Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
emmo1987

Westerby Cup

I can remember when I saw Friar Lane and Epworth beat Coalville, as Dion Dublin's brother used to manage Friar. 

Good old Leicester, not surprised any of those youngsters haven't got a squad number, clearly not ready.

At least we seem to have found our new scapegoat in Taft.

Tbf, I bet he couldn't give a ****, 20 years old and he rolls around in a brand new Mercedes without ever playing a proper Football League match, the state of football today!

Ah ok. Cant see why people are calling for these players to be in the first team when they can't keep out Coalville town.

It's not like people are calling for the whole team though.

Hope Lionator's on the wind up.

Guest MattP

Tbf, I bet he couldn't give a ****, 20 years old and he rolls around in a brand new Mercedes without ever playing a proper Football League match, the state of football today!

It is quite depressing our youth team players seem to want to drive around like that, ever read the Iniesta stuff about La Masia and how they aren't allowed to buy a house, flash car etc until they have made whats considered a "contribution" to the first team.

If you give young people a lot of money before they have done anything in any sport the results are rarely good.

This will be going on up and down the country though, young footballers now seem to want to be a celebrity before anything, they want the girl, the holiday to Banus, the bank balance and the big car.

Playing football is becoming an inconvience to a lot of them.

It is quite depressing our youth team players seem to want to drive around like that, ever read the Iniesta stuff about La Masia and how they aren't allowed to buy a house, flash car etc until they have made whats considered a "contribution" to the first team.

If you give young people a lot of money before they have done anything in any sport the results are rarely good.

This will be going on up and down the country though, young footballers now seem to want to be a celebrity before anything, they want the girl, the holiday to Banus, the bank balance and the big car.

Unfortunately though we're not Barcelona. Barcelona can get away with doing that because they're one of the biggest clubs in the world and one who've probably been the best side in the world over the past 5 years. If we tried anything like that they'd be straight off to a club where they can get their money for their Mercedes' etc... where-as at Barcelona, it genuinely has the potential to make you a legend of the game.

I totally agree with you don't get me wrong, but it's no surprise really.

The mentality of a lot of youngsters in this country is embarrassing. Can you seriously imagine the likes of Balotelli when he's in his thirties?

The days of Pirlo, Baresi, Shearer, Scholes, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi etc... will be gone soon. It's become a game full of ponces chasing money and nothing more.

Think if I was in charge of our youth set up I'd have binned off any youngster who saw playing football as an inconvenience even if they had potential to go very far - because the chances are they won't and it's a poisonous attitude.

My rant here to be honest isn't necessarily aimed at our youth team as I don't know them enough to judge that, but it wouldn't surprise me and the same applies at a lot of clubs I'd imagine.

It's quite offensive some of them are driving 13 plate Mercedes around, especially Taft, woeful he is, woeful. 

It really is diabolical if he's driving a Mercedes before making his competitive debut. Says it all to be honest.

Do the youth team still clean the 1st team players boots?

Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't anymore.

St Ledger always refers to Hopper as boot boy but might just be a saying rather than fact.

You're absolutely right in general but in terms of our youth team I think there's only one player whose swanning about in a brand new Merc and that's Taft. Is he on good money? He is for a youngster but no more than what some of the other development squad are on. Taft is likely to have rich parents, even the likes of Moore and Schlupp who are far more talented than him weren't rinsing cash like that when they'd signed new deals for us. Schlupp's on an absolute wedge now as well.

Out of interest how much would an academy player be on whose signed his first professional contract? A grand a week? Very, very good money for an 18 year old but not life changing dough is it? They need a bit of cloth between their ears to realise that to continue to earn way above what the average person earns they've got to get their head down.

It's quite offensive some of them are driving 13 plate Mercedes around, especially Taft, woeful he is, woeful.

Mercedes could well have a bit of an issue here, as they give footballs a hefty discount. You are suppose to think I want the same as that player has, not over paid big headed tosser who hasn't done anything to deserve what he has.

We didnt even make the final last year did we ?

We did, and were beaten at Loughborough.

You're absolutely right in general but in terms of our youth team I think there's only one player whose swanning about in a brand new Merc and that's Taft. Is he on good money? He is for a youngster but no more than what some of the other development squad are on. Taft is likely to have rich parents, even the likes of Moore and Schlupp who are far more talented than him weren't rinsing cash like that when they'd signed new deals for us. Schlupp's on an absolute wedge now as well.

Out of interest how much would an academy player be on whose signed his first professional contract? A grand a week? Very, very good money for an 18 year old but not life changing dough is it? They need a bit of cloth between their ears to realise that to continue to earn way above what the average person earns they've got to get their head down.

Fair points raised and I thought that myself. I'd love to know how much he's actually on.

Went school with his brother and to be honest you couldn't really tell if he was from a rich family or not lol

:chant:

Guest MattP

You're absolutely right in general but in terms of our youth team I think there's only one player whose swanning about in a brand new Merc and that's Taft. Is he on good money? He is for a youngster but no more than what some of the other development squad are on. Taft is likely to have rich parents,

Grew up a few roads from me, they might be well off but certainly not rich, not Merc for your kid rich anyway.

Unfortunately though we're not Barcelona. Barcelona can get away with doing that because they're one of the biggest clubs in the world and one who've probably been the best side in the world over the past 5 years. If we tried anything like that they'd be straight off to a club where they can get their money for their Mercedes' etc... where-as at Barcelona, it genuinely has the potential to make you a legend of the game.

My rant here to be honest isn't necessarily aimed at our youth team as I don't know them enough to judge that, but it wouldn't surprise me and the same applies at a lot of clubs I'd imagine.

You know the game is fcuked when youth team players can leave because another club will give them what they want. What a mess.

Mine wasnt a dig at anyone in particular despite the thread turning into a Taft thread, you only have to go on Twitter though to see the attitude of some of them, some certainly feel they are celebs already and the ass kissing from our fans doesnt help either boosting the egos before any of them have achieved anything except some mickey mouse academy group Derby came second in that the club dresses up as a "league".

Guest MattP

Calling them a legend seems to be the most popular thing.

That's just the start.

It's no wonder their egos are in the sky with the love they get, it not all 13-14 year old kids doing it either, some are grown men.

One of the strikers retweeted something from some tosser that had called him the new Messi, he was on the bench for the Youth Team.

Archived