour of the Stones.

Sickened i'm not going, pretty much every single one of my mates is except me. I fooked up registering and missed the boat, so pissed off. What's angered me this morning is walking past about 500 people queueing up outside Victoria coach station whilst i'm on my way to work. PISS OFF

Archived