Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
potnoodle

working hard

Pot Noodle = a visionary / a realist / a man of the people / a radical thinker / a leader of men! 

He can see the light. He sees the way forward. He should be in charge at Leicester City.

Up in the stands taking a standing ovation as you urchins down below cheer his name.  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

Today is the day that you've been found out.

People of all ages, all religions, all corners of the World - look at AnotherShitSeason (what a shit name, by the way) and stand in awe of his grandiose WUMming ability.

The sooner people realize that all you post is basically just regurgitated crap in order to gain attention, the better for us all.

Maybe you'll find another forum and another club where you can wind people up for your own personal pleasure, Peter.

Fvck me got out of bed the wrong side this morning did we?

The owners obviously gambled on getting promotion for the last 2 seasons and now with FFP kicking in we are in a bit of a mess

If we cant offload we have to stick with what we have got, which is a very talented young squad who would have had another year

together

Thats the same squad for 2/3rds of the season were ripping teams apart. Too many so called supporters only see the season from Feb onwards. Sorry for being posive but why not all the real fans get behind the team from the start and do our bit

Remember so called big teams buying so called superstars does not always work.

Having a hungry young squad who will work for each other does

Everyone seems to have a go at Wellens for coming out and saying he is one of the best midfielders in the league, I say good for you mate lets get behind him and give him a chance

Got that off my chest I feel a lot better now!

2/3rds of the season !  are you sure about that ?

You must remember that Wellens is a bag'o'shite, and if he thinks he is even good enough for this division, then he must have something wrong with his head

Jesus. We finished 6th last season, and the squad will be pretty much identical this time around. What makes you think "we'll do well to stop up"? It's a young squad, with an extra year of experience and learning each other's game, we could well push on a bit further.

Just can't see how you could be so pessimistic.

Can you remember how this young hungry squad progressed in 2013 ?  if you can't, this young hungry squad gave us relegation form, whats going to change ?  l would love to know 

Pot Noodle = a visionary / a realist / a man of the people / a radical thinker / a leader of men! 

He can see the light. He sees the way forward. He should be in charge at Leicester City.

Up in the stands taking a standing ovation as you urchins down below cheer his name.  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

Which involves a relegation battle and a struggle to survive.

I don't want this sort of mentality thanks.

I feel Potnoodle may be a bit disheartened by the lack of signings so far this season. Admittedly, we've become used to frequent dealings in the transfer market and it does always add a bit of excitement that we're all missing while the football season is at a close.  

However, i'd much rather we not sign anybody, than some of the garbage we we're restricted to a few years back - with Pearson in charge at least the Collins Johns of the world aren't as frequently arriving as they had been - particularly in the season we got relegated.

Although a bit of a digression, I feel it slightly relevant to this topic when I say that I don't think Pearson will be able to bring in the more notable players available in either the free transfer market, or loan market at that. Pearson's reluctancy/inability to deal well with players with big egos probably does shine through to players who might be considering coming to us on loan etc. 

It's not so much a problem, however I think we could do with a few more fiery personalities and players with a bit more attitude - I don't think i'm alone when I say that Knockaert has been a breath of fresh air this season. 

Either way - Potnoodle you need to lighten up a bit - on paper we still have a very good squad and we will have a good season. Lump a bet on that.  

how many times did mr pearson mention these words during his interview with stringer? along with the 'we have a young talented squad' tripe,fact is he is admitting we are doomed and we will do well to stop up..the likes of waghorn will feature a lot more next season and it means only one thing...lump on for the 40/1..well worth a shout in my view..at least while watchig waghorn hit a 6 yard shot out the ground you can count the days to that cruise you always fancied...happy days

my grandmother feels sorry for you

Did I say I was? Saying we won't get relegated isn't the same as saying we'll get promoted, you do realise that don't you?

It's brilliant isn't it? The Pearsonites and others (basically anyone who doesn't think we are totally shit whilst admitting the manager makes one mistake every three years) are accused of accepting mediocrity, yet the supposed top fans and realists (lol) are the lot discussing relegation and oblivion.

Bloody useless Pearson! its all his fault that we can't spend any money, RDM would be able to pick up premier league players for nothing

Such as....?

Well, I'm setting my stall. I think we are nailed on for a play off spot - at least.

1) Skill/talent wise, we have a better than average Championship squad. Arguably the league's best goalkeeper and in Wes Morgan we have one of the league's top centre backs. We have enough creativity in the middle of the park to produce chances (ideally I'd like a pitbull-type engine player being added to win the ball back) and our strike force is actually pretty formidable when you look around at what other clubs have got. Looking at our starting XI there is no one clear point of weakness that is likely to cost us games on a regular basis.

2) Crucially, this squad is pretty much the same as last season so every single one would have learned valuable lessons about consistency. A bad result can easily become a slide that lasts for weeks if you are not on top of your game. It is such a closely contested league that anyone can beat anyone. Some of our players had their first full season at this level last year, don't forget, so a lesson learned there for them.

3) At times last season we looked unbeatable. And at times we looked like we can't buy a win. To solve this, see above. If we can play more games like we did in January than in March during 2013-14, we'll be ok. More than OK, actually. There is no reason whatsoever that we couldn't do that. I don't believe in this "we got found out" theory. Most of the games we lost in March we would've taken points out of had we simply feken hit the target. The nerves set in. There was pressure. We had the chances to score enough goals but didn't take them. Experience. Concentration.

I am looking forward to this season and really think we will do well. Paid £60 for the damn shirt with the pissing printing on it and will wear it with pride at Leamington this Friday (provided it arrives in the post in time). I don't care if it looks like a Portsmouth shirt. I don't care if our shirt sponsor is some obscure retailer with royal ambitions that has it's closest outlet 6,000 feken miles away. It has Leicester written on it and that's all that feken matters.

Now come on - lets get a bit positive about this. It's July. If the wheels do come off at some point, then so be it. But lets at least give the old banger a chance. Could we not try and set out on our little drive towards April with a feken smile on our face!

Wish I had your believe and enthusiasm for the up coming season, fair play.

I am totally disillusioned by everything about the club at the minute, to many mistakes been made, to many average players, on to much money, and an average management team on top money, this blind faith in the people they have employed in there time here, is well and truley biting us on the arse now the financial fair play is here, they played a shit or bust policy the last few years, and it back fired.

There doesn't appear to be any good news coming out of the club, and we look like we will have to go back to the Leicester of old, a selling club, but nobody seems to want our surplus, so can see at least one of our good players going, a player that somebody actually wants, in an attempt to balance the books.

I really wish something would happen to get me excited about lcfc again, but having serious doubts about wether I want to keep my season ticket, alot of money in hard times.

Again sorry I cannot be positive, but that's how I see it, and feel about the way things are at lcfc.

I am down about the club, but to comment on the relegation suggestion, and to add not a fan of Pearson, but relegation, really ?

Wish I had your believe and enthusiasm for the up coming season, fair play.

I am totally disillusioned by everything about the club at the minute, to many mistakes been made, to many average players, on to much money, and an average management team on top money, this blind faith in the people they have employed in there time here, is well and truley biting us on the arse now the financial fair play is here, they played a shit or bust policy the last few years, and it back fired.

There doesn't appear to be any good news coming out of the club, and we look like we will have to go back to the Leicester of old, a selling club, but nobody seems to want our surplus, so can see at least one of our good players going, a player that somebody actually wants, in an attempt to balance the books.

I really wish something would happen to get me excited about lcfc again, but having serious doubts about wether I want to keep my season ticket, alot of money in hard times.

Again sorry I cannot be positive, but that's how I see it, and feel about the way things are at lcfc.

I am down about the club, but to comment on the relegation suggestion, and to add not a fan of Pearson, but relegation, really ?

We're playing Monaco at the end of the month, but whatever...

Did I say I was? Saying we won't get relegated isn't the same as saying we'll get promoted, you do realise that don't you?

but you do think we'll get promoted don't you? you slam everyone who has a pop at pearson, because you're happy with him. if you thought we won't get promoted you wouldn't defend him.

or say we won't get promoted and will finish midtable.

your choice.

I feel Potnoodle may be a bit disheartened by the lack of signings so far this season. Admittedly, we've become used to frequent dealings in the transfer market and it does always add a bit of excitement that we're all missing while the football season is at a close.  

However, i'd much rather we not sign anybody, than some of the garbage we we're restricted to a few years back - with Pearson in charge at least the Collins Johns of the world aren't as frequently arriving as they had been - particularly in the season we got relegated.

Although a bit of a digression, I feel it slightly relevant to this topic when I say that I don't think Pearson will be able to bring in the more notable players available in either the free transfer market, or loan market at that. Pearson's reluctancy/inability to deal well with players with big egos probably does shine through to players who might be considering coming to us on loan etc. 

It's not so much a problem, however I think we could do with a few more fiery personalities and players with a bit more attitude - I don't think i'm alone when I say that Knockaert has been a breath of fresh air this season. 

Either way - Potnoodle you need to lighten up a bit - on paper we still have a very good squad and we will have a good season. Lump a bet on that.  

oh believe me im no mardy arse..im just saying it how i see it..i dont fall for pearsons working hard and we will be older and wiser comments unlike most on here..the fact is we showed relegation form most of 2103 and with no better signings coming in its hard to see how we will do well..thats my view..no head stuck in the sand from me..

oh believe me im no mardy arse..im just saying it how i see it..i dont fall for pearsons working hard and we will be older and wiser comments unlike most on here..the fact is we showed relegation form most of 2103 and with no better signings coming in its hard to see how we will do well..thats my view..no head stuck in the sand from me..

2103? Wizard!

Even if you meant the right year, we've only seen half of it.

And I don't see why more signings equal more success. What it sure means is more money spent and an increase in wages. Two things we cannot afford right now.

2103? Wizard!

Even if you meant the right year, we've only seen half of it.

And I don't see why more signings equal more success. What it sure means is more money spent and an increase in wages. Two things we cannot afford right

well spotted..good to see your awake...are you the main man on here?

but you do think we'll get promoted don't you? you slam everyone who has a pop at pearson, because you're happy with him. if you thought we won't get promoted you wouldn't defend him.

or say we won't get promoted and will finish midtable.

your choice.

I think we're in with a good shout of getting top 6 this season and then whatever happens after that, happens. I don't think there's any other realistic manager available out there who could come in and do a better job, especially under the restraints that Pearson's got to work under, so yes - I'll stick up for our manager.

Is all that alright with you?

Archived