Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
potnoodle

working hard

how many times did mr pearson mention these words during his interview with stringer? along with the 'we have a young talented squad' tripe,fact is he is admitting we are doomed and we will do well to stop up..the likes of waghorn will feature a lot more next season and it means only one thing...lump on for the 40/1..well worth a shout in my view..at least while watchig waghorn hit a 6 yard shot out the ground you can count the days to that cruise you always fancied...happy days

Waghorn probably had his best spell last year just prior to Wood arriving and being dropped. He needs games. And don't forget that until January last season we were right up there at the sharp end. You hear what you want, me, I'll stay positive and hope that we come out like last season but hope we can maintain it.

how many times did mr pearson mention these words during his interview with stringer? along with the 'we have a young talented squad' tripe,fact is he is admitting we are doomed and we will do well to stop up..the likes of waghorn will feature a lot more next season and it means only one thing...lump on for the 40/1..well worth a shout in my view..at least while watchig waghorn hit a 6 yard shot out the ground you can count the days to that cruise you always fancied...happy days

Yeah, that's exactly what he's saying. Tell you what, why don't you remortage your house and stick it on us being relegated, then come back at the end of the season and let us know how you've got on and ask if any of us are looking for a flatmate.

Fvck me got out of bed the wrong side this morning did we?

The owners obviously gambled on getting promotion for the last 2 seasons and now with FFP kicking in we are in a bit of a mess

If we cant offload we have to stick with what we have got, which is a very talented young squad who would have had another year

together

Thats the same squad for 2/3rds of the season were ripping teams apart. Too many so called supporters only see the season from Feb onwards. Sorry for being posive but why not all the real fans get behind the team from the start and do our bit

Remember so called big teams buying so called superstars does not always work.

Having a hungry young squad who will work for each other does

Everyone seems to have a go at Wellens for coming out and saying he is one of the best midfielders in the league, I say good for you mate lets get behind him and give him a chance

Got that off my chest I feel a lot better now!

Good job young men with 'lack of experience' never moaned during the War, when they were out fighting for the Country.

... Personally, I don't think he's admitting we are doomed. He does have a tough job on though considering his ability to bring players in is restricted, and he's stuck with players he doesn't want and, sadly for us, neither do other clubs.

What's 40/1, relegation!? Lump as much as you want on it, but I personally can't see it happening. You don't need a good squad to get out of this division, just a hardworking and consistent team. Blackpool, Southampton, Reading, Norwich and more recently, Palace, are all very good examples of that. Nigel will build this, just like he has done twice before. He is a manager that works well on a tight budget. 

Jesus. We finished 6th last season, and the squad will be pretty much identical this time around. What makes you think "we'll do well to stop up"? It's a young squad, with an extra year of experience and learning each other's game, we could well push on a bit further.

Just can't see how you could be so pessimistic.

Well, I'm setting my stall. I think we are nailed on for a play off spot - at least.

1) Skill/talent wise, we have a better than average Championship squad. Arguably the league's best goalkeeper and in Wes Morgan we have one of the league's top centre backs. We have enough creativity in the middle of the park to produce chances (ideally I'd like a pitbull-type engine player being added to win the ball back) and our strike force is actually pretty formidable when you look around at what other clubs have got. Looking at our starting XI there is no one clear point of weakness that is likely to cost us games on a regular basis. 

2) Crucially, this squad is pretty much the same as last season so every single one would have learned valuable lessons about consistency. A bad result can easily become a slide that lasts for weeks if you are not on top of your game. It is such a closely contested league that anyone can beat anyone. Some of our players had their first full season at this level last year, don't forget, so a lesson learned there for them.

3) At times last season we looked unbeatable. And at times we looked like we can't buy a win. To solve this, see above. If we can play more games like we did in January than in March during 2013-14, we'll be ok. More than OK, actually. There is no reason whatsoever that we couldn't do that. I don't believe in this "we got found out" theory. Most of the games we lost in March we would've taken points out of had we simply feken hit the target. The nerves set in. There was pressure. We had the chances to score enough goals but didn't take them. Experience. Concentration. 

I am looking forward to this season and really think we will do well. Paid £60 for the damn shirt with the pissing printing on it and will wear it with pride at Leamington this Friday (provided it arrives in the post in time). I don't care if it looks like a Portsmouth shirt. I don't care if our shirt sponsor is some obscure retailer with royal ambitions that has it's closest outlet 6,000 feken miles away. It has Leicester written on it and that's all that feken matters.

Now come on - lets get a bit positive about this. It's July. If the wheels do come off at some point, then so be it. But lets at least give the old banger a chance. Could we not try and set out on our little drive towards April with a feken smile on our face! 

Why does a squad that managed to finish 6th with a lot of them playing their first season for us and needing time to gel suddenly become high risk of being relegated?

I think we'll struggle to get in the top 6 without adding a bit of quality but for me we are easily a top half side and could even surprise a few

Jesus. We finished 6th last season, and the squad will be pretty much identical this time around. What makes you think "we'll do well to stop up"? It's a young squad, with an extra year of experience and learning each other's game, we could well push on a bit further.

Sorry only just seen your post, pretty much trampled on your point lol

And in this weeks Foxestalk TV impressions we have Potnoodle playing the Scottish one from 'Dads Army'

Were doooommeedd!

What a load of tosh! As already mentioned brilliantly by Hitchen, we have a young squad with an extra year of experience and I also think with the Watford loss they are going to want to prove that they should have been in the final so will play out their skin this year

I love how people on here try to dissect players and managers interviews. Everything they say has a hidden meaning that somebody makes up but it then becomes fact.

There's very little more Pearson can say than the players are working hard and he is pleased with the squad he has, what more do u want from him.

He has also broken his silence on the transfer situation which he was being criticised for.

Well, I'm setting my stall. I think we are nailed on for a play off spot - at least.

3) At times last season we looked unbeatable. And at times we looked like we can't buy a win. To solve this, see above. If we can play more games like we did in January than in March during 2013-14, we'll be ok. More than OK, actually. There is no reason whatsoever that we couldn't do that. I don't believe in this "we got found out" theory. Most of the games we lost in March we would've taken points out of had we simply feken hit the target. The nerves set in. There was pressure. We had the chances to score enough goals but didn't take them. Experience. Concentration. 

For the majority of last season we looked extremely beatable. We had two great runs, apart from that everything else was average at best. We lost a lot of games and scraped into the playoffs with a low points tally. I don't remember us battering teams and coming away with less than we deserve.

I'm not a doom and gloom merchant but with some of the teams coming down next year we'll be lucky to get top 6.

Pot Noodle = a visionary / a realist / a man of the people / a radical thinker / a leader of men! 

He can see the light. He sees the way forward. He should be in charge at Leicester City.

Up in the stands taking a standing ovation as you urchins down below cheer his name.  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

Pot Noodle = a noob/ a surrealist / a non thinker / a leader of pillocks! 

He can see the light beer he needs to maintain his buzz. He sees nothing. He shouldn't even be in charge at Leicester City Council.

Up in the stands taking a punch in the face as the proper fans down below call him a cvnt  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

For the majority of last season we looked extremely beatable. We had two great runs, apart from that everything else was average at best. We lost a lot of games and scraped into the playoffs with a low points tally. I don't remember us battering teams and coming away with less than we deserve.

I'm not a doom and gloom merchant but with some of the teams coming down next year we'll be lucky to get top 6.

Go back 12 months and you'll find the exact same comments about Blackburn, Bolton and Wolves. And not one of those finished in the top 6. 

Whilst I dont think we will go down it is how you finish . We were top under Taylor  had a similar record to last seasonin the last dozen and so matches and went down the following season

Yeah, that's exactly what he's saying. Tell you what, why don't you remortage your house and stick it on us being relegated, then come back at the end of the season and let us know how you've got on and ask if any of us are looking for a flatmate.

why don't you do  the same for promotion if you're so sure ...

I love how people on here try to dissect players and managers interviews. Everything they say has a hidden meaning that somebody makes up but it then becomes fact.

There's very little more Pearson can say than the players are working hard and he is pleased with the squad he has, what more do u want from him.

He has also broken his silence on the transfer situation which he was being criticised for.

yes the silence was broken AFTER the early bird deadline passed.

I would say they have to work harder as they were already working hard from feb-may to turn around the relegation form.

i'm not as pessimistic as potnoodle, i can't see any way  we will get  relegated, but i also  can't see us any better than squeaking into the playoffs.

somewhere between 6th - 10th is my feeling.

Archived